Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ (8339 Views)

Poll: I.....

Go To The Gym/ Workout Regularly: 15% (36 votes)
Do Outdoor Activities On A Regular Basic: 11% (25 votes)
Try Out Every/Any Crash Diet/s That Works!: 6% (15 votes)
Am Content/ Not Bothered About My Weight!: 9% (21 votes)
Count Calories/ Watch What I Eat: 12% (29 votes)
Weigh Myself Regularly: 14% (32 votes)
Wud Like To Exercise More / Stick To A Routine: 21% (48 votes)
Can Eat Anything & Not Put On The £: 9% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

How Warm Water Can Help Your Weight Loss / I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! / Digital Glass Scale For Your Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:44am On Oct 16, 2009
[size=13pt]~In Todays Image Conscious World,Almost Everyone Seems to Be Obsessed With Their Weight!! Counting Calories,Gym Workouts,Outdoor Activities,Crash Diets,Weight Watchers, Atkins Diet,Raw Diet Are All The Norm To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle!

~SoOo What Are Your Lifestyle Choices/Habits/Regime You Live By/Have Tried To Adapt On Loosing/Gaining/Maintaing Your Weight?[/size]
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by Sissy3(f): 3:03am On Oct 16, 2009
honestly, i dont do gyms or diet or crash diets. i maintain my weight no yoyo weight.
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by bluespice(f): 3:14am On Oct 16, 2009
i think we'll leave it at i'm guilty lipsrsealed
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:36am On Oct 16, 2009
~Sissy~:

honestly, i dont do gyms or[b] diet or crash diets.[/b] i maintain my weight no yoyo weight.

[size=13pt]~Me neither! Never been drawn to try out diets however i do Moderate exercises/Various activities,such as Brisk walking,DIY Abs/upper body workouts,Footie w/ my son & his friends. . i also walk/pick up my son to/from school at least twice a week. . . .

~Once upon a time i use to be somewhat obsessed w/ Physical exercise/Fitness. . .workouts at the Gym was an everyday thing, Tennis & Golf i gave up after a few lessons!!:Golf was too boring,Tennis had me panting like a dog. . .Running i loved -i joined a club that did track running following trails. 

~Somehow someway, all that lost its appeal! I wudnt do any form of exercise again till post baby. . That sure got me reunited w/ the ole me to gear up to get my body back into shape. . after i did,i quit exercising again & became quite lazy. . i cudnt even do 2 situps cheesy[/size]
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:39am On Oct 16, 2009
bluespice:

i think we'll leave it at i'm guilty lipsrsealed

[size=13pt]~ cheesy I aint letting you off that easy. . .Dish it Out Missy! [/size]
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mamagee6(f): 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2009
As obsessed than you can ever imagine[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]. cool
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2009
,mama-gee:

As obsessed than you can ever imagine[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color]. cool

[color=#770077][size=13pt]~Do you jump on the scale first thing every morning to see if the number has changed? cheesy Or are you one of those people i see in supermarkets checking out labels,calculating calories in your head. . . cheesy [/size]
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by iice(f): 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2009
The only time i get on the scale is when i go to the hospital and they have to take stats grin
Don't gym.  My exercise involves my fingers on the remote control or the joy pad or the mouse.  I only swim which is something i do purely for pleasure and the occasional hiking.

I eat randomly.  Must have snacks (tea time/merienda) at least 3 times a day with some random samplings thrown in between those and my meals grin I can't say i eat healthy all the time.  I eat a lot of fish but i love meat too.  I eat veggies (kinda don't even think about it. . .it's a staple). I drink a lot of water but i drink whatever too grin I love deserts. . .can wake up in the middle of the night and eat a quart of ice cream and pastries and immediately doze off grin I'm more concerned with my palate and tummy than weight.
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mukina2: 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2009
[s]sweetie . . you need to hit the gym. . u gotta lose some . dont want you breaking mama's chairs[/s] grin grin
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by iice(f): 5:37pm On Oct 16, 2009
Sharap grin grin There are always couches grin
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2009
iice:

The only time i get on the scale is when i go to the hospital and they have to take stats grin
Don't gym. My exercise involves my fingers on the remote control or the joy pad or the mouse. I only swim which is something i do purely for pleasure and the occasional hiking.

I eat randomly. Must have snacks (tea time/merienda) at least 3 times a day with some random samplings thrown in between those and my meals grin I can't say i eat healthy all the time. I eat a lot of fish but i love meat too. I eat veggies (kinda don't even think about it. . .it's a staple). I drink a lot of water but i drink whatever too grin I love deserts. . .can wake up in the middle of the night and eat a quart of ice cream and pastries and immediately doze off grin I'm more concerned with my palate and tummy than weight.

[size=13pt]~ cheesy You Lucky Thing!! I dont do the scales as in check my weight every day/week/month, keep a mental note of what i weigh,check up if the number is going up/down etc. . .as long as my clothes still fit perfectly i aint got nuffin to woory about!! My scales at home will be happy to feel the soles of my feet every other year! I have got on the weight machine you put coins in tho to check out my BMI. .

~I Dont Count Calories. . . .I know i wont become overweight by eating the occasional chocolate/ice cream/cake if i maintain a healthy balanced diet!! Well that's what i tell myself! If i do slip up on my "suposed healthy Diet",i pile on the ££££ on my cheeks,Boobies & upper arms angry Argh!!I love when my cup size goes up but hate the "chinese eyes" i get & muscle arms grin Now you all know working off those ££ can be a pain in the you know where!

~I have erratic snacking habits, if i want to eat something {Usually Snacks} i eat it regardless of what time it is. . that right there is my main problem!! I have eased up on giving in to my cravings & indulgences,I stick to eating friuts now when i have those cravings & try not to go to the snack cupboard. . so hard tho!! Them crisps & biscuits be calling me grin[/size]
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by iice(f): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~ cheesy You Lucky Thing!! I dont do the scales as in check my weight every day/week/month, keep a mental note of what i weigh,check up if the number is going up/down etc. . .as long as my clothes still fit perfectly i aint got nuffin to woory about!! My scales at home will be happy to feel the soles of my feet every other year! I have got on the weight machine you put coins in tho to check out my BMI. . [/size]

You and me both!!
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mukina2: 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2009
iice:

Sharap grin grin There are always couches grin
am serious angry
grin grin grin grin
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by dominique(f): 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2009
i dont count calories, exercise regularly or go on strict diets embarassed times i wonder why am not fat cos there are times i just go on eating spree (like today embarassed tongue)
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by Sissy3(f): 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2009
^^^^

you prolly have a high/fat metabolism. lucky you wink

still have to eat healthy and exercise though, becos even though you mean look physically fit you heart may still be cluttered with fat. so you're arent 100% free.
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by bluespice(f): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~ cheesy I aint letting you off that easy. . .Dish it Out Missy! [/size]

mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~Or are you one of those people i see in supermarkets checking out labels,calculating calories in your head. . . cheesy [/size]
ummm im guilty i said so
hey, my metabolism is screwed up i wont tell you what i eat but if i do, them olsen twins should stare at me in disbelief at how fat they are (that is if the world were perfect)
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by ritaNL: 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~Do you jump on the scale first thing every morning to see if the number has changed? cheesy Or are you one of those people i see in supermarkets checking out labels,calculating calories in your head. . . cheesy [/size]

I'm guilty of this,sometimes i just wonder if i'm not going insane already.
When ppl offered me stuffs b4 saying thank you,I asked for the calories first even if it a grain of rice. undecided
I'm so so so obsessed and i need help.Not that i'm over-weight thou.
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:46pm On Oct 16, 2009
dominique:

i dont count calories, exercise regularly or go on strict diets embarassed times i wonder why am not fat cos there are times i just go on eating spree (like today embarassed tongue)

[size=13pt]~Wish i was that lucky!! Cant imagine what i'll be like if i didnt do some sort of exercise & or much more go on eating sprees shocked lipsrsealed[/size]
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:51pm On Oct 16, 2009
bluespice:

ummm im guilty i said so
hey, my metabolism is screwed up i wont tell you what i eat but if i do, them olsen twins should stare at me in disbelief at how fat they are (that is if the world were perfect)

[size=13pt]~Oh Okies! My metablism changed post-baby. .people still wonder why i am not keen to add [b]S [/b]to Kid![/size]
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 12:00am On Oct 17, 2009
rita@NL:

When ppl offered me stuffs b4 saying thank you,I asked for the calories first even if it a grain of rice. undecided

[size=13pt]~Oh Wow! You got it that bad huh?. . .That kind of obsession can take over your life! I agree you do need help! grin

~maybe you shud start by weighing yourself every 2/3 weeks instead of daily?
[/size]
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by dominique(f): 2:09pm On Oct 17, 2009
rita@NL:

When ppl offered me stuffs b4 saying thank you,I asked for the calories first even if it a grain of rice. :-\

count calories in food ke  shocked free yourself my sister and enjoy your food. . . at least thats what i tell my sis who is always obsessing about her weight
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by SeanT21(f): 5:18am On Oct 18, 2009
I don't even have a weight to be bothered about. Hopefully, It stays that way.
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by sexyLeamon(f): 10:37am On Oct 18, 2009
I eat what ever I want I do whatever I want I do not work out yet am in good shape all thanks to the lord grin
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by Outstrip(f): 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2009
I will just respect myself and not comment LOL
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by santakris(m): 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2009
I take my time and watch what i eat.
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2009
I'm sooo lucky.
I'm one of those people who won't be fat, even after 3 kids.
I eat whatever and whenever.

I love my burgers, coke, candies, ice cream and cakes.
However, i try to monitor my sugar and fat intake,
Strictly for health reasons and not cos i'm worried about my weight.
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by vanitty: 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2009
I sort of let myself go during the holidays, i gained almost a stone. can't explain how, i just ballooned up undecided but now that work has resumed i hope all the morning rush, standing on the trains and going up and down the stairs takes me back to my original weight because none of my stuff fit me properly anymore.
I remember when i could eat anything and still maintain my weight, i wonder where those days went angry
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mukina2: 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2009
Outstrip:

I will just respect myself and not comment LOL
LOL your post don kill me today grin grin grin grin grin

you are funny grin

@ topic
weight? obsessed? grin
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by maedan(f): 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2009
How obsessed am I?? On a scale of one to ten-----hmmn----fifteen!! grin
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by phuckNL: 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~In Todays Image Conscious World,Almost Everyone Seems to Be Obsessed With Their Weight!! Counting Calories,Gym Workouts,Outdoor Activities,Crash Diets,Weight Watchers, Atkins Diet,Raw Diet Are All The Norm To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle!

~SoOo What Are Your Lifestyle Choices/Habits/Regime You Live By/Have Tried To Adapt On Loosing/Gaining/Maintaing Your Weight?[/size]

Is the topic rhetorical or what. Geez. This na Nigerian forum na. If Nigerians care about their weight, why do we have millions of girls/women with big protruding stomachs (and they think it is cool to wear tight clothes tongue). Same for the men. How many Naija guys have abs. Na so so pot belly all the way. I beg Most Nigerians don't care about weight. A typical nigerian diet involves excess calories: rice, rice , rice, eba and poundo.
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by maedan(f): 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2009
Lol^^^^^
You're missing the point though. Being obsessed about your weight doesn't always mean you're overly fit or healthy, but that you worry, are over-conscious etc of ur weight/what u eat. Nigerians might be showing signs of obesity but they could still be obsessing in their own way wink. So no, this is not a rhetoric, I don't think!
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2009
Well sometimes.

Some cloth emphasize my curves, some make me look big tongue cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For October 26 2020 In Nigeria / Please Help An SS Nairalander / What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.