Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,319 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ (8349 Views)

Poll: I.....

Go To The Gym/ Workout Regularly: 15% (36 votes)
Do Outdoor Activities On A Regular Basic: 11% (25 votes)
Try Out Every/Any Crash Diet/s That Works!: 6% (15 votes)
Am Content/ Not Bothered About My Weight!: 9% (21 votes)
Count Calories/ Watch What I Eat: 12% (29 votes)
Weigh Myself Regularly: 14% (32 votes)
Wud Like To Exercise More / Stick To A Routine: 21% (48 votes)
Can Eat Anything & Not Put On The £: 9% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

How Warm Water Can Help Your Weight Loss / I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! / Digital Glass Scale For Your Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:47am On Dec 24, 2009
GL:

i once used to keep a scale by my bedside and step on it upon rising in the morning, and hundreds of times during the day. i threw it away eventually and now i dont have a scale so i can only check my weight in the gym. i still count calories though, i check the calories in bread, rice, cereals, chicken, pita, frozen vegetables, biscuits, flavoured water, yoghurt, chocolate, chips,  basically anything that comes in a pack. i even have a list on my computer of the calories in the unpackaged raw foods i normally buy. i even check the % of carbs, proteins, fibre etc. i spend at least 70% of my time online reading up nutrition, health and fitness articles.

i wish i could channel all that energy into my workouts though. i've pretty much got a handle on my nutrition but i still have to drag myself to the gym. i'd love to be obsessed about exercising.

~Oh Wow!  shocked I duff my hat off to you! grin
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:57am On Dec 24, 2009
yjay:

yes i do obsess abt my weight a whole LOT!!!!!! every one in my house knows it & when they see me eating a snack they tell me rite away not to come & ask them if im gaining weight o! especially my bro he gets really pissed when i ask him, i weigh 60kg. ve been at that weight as far as i can remember, i do take a LOT of fruits, watermelon works the best for me, i dont exercise but i realise that i might ve to, im getting older so i know i wont be able to get away with certain things again. if i hear comments like ure adding weight, watch it! i get really worried & eat more of my watermelon, most of time i eat rite, stay away from junk & sugar & eat a lot of fruits but i know i need to do more

~Tell me about it!! I've read it cud be very difficult to lose weight once one gets over the big 3-0. . . I certainly dont want to find out how hard it is to loose weight!!
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 24, 2009
mohawkchic:

~ cheesy AWomen!! That was hilarious! Some will get there eventually! The real lucky ones wont get to find out. .

~I've got a mate who's like a size6. . .she's had three kids & the most weight she puts on is on her face. . I'm like Y "Why wasnt i on the stay-skinny-till-you-die line?" grin ! Her Mam & her mam's bro are just as skinny & Tiny like her. . they cud easily pass as brother & sisters. .

Me too, Blame it on mama and papa angry angry grin
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by agabaI23(m): 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Me too, Blame it on mama and papa angry angry grin
You did not see that they are on the big side before you entered their house. Abeg leave them jare!
Na your fault angry
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2009
agabaI23:

You did not see that they are on the big side before you entered their house. Abeg leave them jare!
Na your fault angry
Nugor please, I dont remember talking to you grin grin Tragically obvious you dont know what a joke is lipsrsealed
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by agabaI23(m): 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Nugor please, I dont remember talking to you grin grin Tragically obvious you dont know what a joke is lipsrsealed

Well, I also can't remember when this place became a private board. Last time I checked it was still a public board.

You cannot even know a joke without smiley. Small girl!
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2009
agabaI23:

Well, I also can't remember when this place became a private board. Last time I checked it was still a public board.

You cannot even know a joke without smiley. Small girl!
Yes a public forum but its a conversation between two people and you are being quite rude. Small boy.
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by agabaI23(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Yes a public forum but its a conversation between two people and you are being quite rude. Small boy.

O yea a conversation between 2 people on a public topic on a public forum, can't you get little girl.
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 24, 2009
agabaI23:

O yea a conversation between 2 people on a public topic on a public forum, can't you get little girl.
Little boy, whats the beef? have I wronged you in some way? grin grin grin
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by agabaI23(m): 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2009
No little girl you did not. Ebony yeye is the one behaving like I offended her.

I forgot she is a little girl undecided
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by spikedcylinder: 9:33pm On Dec 24, 2009
Ah. You people should not turn this orobo thread to fight o. Ebony, agaba was only joking. He's my brother and sometimes he jokes like omo okoro.
No hard feelings, small pikins. grin grin grin
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2009
agabaI23:

No little girl you did not. Ebony yeye is the one behaving like I offended her.

I forgot she is a little girl undecided
Little boy, you started with the "little person" reference and thats quite offensive no? Please refer to me by my name thank you.
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by agabaI23(m): 9:46pm On Dec 24, 2009
Are you little?
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by Rightworld(m): 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2010
A pound of fat equauls to 3500 calories. To loose one pound in a week you will need to expend 3500 more calories than you eat that week, whether through increased activity or decreased eating or both. Loosing 1-2 pounds of fat in a week is a sensible goal, and so you will want to use combination increased activity eating less that will total 3500 calories for 7 days.

There are many small changing you can make to your daily routine that will burn calories for example:

.Take the stair instead of the lift
.Keep walking whilst the escalator caries you up
.Walk or cycle instead of driving short distances
.Do some exercise on your lunch hour - swimming, dancing
Re: ~ How Obsessed Are You About Your Weight? ~ by yjay(f): 8:19am On Jan 04, 2010
mohawkchic:

~Tell me about it!! I've read it cud be very difficult to lose weight once one gets over the big 3-0. . . I certainly dont want to find out how hard it is to loose weight!!

yeah i heard when one starts to approach the big 3-0, lots of things start to happen, one fills out body wise & yes i heard it is harder to shed off excess fat,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Issue With Clomid / COVID-19 Update For October 26 2020 In Nigeria / NIMC Lagos Staff Contracts COVID-19, Office Shut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.