Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde (28567 Views)

Winifred Igbokwe Weds Mofesomo Tayo-Oyetibo In Lagos (Photos) / Why 3rd Mainland Bridge? By Tayo Demola / The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
The seemingly ingrained tendency for human beings to so easily forget their antecedents, repay evil for good and seek to destroy those God chose to use as their benefactors never ceases to amaze me. As a passionate member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), I am saddened at the concerted, coordinated and consistent effort by a caucus within the party to diminish the influence and relevance of one of the prime architects and engineers of the party, namely Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. The latest example of this grand conspiracy to undermine the Jagaban and erode his political base is the recent brazen and insulting manipulation and outright rigging of the Ondo State APC governorship primaries that has blatantly exposed the party to huge shame and unbelievable embarrassment just to prevent Asiwaju’s purported candidate from clinching the ticket. There is absolutely nothing wrong or illegitimate about this objective even if it is morally abominable. However, there is everything wrong with the brazen robbery of the Ondo State APC governorship ticket. It makes absolute nonsense of APC’s claim to moral integrity and to being a vehicle of positive change.

What is amazing is that most of those involved in the ‘bring Tinubu down’ project are those who owe their political ascendancy to the Jagaban. The prominent and enviable positions they occupy today is due, apart from God, to Asiwaju who identified their talents, recognized their capacities and decided to back their political careers with his time, energy, intellect and financial resources. Despite the treachery of such people, they are at least living testaments to Asiwaju’s acumen for identifying, hunting for and nurturing leadership materials.

Incidentally, Chief Oyegun himself, who overruled the majority decision of the National Working Committee on the Ondo primaries, became National Chairman of APC principally because of Asiwaju’s strategic and material support. In the process, the Jagaban stepped on several toes. But this kind of betrayal is not limited to Oyegun. Some others who have become leading public office holders across the land courtesy the Jagaban are repaying Tinubu’s benevolence with unbelievable ingratitude. Even President Muhammadu Buhari’s closest advisers and teeming admirers acknowledge Asiwaju’s critical role in the electoral elevation of Buhari to the apex office after three previous failed attempts. Thankfully, the President so far has continued to show his appreciation for the Jagaban’s indispensable and inestimable contribution in collaboration with others to his success. As for those who are today reveling in biting the fingers that fed them, I can only refer them to the book of Proverbs 17:13 in the Bible: Evil will never depart the house of anyone that repays evil for good.

I am in a position to speak authoritatively on Tinubu and his politics as one of his closest aides and associates over the last decade. I can testify to his immense capacity for hard work, capacious memory, integrity, fierce commitment to any cause he believes in and genuine patriotism as well as faith in Nigeria. I only laugh when those who are beneficiaries of his so called ‘imposition’ of candidates for elections accuse Asiwaju of having a ‘domineering attitude’. They do not know the man. Yes, he stands strongly and forcefully by any idea or ideal he believes in. But nothing delights him better than a debate over issues and he is always ready to bow to superior opinion.

The Asiwaju they don’t know takes politics seriously as a vehicle for national reinvention and transformation. Asiwaju prepares with utmost commitment for every election taking every tactical and strategic step to ensure victory. Asiwaju personally sent me to Ondo State to assist Rotimi Akeredolu during the 2012 electioneering campaign for the governorship election. As a genuine and unrepentant democrat , Asiwaju never takes the electorate for granted.

Asiwaju does not enjoy himself. He is not a member of a decadent elite that squander time cruising around the exotic beaches of the world. He is always burning the proverbial midnight oil working every day till the early hours of the morning. The Asiwaju they don’t know genuinely believes in and loves people and this is not for politics. The Asiwaju they don’t know is ever eager to offer a helping hand to the needy, encourage the weak and raise those who are down. The Asiwaju they don’t know is a wizard in the art and science of financial management and economic rejuvenation.

As a trained accountant myself, I am always amazed at the depth of his expertise in this area. It is thus no wonder that, he laid the foundation for the Lagos that has become the cynosure of all eyes today. Surely, this man can be a great asset in our bid to get out of the current economic recession.

For those who have made a vocation of the practice of bashing, insulting, derogating and undermining of Tinubu, I urge them to continue on their path. But they should remember that all those who have done so in the past have lived to regret it. The simple message: Underrate and undermine Asiwaju at your peril. He is what the Yoruba call ‘Akanda Eniyan’ – God’s special creation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/10/01/the-asiwaju-they-dont-know/

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by olaboy33(m): 8:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
The asiwaju they dont know does not lose at the end!!!!!!

many are there to testify!!!!! ask OBj, GEJ,ex- Convict bode george nd others...

156 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by faaz24: 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
JAGABAN BORGU ....steadfast, commited and brave.
Leaders are made over the course of time and not overnight, Tinubu has come a long way. He who God has blessed no man can curse.
He is a Poltical enigma.
Love him or hate him he remains a political juggernaut of our time...Jagaban ! 'Nuff respect !!
Enu ti igbin won finbu orisa....
Its just a matter of time.

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
Asiwaju personally sent me to Ondo State to assist Rotimi Akeredolu during the 2012 electioneering campaign for the governorship election....GBAM

5 Likes

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by onatisi(m): 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
Rubbish

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2016
Like,,,,,, seriously

1 Like

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by basilo101: 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
afonjas and hypocrisy. You cry over riggin in ondo but celebrate riggin in edo

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by kayzat: 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
sanky346:
Asiwaju personally sent me to Ondo State to assist Rotimi Akeredolu during the 2012 electioneering campaign for the governorship election....GBAM

But Aketi said Tinubu was forced to endorse him by some unknown names .

Aketi is a total let down and thank God he showed himself before the election proper.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
Aketi is really fucking up. He is the cause of all these wahala. If he has shown humility and tact after the primary election things will have been much easier

quote author=kayzat post=49837114]

Aketi is a total let down and thank he showed himself before the election proper.[/quote]

7 Likes

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by kayzat: 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
sanky346:
Aketi is really fucking up. He is the cause of all these wahala. If he has shown humility and tact after the primary election things will have been much easier

Aketi is a total let down and thank he showed himself before the election proper.

Exactly .

He is obviously a bad leader and I wonder how he rose to be a SAN and NBA national President.

14 Likes

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by onatisi(m): 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
sanky346:

Aketi is a total let down and thank he showed himself before the election proper.
so because he won a primary and defeated tinubu candidate ,he is messing up,abi?

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by kayzat: 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
onatisi:
so because he won a primary and defeated tinubu candidate ,he is messing up,abi?

Winning the primary is not the same as winning the main contest . Can Aketi win the election on his own? we all have our disagreements but its better not to burn the bridge of friendship because you think you have crossed to the other side .

Aside the petition written by the other aspirants I can recollect any of them going to the press to attack him but Aketi is the one abusing everyone upandan over a rigged primary election.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by babyfaceafrica: 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
Okay
Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by Mujaheeeden: 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
Asiwaju the richest man with a smelly mouth

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by onatisi(m): 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
kayzat:

Winning the primary is not the same as winning the main contest . Can Aketi win the election on his own? we all have our disagreements but its better not to burn the bridge of friendship because you think you have crossed to the other side .

Aside the petition written by the other aspirants I can recollect any of them going to the press to attack him but Aketi is the one abusing everyone upandan over a rigged primary election.
Whether he can win the election or not is left to the people of ondo to decide. So u mean without tinubu ,noone in apc can win any election?
Secondly,pls kindly state where aketi has been abusing ppl

9 Likes

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by ificatchmodeh: 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
See as dem dey tightening matter for jagaban..all this pr stunts be the real matter for Apc..
Hause fulani..no dey share power with person..even baba owu no gree share with Atiku..

Presidency has decided..tinubu should que in..no questions.

Or is he different from other stakeholders that worked with him to get buhari there..was it solely his effort that got bubu president..
Obj gan no gree say na only am..he understands that some other persons where instrumental.

Why hype tinubu where he no belong..

Abi those men, will they keep being boy boy to him..abi dem no wan grow..they are entitled to any political aspiration..all they owe tinubu is respect and they ve don and shown that..now they want to aspire..una dey call dem betrayals..which nonsense be that..even slave the get freedom.
This matter self..

Say try tinubu at your peril..wetin e don do as dem don dey try am..everything no be mouth.
No hausa man don even raise voice on wetin the happen..even his man lawal self silence die.
Atiku dey rub am with style after e don bleep am on senate matters.

Don't understand this noise from the west..others are doing matters codedly una dey run mouth..
No be edo election just go..wetin be his input..abi oshomole and oyegun no tidy well?

Ome eh..tinubu at best na local champion ..
And they don position am..and if any media outlet or group of persons dare the north on 2019 on what they're capable of or au " mighty tinubu is" I can bet am say they go position him wey be say within a year all his money and name no go get trace for nigeria..

Na nigeria we dey o..no be yourba land.
Obasanjo go jail for this country..buhari self enter..Bode George,yaraadua,even him fellow governors. plenty men don go..some even die for there.

Respect jagaban..but your boys too talk carelessly..

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by kayzat: 10:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
onatisi:

Whether he can win the election or not is left to the people of ondo to decide. So u mean without tinubu ,noone in apc can win any election?
Secondly,pls kindly state where aketi has been abusing ppl

Onatisi, I know you very well and deep inside you you are happy that APC is in disarray in ondo which is at least a plus 1 for your party . And some of you guys personal hatred for Tinubu is out of this world.

When did you start having sympathy for Aketi/APC ?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by onatisi(m): 10:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
kayzat:

Onatisi, I know you very well and deep inside you you are happy that APC is in disarray in ondo which is at least a plus 1 for your party . And some of you guys personal hatred for Tinubu is out of this world.

When did you start having sympathy for Aketi/APC ?
You don't understand what is going on in apc,go through all my post on apc and you will see that all that is happening to tinubu now is already there. What u dont understand is that aketi isn't the problem but a power tussle for the control of apc structure,whether aketi wins or lose doesn't matter ,what matters now is whose faction member gets the ticket.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by Ojiofor: 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
Enough of this wailing and gnashing of teeth abegiiiiiiiii.......
Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by jamesbanjo(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2016
Who get time for this rubbish lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by lielbree: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2016
Tiunbu will deal with buhari. I trust him

1 Like

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by allanphash7(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2016
If you are a politician, this is my advice: Be like
Tinubu, the Jagaban.

1. Prof Yemi Osinbajo, SAN was Tinubu's
Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice.
He is today, Nigeria's Vice President.
2. Rauf Aregbesola was Tinubu's Commissioner
for Works. Today he is serving his second tenure
as Governor of Osun State.
3. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN was Tinubu's
Chief of Staff and successor in office. He is today
Nigeria's Minister of Power, Works and
Housing.
4. Alhaji Lai Mohammed was Tinubu's
first Chief of Staff. He is today, Nigeria's Minister
of Information.
5. Babatunde Fowler was appointed by Tinubu as
Chairman of the Lagos State Internal Revenue
Service. Today, he is the Executive Chairman of
the Federal Inland Revenue Service.
At the National Assembly, there are countless
"Tinubu boys" who have occupied and are still
occupying seats till today. Since 1999, the Tinubu
camp has produced almost 98% of the members
of the National Assembly from Lagos State.
Forget politics, this man is a political
enigma.Rewind to 1999, I am sure most of us
have forgotten the names of the People who were
elected Governors then. Some of them have gone
out of circulation. Some are gasping for breath
politically. Indeed, most of them are no longer
relevant today.Who still remembers Mbadinuju of
Anambra State, Jolly Nyame of Taraba,
Mohammed Lawal of Kwara, Segun Osoba of
Ogun, Attahiru Bafarawa of Sokoto, Achike
Udenwa of Imo, Victor Attah of Akwa Ibom, Orji
Uzor Kalu of Abia? That one has lost two
consecutive senatorial elections.But Tinubu has
not only managed to remain extremely relevant,
he has continued to control Lagos politics 100%.
Not only that, he manages to carry his boys
along and today they occupy critical positions in
our national life.
Take it or leave it, Tinubu is today, Nigeria's
most powerful politician. It didn't just happen by
chance. He worked very hard for it. Very very
hard.The hallmark of a true leader is not just the
ability to rule well but also the ability to nurture
and groom his associates.The JAGABAN!!!

105 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by BrutalJab: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2016
Enough of this Asiwere Tinubu's Epistles jare....

Meanwhile,

[b] I don't know why yorubas will never learn, it beats me how they go about beating their chests shouting 'Sophistication' while everything is pointing to the contrary.
Benjamin Adekunle took his hatred for Igbos to another level during the civil war when he went about shooting women and children at the outskirts of Biafra while the hausa/fulani were watching. After using him, they disgraced him out of the army without any benefits such that he was looking for small contracts to feed himself before he died. At some point, his son was begging for donations to be made to take him to just Ghana for treatment. We are not even talking of taking him to the USA, Germany or UK oo, just to ordinary Ghana that we can trek into he could not afford it.
Obafemi Awolowo was also used by the hausa/fulani to wage the war against Igbos were he suggested that Biafran children by starved which lead to the death of so many. Awolowo was hoping that the hausa/fulani would compensate him by supporting him to become president but it only turned out he had been used and dumped. The northerners threw all their support behind their son Shagari and Awolowo was never president. As though this was not enough, Babangida was about to arrest Awolowo(which would have been the second time the northerners would be arresting him if it had happened) and to avoid this disgrace, Awolowo had to commit suicide by drinking poison(I think Ratak).
Abiola the yoruba aere onakankanfo thought that he had the north all behind him only for them to cancel his electoral victory and throw him in prison. The hausa/fulani still went ahead to serve him a very special tea which he drank and died. They went a step further by dispatching his wife Kudirat to join him in eternity.
This brings us down to Bola Ahmed Tinubu aka BAT- jagajaga borgu. Like FFK said, Buhari is the spirit clearly behind Tinubu's woes. The hausa/fulani are out to destroy Tinubu and reduce him to one of those agberos running around Lagos shouting 'owomida' at the top of their voices. Again, another yoruba leader has been used and is being dumped.
I keep wondering why yorubas continue to mistake treachery for sophistication and cowardice for wisdom.
selah[/b]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by onatisi(m): 8:48am On Oct 02, 2016
lielbree:
Tiunbu will deal with buhari. I trust him
Sunday morning joke grin

2 Likes

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by anonimi: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2016
olaboy33:
The asiwaju they dont know does not lose at the end!!!!!!

many are there to testify!!!!! ask OBj, GEJ,ex- Convict bode george nd others...

Let us ask the Federal Narcotics agents in the US about how he lost his drug cartel and forfeited $460,000 to wipe off his CRIME slate clean, shall we

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1206437_2e8d204456ddaca651c21c258cad334b_jpg2c86cdb1543edff718fbaebc74f4b873

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3089787_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Yawns, what's it with Yorubas and being loud boasters? Another fifth columnist is at it again.
Yorubas can threaten you to heavens, even swear on their ancestors graves, but when the chips are down, they chicken out like kiddos.
The fearless Fulanis have already realised this trait and pocketed them like N5 chewing gum, used to kill hunger and boredom.
It's a bitter lesson the Yorubas have refused to learn, right from their ancestor Awolowo's role in the civil war, to date, that political sagacity isn't a function of education.
#I am Yoruba.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by notoriousbabe: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2016
I like the name jagaban.

Seun how do I change my moniker to wetpussssy?

1 Like

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by dotcomnamename: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2016
Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by HopeAtHand: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2016
Enough of these write-ups.

Nigeria is bigger than one man. IBB knows this, Obasanjo knows this, GEJ learned of it firsthand, and so also will Buhari if he fails to understand.

The Problem with Tinubus disciples is that they fail to understand that a big difference exist between local SW politics and National politics. Tinubu, for all his political machinations, is still largely viewed by those of us who are outside the SW as a champion only in his fiefdom. He was accorded that recognition and would have been permitted the status quo had he the intention of staying in his lane.

His attempt to spread his tentacles across from the SW to National is viewed as an affront on some political interests, and the battle have now be taken to him. They have made their statements, they await his response... and this have nothing to do with Tribe, it is purely politics.

The battle line is drawn....Let Tinubu do his worst.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by dotcomnamename: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2016
basilo101:
afonjas and hypocrisy. You cry over riggin in ondo but celebrate riggin in edo

Another jobless hungry flat-head undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by anonimi: 8:53am On Oct 02, 2016
notoriousbabe:
I like the name jagaban.

Jagaban is the short form of JagaBandit and equivalent to JagbaJantis.
Why would someone who is not an agbero, tout, area boy or aspiring to be an almajiri like such a name

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2147911_cymera20150222114530_jpegbb7cc5a3cc7ccee7c2b50b7bb8f36287

3 Likes

Re: The Asiwaju They Don’t Know By Tayo Ayinde by Bizibi(m): 8:54am On Oct 02, 2016
allanphash7:
If you are a politician, this is my advice: Be like
Tinubu, the Jagaban.

1. Prof Yemi Osinbajo, SAN was Tinubu's
Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice.
He is today, Nigeria's Vice President.
2. Rauf Aregbesola was Tinubu's Commissioner
for Works. Today he is serving his second tenure
as Governor of Osun State.
3. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN was Tinubu's
Chief of Staff and successor in office. He is today
Nigeria's Minister of Power, Works and
Housing.
4. Alhaji Lai Mohammed was Tinubu's
first Chief of Staff. He is today, Nigeria's Minister
of Information.
5. Babatunde Fowler was appointed by Tinubu as
Chairman of the Lagos State Internal Revenue
Service. Today, he is the Executive Chairman of
the Federal Inland Revenue Service.
At the National Assembly, there are countless
"Tinubu boys" who have occupied and are still
occupying seats till today. Since 1999, the Tinubu
camp has produced almost 98% of the members
of the National Assembly from Lagos State.
Forget politics, this man is a political
enigma.Rewind to 1999, I am sure most of us
have forgotten the names of the People who were
elected Governors then. Some of them have gone
out of circulation. Some are gasping for breath
politically. Indeed, most of them are no longer
relevant today.Who still remembers Mbadinuju of
Anambra State, Jolly Nyame of Taraba,
Mohammed Lawal of Kwara, Segun Osoba of
Ogun, Attahiru Bafarawa of Sokoto, Achike
Udenwa of Imo, Victor Attah of Akwa Ibom, Orji
Uzor Kalu of Abia? That one has lost two
consecutive senatorial elections.But Tinubu has
not only managed to remain extremely relevant,
he has continued to control Lagos politics 100%.
Not only that, he manages to carry his boys
along and today they occupy critical positions in
our national life.
Take it or leave it, Tinubu is today, Nigeria's
most powerful politician. It didn't just happen by
chance. He worked very hard for it. Very very
hard.The hallmark of a true leader is not just the
ability to rule well but also the ability to nurture
and groom his associates.The JAGABAN!!!
but don't criticise any silly leader in other regions like u just did with your post about your kleptomaniac leader......you guys in sw are really gullible, allowing one man to control everything,even your wellbeing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: "I Was Tied Up, Thrown Into Solitary Confinement" / Nigeria To Sell Ajaokuta Steel Company After Spending $80bn On A Moribund Steel / Ex-Governors, Senators, Ministers, Military Officers Own 130 Dubai Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.