Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Pictures From My Visit To The Slave Museum In Badagry - Akinboye Akinpelumi - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pictures From My Visit To The Slave Museum In Badagry - Akinboye Akinpelumi (1108 Views)

Python Swallows Sallah Meat In Badagry And Was Caught 'Red Handed' (Photos) / See The Animal Caught By A Farmer In Badagry! / Big Turtle I Saw At Badagry Market This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures From My Visit To The Slave Museum In Badagry - Akinboye Akinpelumi by Akinboyepelz: 7:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Indepedence to you all. Do you really know the value of what we celebrate today? I was thinking I do until my visit to the Slave Museum in Badagry.

Check out some pictures from the museum below.

Re: Pictures From My Visit To The Slave Museum In Badagry - Akinboye Akinpelumi by Akinboyepelz: 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
Seriki Abass, a slave turn Slave Master.

He traded a number of slaves for a bottle of dry gin
(picture below)

His plate cost over 15 slaves
(picture below)

Pregnant women, nursing mother and men were shipped out as slaves...
(picture below)

He also exchange men and women for guns, mirrors, umbrella etc.

Re: Pictures From My Visit To The Slave Museum In Badagry - Akinboye Akinpelumi by Akinboyepelz: 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
Men and women were changed like a dog...

The last picture: Chains used to chain baby slaves

Re: Pictures From My Visit To The Slave Museum In Badagry - Akinboye Akinpelumi by Akinboyepelz: 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
About 40 slaves are kept in each of this rooms...(1st picture)

After the death of Seriki Abass, slaves were burried alive along with his corpse to serve him in the world beyond...

(1) (Reply)

11 Crazy Coincidences That Ever Occured / Solange Shares Unfiltered Photo Without Any Make Up On / Nigerian Twitter User Gets The Shock Of Her Life !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.