Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps (697 Views)

Obaseki Emergence True Reflectn Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says PDP Reps Member / Anenih Impunity Caused PDP Loss In Edo Says Edo PDP Leader Senator Owie / Edo Election: PDP Are Bad Losers, Says Edo APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by higherpower: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection of Wishes of Edo People, Says PDP Reps Member
October 2

Adibe Emenyonu in Benin City

Member representing Egor/Ikpoba Federal constituency of Edo state in the House of Representatives and chieftain of the PDP, Johnson Agbonayinma, has described the governorship election which threw up Mr Godwin Obaseki as governor elect as very transparent, adding that it is true reflection of the wishes of the people of the state.

Agbonayinma who stated this while congratulating Mr Obaseki who defeated his closest rival and candidate of his party, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu with 319,483 votes as against 253,173 polled by Ize-Iyamu, commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for conducting a free and fair election in the state.

According to him, “I want to congratulate both Obaseki and INEC, Obaseki deserves it because it is the obvious that the generality of the people of the state wants him and that is democracy in action. For the fact that I am a PDP man does not mean I will not commend something good. I live in America and they don’t play do or die politics.So I congratulate Obaseki and I hope he will surpass Governor Adams Oshiomhole’s record because he has a huge challenge before him now.

“And for INEC, you see most times all of us blame INEC for inconclusive elections but you can see that it is not their fault with what happened in Edo state. There was no violence in that election, no killing, people came out freely and happily to cast their votes and you saw the result. So that will tell you that if we don’t witness violence INEC will always conclude elections.

“So we have to orientate our politicians not to see politics as a do or die thing. they should emulate what happened in my state Edo so that we will not continue to rubbish INEC.This has shown that if politicians behave themselves, INEC will do their job perfectly.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/10/02/obasekis-emergence-true-reflection-of-wishes-of-edo-people-says-pdp-reps-member/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook
Re: Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by Baawaa(m): 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ize Iyamu lost that election because of evil associate called Igbinedion's family

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by easrael(f): 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
He lives in America?
Re: Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by higherpower: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
Baawaa:
Ize Iyamu lost that election because of evil associate called Igbinedion's family

But this man has spoken well. Am surprise that Pastor hasn't called Obaseki to congratulate him. There must be a question mark on his Pastorship!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by higherpower: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
easrael:
He lives in America?

He Used to live in America

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by NextGovernor(m): 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
Don't deceive people. How did you know the election was free when you were in America during the election and your mate have resume their legislative duties you are still in America? He was never in support of Ize Iyamu from day 1. He spearheaded the primary conducted by Sheriff. He is the leader of sheriff PDP in Edo.

Even international and local observers have condemned the election...

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by NextGovernor(m): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
higherpower:

But this man has spoken well. Am surprise that Pastor hasn't called Obaseki to congratulate him. There must be a question mark on his Pastorship!

That election was rigged my brother. How did someone in USA know that the election was free?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by Baawaa(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
higherpower:

Obaseki don't need his felicitations
Re: Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by ajani1978(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
Confusion
Re: Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by Jirate(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
NextGovernor:
Don't deceive people. How did you know the election was free when you were in America during the election and your mate have resume their legislative duties you are still in America? He was never in support of Ize Iyamu from day 1. He spearheaded the primary conducted by Sheriff. He is the leader of sheriff PDP in Edo.

Agbonayinma is a Disgrace. I Know he will soon Decamp or Defects back to APC since that was where he came from.
Re: Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by higherpower: 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
NextGovernor:

That election was rigged my brother. How did someone in USA know that the election was free?

May be u didn't read the whole piece. This man used to live in America, he came back, contested n won election. He is a currently representing his people under PDP in Edo State. He voted n was present in that election
Re: Obaseki’s Emergence True Reflection Of Wishes Of Edo People, Says Edo PDP Reps by higherpower: 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
NextGovernor:

It's just a normal Nigerian way of not liking a person if he say contradictory views.

(1) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About The Incoming UN Secretary General. Antonio Guterre / Osun Will Be Open Defecation Free By 2023 / Attack On Judges : Lai Mohammed Begs Newspaper Proprietors, Editors As Cjn's Rep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.