Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million (732 Views)

CORRUPTION: Why Tinubu And Atiku Did Not Follow PMB To The Us / Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by ayoola22: 7:14am On Oct 16, 2009
Atiku: I’m Ready to Settle My Debt
•Marwa, Anenih, Albishir deny owing banks
By Emele Onu in Lagos and Chuks Okocha, Sufuyan Ojeifo, Kunle Aderinokun and Yemi Akinsuyi in Abuja, 10.16.2009

Former Vice-President Atiku Abu-bakar yesterday expl-ained his involvement in a non-performing loan granted him by Spring Bank Plc and promised to settle the debt “soon”.
Atiku was speaking against the backdrop of yesterday’s publication by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) which listed a facility of N111,150,439 against his name.
In a statement issued by his media office in Abuja, the former Vice-President said that the account in question was an “old, dormant account” to which no attention had been drawn by his staff.
“I have since resumed talks with the bank on the issue and the matter will be resolved. We will pay the outstanding sum as soon as it is agreed upon,” he said in the statement.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=157220

If somebody is owing him 100 million will he remember or need his staff to draw his attention?

Big man
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by keyremotes(m): 8:56am On Oct 16, 2009
Even my 3 year old daughter will not believe this STUPID story.

This is the man who wants to rule Nigeria?

They have syollen so much that they cannot even tell "good" lies again.
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by spoOne: 9:30am On Oct 16, 2009
This is so typical of these guys. . . like a thief who gets caught, the first thing would be out-right denial, then memory loss. bleeping enemies of progress!
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by bibiking1(m): 9:41am On Oct 16, 2009
hey, you people should stop hitting out at the man don't you know its easy to forget!
Like yesterday i forgot that i was the President of Nigeria!!!
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by 9ijaprince(m): 9:42am On Oct 16, 2009
This is absolute rubbish. This man who wants to rule nigeria did not remember that he is owing N100 million. He should tell that to the birds.
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by deor03(m): 10:12am On Oct 16, 2009
This is enough to arrest him for corruption.

How much more Millions perhaps Billion would he have forgotten that he moved into his account

Rubbish !!!!!!
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by bibiking1(m): 10:17am On Oct 16, 2009
deor03:

This is enough to arrest him for corruption.

How much more Millions perhaps Billion would he have forgotten that he moved into his account

Rubbish !!!!!!
It skipped his mind grin grin
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by chosen04(f): 10:34am On Oct 16, 2009
bibiking1:

hey, you people should stop hitting out at the man don't you know its easy to forget!
Like yesterday i forgot that i was the President of Nigeria!!!

bibiking1:

It skipped his mind grin grin

Pro Atiku activist, U want to tell me that the Bank didnt call to remind him abt his debt without the duration.
Small pikin lie!!!
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by bibiking1(m): 10:46am On Oct 16, 2009
chosen04:

Pro Atiku activist, U want to tell me that the Bank didnt call to remind him abt his debt without the duration.
Small pikin lie!!!

actually i was being sarcastic
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by jamace(m): 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hmmm. See how rotten our leaders can be when it comes to accountability. No wonder despite the billions of Naira Nigeria makes daily from oil, nothing is on ground to show for it. Fuuucckk uppp!! angry
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by Abeem(m): 4:06am On Oct 17, 2009
It is people like Atiku who bankrupted Spring Bank. And the man is not smart at all for thinking that people will believe the story he concocted.
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by OAM4J: 4:21am On Oct 17, 2009
forget!

I wonder how many other people's debts he has not remembered to settle.

Can someone help me remind him that he is owing me millions of naira. my share of the PTDF funds. grin
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by Fhemmmy: 4:37am On Oct 17, 2009
Common guys, inasmuch as he ought to be aware of his loans and all that, a man of his caliber can easily not be aware of such, cos he ought to have people capable of handling his biz and his affairs, that will brief him to be able to make the best decision, he need to fire his reps and pay more attention to his affairs
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by OAM4J: 5:33am On Oct 17, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Common guys, inasmuch as he ought to be aware of his loans and all that, a man of his caliber can easily not be aware of such, cos he ought to have people capable of handling his biz and his affairs, that will brief him to be able to make the best decision, he need to fire his reps and pay more attention to his affairs

We are talking about 100m. Not aware? Guess someone took the loan on his behalf then?
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by Fhemmmy: 5:36am On Oct 17, 2009
OAM4J:

We are talking about 100m. Not aware? Guess someone took the loan on his behalf then?

100M to these kinda people is change and not money.
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by puskin: 5:43am On Oct 17, 2009
Why blame Atiku for 4geting he owes the bank 100M.
I say blame the bank that gave him the loan in the 1st place without collateral.
A collateral forces someone 2knw that he/she is indebted 2wateva/whoever.
Re: Atiku Did Not Know He Was Owing 100 Million by Fhemmmy: 5:45am On Oct 17, 2009
puskin:

Why blame Atiku for 4geting he owes the bank 100M.
I say blame the bank that gave him the loan in the 1st place without collateral.
A collateral forces someone 2knw that he/she is indebted 2wateva/whoever.

God bless u jare.

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua: Saudi King Grants Use Of Air Ambulance / Turai Should Be Charged With Treason, Conspiracy, Forgery & Felony / Jonathan Sacks Ministers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.