Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,173 members, 7,835,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

What Every Woman Must Know Before Getting A Haircut - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Every Woman Must Know Before Getting A Haircut (645 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? / Is This A Haircut Or Head Cut? (photos) / What Would You Call This Haircut (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Every Woman Must Know Before Getting A Haircut by kingsley939: 1:44am On Oct 02, 2016
So you are tired of wearing your hair long? Or it does not seem like the hair is making so much progress, so you want to start from the scratch? Or you want to rock a short hair now? Whatever your reason might be, there are some things you should know before making your decision. Why? Because keeping a short hair could even be more trouble than your long hair was.

1. Face Shape.

You have to know your face shape to enable you discern the kind of cut you should go for. I recently just cut my hair after leaving it fallow (unrelaxed) for about 7 months and am currently rocking an afro and trust me, I so love the freedom. Some people have small heads and are really scared of taking their hair any lower lest they look like something from a crazy nightmare. But I can confidently tell you that from the few haircuts I've had in the past and presently and from testimonies from friends, you too – with a small head shape – can get a haircut. Try not to cut it so low and also try to get some fullness into the hair (natural hair products are helpful for that).

2. Hair Texture.

You also have to know your hair texture. Some people (for African hair) have coarse hair, some have soft hair, some have curly hair and so on but you should always ask for the expert advice from a hair stylist before taking the big chop!

3. Have Realistic Expectations.

We all see the haircuts celebrities get and we want ours to be like theirs. It’s not impossible. You can be optimistic but at the same time, tell yourself the truth. That celebrity’s hair is very different from yours and besides you have no idea how much has been put into making it the way it is. If you are patient, however, you can make your hair nice as well.

4. Count the Costs.

This is very important. If you are going all natural like me, it could be time consuming, expensive, stressful and may require a certain amount of self-hair braiding skills. No one is going to be there to be there to remind you to get on your protective plaits at night, Bantu knots for curls and twists for locks. You also need a good memory here to remember and calculate correctly your wash days, post washing days and deep conditioning days. It’s a full time job, trust me. But if I can do it, you can too.

Source: https://www.slika.ng/lifestyle/every-woman-must-know-getting-haircut.html
Author: Bukola Edgar
Re: What Every Woman Must Know Before Getting A Haircut by xreal: 3:45am On Oct 02, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Babies Canvas / Second Hand Clothes & Shoes & Accessories / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.