Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,448 members, 7,846,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos (37896 Views)

Corper Kiki Osinbajo Rocks Her NYSC Crested Vest In Style (Photos) / Picture Of Buhari And His Men As They Arrive Paris Has Got People Fascinated / Npa New Vessel Mt Majiya Fighting Fire At Tincan Terminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by EternalBeing: 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
GOD Bless Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by jeyselassie(m): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
menix:
Luving that Nigerian Lieutenant Commander on beards..

Pls house, any idea on how an officer can be allowed to keep beard

medical reason. get medical report of serious bumps or something
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by MrCounselor: 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
so?
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by oxon(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
phemmyutd:

If he has doctor report on having problems when shaving
plz are you sure about this I have a serious problem with shaving and I am hell bent on joining the navy
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by naijaking1: 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
Is this one of the war ships planned, ordered for, and paid for by GEJ?
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Atobam: 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
nice
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
menix:
Luvly....
Onwards Together...
Irrespective i was not given the opportunity to sail, I am still a Sailor...

that's d spirit bro...Onward together!!!....
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by jelal007(m): 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
Stealth kor,invincible ni. Does that look like a stealth ship 2u? With all these boats,militants dey bombard we pipelines anyhow. I tire 4 9ja matter. Let's hear Lai Moh'd say PMB procured dis one.
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
phemmyutd:

If he has doctor report on having problems when shaving
[size=16pt] The Navy doesn't need doctor's report to keep beards. In a typical seafarers tradition, Navy men are allowed to keep beards.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
op those guns on that ship dey work, big ships like that works with satellite inorder to triangulate position of a target. i op it doesnt turn into a museum when it reaches nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Redman36(m): 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
borrowed boat.
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
jelal007:
Stealth kor,invincible ni. Does that look like a stealth ship 2u? With all these boats,militants dey bombard we pipelines anyhow. I tire 4 9ja matter. Let's hear Lai Moh'd say PMB procured dis one.
what makes a ship stealthy is nt in its appearance but in its build up. a stealth ship is one that can not be detected by radar or sonar. n if d said nigerian ship is stealthy, so be it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
The topic should have been "Nigerian Navy 's 2nd hand, cut and paste vessel arrives Malaysia"
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by cocaineaddict(m): 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
menix:
Luvly....
Onwards Together...
Kpos
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Comanche(f): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
hmmmm.reminds me of the U.S.S Nathan James.
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nigerian Navy ranks, are they the same all over the world ?
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nigerian Navy = US coast guard grin
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by umarazizz87(m): 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
nograv:
Instead of sailing round the world, it would be better if they were off the coast of Nigeria preventing illegal fishing and smuggling by foreign trawlers.. Nonsense.. angry

Well u got it wrong. The ship is on its way to Nigeria from China, where it was constructed..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by jelal007(m): 6:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
prettyboi1989:

what makes a ship stealthy is nt in its appearance but in its build up. a stealth ship is one that can not be detected by radar or sonar. n if d said nigerian ship is stealthy, so be it.
U're the kind who believes whatever he reads in the news. Go and do a research on what stealth is about. There's a certain way stealth crafts appear,that thing they call stealth isn't stealth. I don't need any explanations about what stealth entails,cos clearly u don't know squart abt it.
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by diegwu01: 6:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NNS_Okpabana
the ship is more than 50 years old, Decommissioned by USA from it fleet in 2014. Nothing to celebrate here.
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
jelal007:
U're the kind who believes whatever he reads in the news. Go and do a research on what stealth is about. There's a certain way stealth crafts appear,that thing they call stealth isn't stealth. I don't need any explanations about what stealth entails,cos clearly u don't know squart abt it.
lmao online bragging rights.
the first pic is the La Fayette-class frigate ow is its shape diff from that of the nigerian ship?
the second pic is the Type 45 destroyer.
both ships are stealth ships.
oh n i knw a litu somtin bout stealth ships, some have special body coating to absorb radar. shape does also matter, cos u knw nothing bout the nigerian ship doesnt mean u should disregard its claim about being stealthy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by MilitaryMinded(m): 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
menix:

Seems like the protocol of cleanly shaved miltary officers and men is no longer being adhered to strictly. I can understand if its a combat zone like NE or on operational grounds but at rear echelon lines?.. Anyway reasons are best known to them
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by effty(m): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
Get an exemption onmedical grounds. Bumps, rashes, excema, etc. are all valid excuses.
menix:

Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Kswiss001(m): 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
naijaking1:
Is this one of the war ships planned, ordered for, and paid for by GEJ?
yes it is.
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by jonzingcaesar(m): 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
Visit this link to learn more about frigates ( destroyers) https://defencyclopedia.com/2016/01/02/top-10-most-powerful-frigates-in-the-world/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8774440450
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by RotrEmmanuel: 7:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
diegwu01:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NNS_Okpabana
the ship is more than 50 years old, Decommissioned by USA from it fleet in 2014. Nothing to celebrate here.
oga nns unity and okpabana ain't same thing.
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by yoddy(m): 7:36pm On Oct 01, 2016
menix:

from what i gathered, Naval officers are allowed to keep beards especially while sailing.

i stand to be corrected though.
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by mytime24(f): 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
Babzilla:
The topic should have been "Nigerian Navy 's 2nd hand, cut and paste vessel arrives Malaysia"
haha, wicked grin

i Hope say e no spoil for halfway sef angry
Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Naff24(f): 7:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
menix:
Luvly....
Onwards Together...
Sailor is different from sailor abeg, NAVY is different from Alora Buccaneer abegi undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
Comanche:
hmmmm.reminds me of the U.S.S Nathan James.
its real name is USS Halsey (DDG-97)

Re: Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
unstableaswater:
[size=14pt]Thank u GEJ for yet another one...[/size]
NIGERIA'S MILITARY RECEIVED THE HIGHEST ACQUISATION OF HARDWARES DURING THE REGIME OF YAR ADUA / GOODLUCK JONATHAN.
GOD BLESS GEJ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko / Videos From Peter Obi Supporters' Rally In Lafia, Nasarawa / Gawuna: Channels TV Blasted For Disinformation On Arrest Of Kano Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.