Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Ostensibly, her independence celebration is still pendent see why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ostensibly, her independence celebration is still pendent see why (341 Views)

This Is Our Last Independence Celebration Under Nigeria!!! / Photos From Rochas Okorocha's 55th Birthday Celebration / Photos From Daisy Danjuma's 65th Birthday Celebration In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ostensibly, her independence celebration is still pendent see why by Tobilexy: 8:29am On Oct 01, 2016
Zaccheaus Gbenga writes:

OUR INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATION IS PENDENT

I woke up this morning with an inordinate anguish not for being a Nigerian but for some reasons in Nigeria. Ok, its "Independence day" and a question was quick to enrapture my mind, Are we truly celebrating or we are "fooling" ourselves? I am an incurabe optimist who always deviate from harebrained assertions that tend to devalorize our Nation. However, I am spilling my social media ink today to express the plight of many Nigerians who have the zeal and willingness to celebrate today as supposed but cannot do so due to paucity of funds and intensed hunger. Apparently, this lends credence to my claim that our independence is still pendent.

You will agree with me that our independence celebration depends on the food on our tables, money in our purses and smiles on our faces. Ostensibly, our independence celebration is pendent because myriads of our future leaders would rather troop in large numbers to Football betting shops today than to be at the Stadium parading in Green and white as the case should be. Consequently, galvanizing their intellectual prowess towards frivolities.

Regrettably, our nation is swimming in the pool of autarky, tepid citizenry and harping on political monstrosity, nevertheless we won't lose hope. I won't say God bless Nigeria because He has already done so, allow me to simply put, God "bliss" Nigeria.
By; Zaccheaus Gbenga A.

#CEO Thinkers Forum#
Read More and Subscribe @www.zaccheausgbengaayobami.
Re: Ostensibly, her independence celebration is still pendent see why by 36pripa(m): 9:25am On Oct 01, 2016
Hunger and frustration from bad leaders have clouded the youths sense of patroitism.
Let's keep our fingers crossed as we await that revolution that will sweep this country .
# anywhere outdide stadium surepass for me .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Independent Celebration , What Is Happening In Ur Area , Please Share / Happy Independence Nigeria? Is It Worth Celebrating? / Nigerian Man Shocked After Seeing Ex-governor Peter Obi On A Train In The UK (pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.