Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,917 members, 7,863,212 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:08 PM

Four Premier League Footballers Who Ever Went Bankrupt - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Four Premier League Footballers Who Ever Went Bankrupt (531 Views)

3 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Lost Important Goals When Super Eagles Needed It / Boris Becker Lost £100m Fortune Investing In Nigerian Oil Firms, Goes Bankrupt / List Of African Footballers Who Died From Cardiac Arrests (Nigerians Top List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Premier League Footballers Who Ever Went Bankrupt by djayflex10: 10:35am On Oct 01, 2016
Bankruptcy is a legal status of a person or other entity that cannot repay the debts it owes to creditors. Now what is surprising is that, it happens even in football when players failed to accordingly manage their salary and other revenues.

It is a really shock to see someone earning more than £30,000-a-week, but at the end you hear him that was declared bankrupt.

Now let’s take a look at four Premier League footballers who ever went bankrupt after they earned good money, but lost it after a certain time.

4. David James – English (Goalkeeper)

He declared himself bankrupt in May 2014 despite earning an estimated £20m from his footballing career, owning several properties and having a lucrative modelling contract.

Six months on and the man appointed by the courts to oversee his bankruptcy has been instructed to sell off a whole host of David’s sports memorabilia and other personal items including exercise machines, DJ equipment and even a Vauxhall Astra van.

Played for: Liverpool, Manchester City, Aston Villa, West Ham, Portsmouth, Watford, Bournemouth and Bristol City.

3. Lee Hendrie – English (midfielder)

Hengrie started his senior career at Aston Villa before joining other 16 clubs ahead of his retirement. He has been earning more than £30,000-a-week at the height of his career, but in January 2012 faced spiralling debts and repossessions he was declared bankrupt after twice trying to take his own life.

He himself told BBC Radio 4: “If I was to say I wasted my money gambling or that I just didn’t care about my money, that wouldn’t be true.”

Read more: http://www.istylmagazine.com/news/sports/four-premier-league-footballers-who-ever-went-bankrupt/

(1) (Reply)

I Buy Your AIRTIME. Instant Transfer To Your Bank Account. / CLOSED / Avoid Regrets, Don't Bother Dying For Nigeria - Sam Okwaraji’s Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.