Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,552 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Boxer Mike Towell Dies From Knockout Injuries - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boxer Mike Towell Dies From Knockout Injuries (718 Views)

World Cup 2018: Fixtures For Knockout Games And Kick-off Times / BBC PIDGIN: Boxer Mike Tyson Don Open Marijuana (IGBO) Farm For California / Nigerian-born Boxer Bilal Fawaz Who Chose England Over Nigeria Faces Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boxer Mike Towell Dies From Knockout Injuries by mediahubng(m): 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
Scottish boxer Mike Towell has died in hospital after he was seriously injured in a bout on Thursday night.

The 25-year-old suffered a fifth-round loss to Dale Evans in a St Andrews Sporting Club fight at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Glasgow and was rushed to Queen Elizabeth University Hospital.

WATCH THE MATCH HIGHLIGHTS HERE >> http://verge24.com/2016/10/01/boxer-mike-towell-dies-knockout-injuries/

His management said he passed away with his family at his bedside. A statement is expected to be issued on Saturday morning.

The event was being broadcast on STV Glasgow when Towell, from Dundee, was fatally injured.

Towell had been undefeated going into Thursday’s fight, with 11 previous wins and one draw on his professional record, and the bout was an eliminator for the British welterweight title.

According to the BoxRed database of professional fights, Towell was knocked down in the first round and again in the fifth prior to the stoppage.

The bout was refereed by Victor Loughlin, who was also in charge of the British middleweight title fight in March between Chris Eubank Jr and Nick Blackwell, which ended the latter’s career after he suffered a bleed on the skull when he was stopped in 10 rounds.

Re: Boxer Mike Towell Dies From Knockout Injuries by Remsilla(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
R.I.P
Re: Boxer Mike Towell Dies From Knockout Injuries by yeyeboi(m): 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
My GOD shocked what could have happened angry

Make una check the wey follow am fight hand ooo em fit don singbere cheesy
Re: Boxer Mike Towell Dies From Knockout Injuries by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
I was actually there. He was knocked out twice in the 10th or 11th round. embarassed embarassed I couldn't watch anymore, it was brutal. Never watching a boxing match ever again.

Brain damage
Re: Boxer Mike Towell Dies From Knockout Injuries by soberdrunk(m): 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
...................and "nothing" cause the fight oooooo........ angry angry
Re: Boxer Mike Towell Dies From Knockout Injuries by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
Went out like a warrior. I envy sports related deaths because the athletes involved died doing what they loved best. Way better than catching a stupid random heart attack or dying at the hands of bandits.
Boxing is dangerous and everyone involved know the risk. It is reported six athletes die every year from sport related injuries. It's really surprising there are more athletes in action, I always thought their numbers would slowly deplete from the many deaths.
Re: Boxer Mike Towell Dies From Knockout Injuries by Rockyrascal(m): 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
Boxing is one kind funny sport sha. The guy who knocked him out will boast of this 5yrs later.
If I can still recall,a thirty something yrs old blow killed muhammed Ali this year grin.even the holy bible says No to Violent sport too.

#RipToTheDead.
Re: Boxer Mike Towell Dies From Knockout Injuries by Nostradamus: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2016
radisson blu??is that not oba otudeko's hotel?

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Chelsea Fc Message To Nigeria On Her Independence / Moses Hasn’t Proved His Commitment To Eagles Yet – Dimeji / Cristiano Ronaldo Signs €24m A Year Deal With Nike That'll Last His Lifetime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.