Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,296 members, 7,860,726 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:58 PM

Lessons Learnt From Edo Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lessons Learnt From Edo Election (419 Views)

Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi / Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) / LIVE Photos From Edo APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons Learnt From Edo Election by gbengress1: 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
The Edo gubernatorial election has come and gone with accusations and counter accusations.
My observation is that, Edo people are matured politically. Compared to the previous elections held in Bayelsa; Rivers; Kogi ; it was void of violence whatsoever and for the very first time in the history of this country, no lost life was recorded.

Despite the fact that there were report of rigging by either of the political parties, yet it did not degenerate into break down of law and order. Half of the level of accusation raised would have made some states ungovernable, yet the aggrieved party did not resort to violence. Some people might say there was no casualties because of heavy presence of security operatives, but I don't believe that. Security operatives have always been present in our previous elections.
I hope other States can learn a leaf from the page of Edo people.
Long life Edo. Long life Nigeria
Re: Lessons Learnt From Edo Election by gbengress1: 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
Re: Lessons Learnt From Edo Election by FagsamPHP(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
k

(1) (Reply)

Avengers: Bayelsa Can’t Pay Full Salaries Now, Says Governor Dickson / Ten National Assets The Nigerian Government May Sell / Wike Re-assembled, Re-armed And Groomed Perpetrators Of Insecurity – APC Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.