Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi (20499 Views)

Peter Obi Spotted On A Train In The UK By A Shocked Nigerian (Photos) / RECESSION: Nigeria’s Oil, Gas Reserves Running Out, NNPC Warns / Blackouts, Violence And Now Recession: Nigeria’s Troubles Mount - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by back2sender: 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
Imagine Obansajo raining animadversions on GEJ for an alleged ‘reckless’ spending, and one would think he wasn't culpable of such.

Anyway, no amount of libelous statements against GEJ can sway me, because I know and it is indelible to me that GEJ performed excellently. They attribute his success to oil price as if oil price can automatically improve the economy without good and apt economic policies in order to make optimal use of revenues. Was Nigeria the only oil producing nation when Jonathan was in power?? why was it that no other oil producing economy was able to challenge the Nigerian economy in becoming the third fastest growing economy in the world and the largest economy in africa with inflation rate at a single digit? it was clearly because of the repercussions of his apt economic policies and programmes. His policies were evaluated and rated topnotch globally by world bank and other eminent int'l and local economic institutions.

These days, the most discernible policy of the new APC government is to attack everything Jonathan. However, propaganda can only mask the truth in the short-term. It cannot destroy the truth in the medium to long-term. No matter what APC traducers say, the fact remains that Goodluck Jonathan was an exceptional president by Nigerian standards.

Babatunde Fashola, the current minister of Power, Works and Housing. At his maiden news conference, tagged grandiloquently: “Setting the Agenda for Delivering Change,” the same Fashola who spent the election campaign running down the Jonathan administration shocked his audience by revealing that, rather than embark on new road construction projects in 2016, he would only endeavour to build on Jonathan’s achievements.

Wittingly or unwittingly, Fashola gave the lie to APC propaganda that Jonathan’s years were wasted years? If Jonathan was as incompetent as the APC would have us believe, why could the party not launch its own superior nationwide road-building plan, as Buhari had promised in the heady days of the 2015 election campaign? Why rely on allegedly sub-standard PDP foundations?
We can see the performance of your saviour in Enugu_Awka Express way, Owerri_Umuahia expressway, The moribound refineries, The country empty treasury, The 35 million dollars PEJ has in her account with not service or PRODUCT that generates that kind of income, Benin Auchi Abuja road, every gate man politician is a millionaire, stealing is not corruption, using state resources to run its relection big which we rejected him, embezzlement of ARMS money for fighting insurgency, THE PREVENTABLE DEATHS OF MILITARY MEN AND WOMEN DUE TO NON PURCHASE OF ARMS TO PROSEXUTE THE WAR, STEALING OF PENSIONERS FUND, and the list of failures goes on and on.
Your hero did very well as shown above and MAY YOUR LIFE EXPERIENCE GEJ KIND OF SUCCESS THE WAY HE GOVERNED NIGERIA. no be curse ooooo naa prayer for you

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Charly68: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
Simple solution to complex economic problem. God bless Peter Obi.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by prosper(m): 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing what Ex Gov. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PeterObi?src=hash">#PeterObi</a> on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThePlatform?src=hash">#ThePlatform</a> &amp; what he achieved as Gov of Anambra State, which office will you vote him to serve today?</p>&mdash; Prosper Onogberie (@oprosper) <a href="https://twitter.com/oprosper/status/782912236243259394">October 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So I started a poll on twitter to find out what people think about Ex. Gov. Peter Obi's achievements, if they'll like him to serve them and in what capacity.
In case the embed code above doesn't work, this is a link to the poll on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/oprosper/status/782912236243259394

Vote and Enjoy!

EDIT:
Okay the embed code isn't working.
Hopefully Nairaland admins can help or if it's against your policy let me know so I can remove it.
Thanks folks.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by kolagbemi(m): 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
Imagine Obansajo raining animadversions on GEJ for an alleged ‘reckless’ spending, and one would think he wasn't culpable of such.

Anyway, no amount of libelous statements against GEJ can sway me, because I know and it is indelible to me that GEJ performed excellently. They attribute his success to oil price as if oil price can automatically improve the economy without good and apt economic policies in order to make optimal use of revenues. Was Nigeria the only oil producing nation when Jonathan was in power?? why was it that no other oil producing economy was able to challenge the Nigerian economy in becoming the third fastest growing economy in the world and the largest economy in africa with inflation rate at a single digit? it was clearly because of the repercussions of his apt economic policies and programmes. His policies were evaluated and rated topnotch globally by world bank and other eminent int'l and local economic institutions.

These days, the most discernible policy of the new APC government is to attack everything Jonathan. However, propaganda can only mask the truth in the short-term. It cannot destroy the truth in the medium to long-term. No matter what APC traducers say, the fact remains that Goodluck Jonathan was an exceptional president by Nigerian standards.

Babatunde Fashola, the current minister of Power, Works and Housing. At his maiden news conference, tagged grandiloquently: “Setting the Agenda for Delivering Change,” the same Fashola who spent the election campaign running down the Jonathan administration shocked his audience by revealing that, rather than embark on new road construction projects in 2016, he would only endeavour to build on Jonathan’s achievements.

Wittingly or unwittingly, Fashola gave the lie to APC propaganda that Jonathan’s years were wasted years? If Jonathan was as incompetent as the APC would have us believe, why could the party not launch its own superior nationwide road-building plan, as Buhari had promised in the heady days of the 2015 election campaign? Why rely on allegedly sub-standard PDP foundations?

You can see how lack of simple sentence comprehension led you to defending the Indefensible. It is about Peter Obi sir. Not about the Jesus Christ of Otuoke, history is a good judge and nothing you say will change that. You see the way you all shouting stop calling GEJ name and free him, GEJ that, GEJ this well unfortunately in 30yrs time, 50yrs time his name will still be mentioned by Nigerians, what will they say about him? History will take care of that. By the way, it was Anambra state government that Obi said was building 500m presidential lodge, not Obasanjo. Hopefully you will be able to comprehend this.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by kolagbemi(m): 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:

You can see how lack of simple sentence comprehension led you to defending the Indefensible. It is about Peter Obi sir. Not about the Jesus Christ of Otuoke, history is a good judge and nothing you say will change that. You see the way you all shouting stop calling GEJ name and free him, GEJ that, GEJ this well unfortunately in 30yrs time, 50yrs time his name will still be mentioned by Nigerians, what will they say about him? History will take care of that. By the way, it was Anambra state government that Obi said was building 500m presidential lodge, not Obasanjo. Hopefully you will be able to comprehend this.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Charly68: 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
back2sender:

We can see the performance of your saviour in Enugu_Awka Express way, Owerri_Umuahia expressway, The moribound refineries, The country empty treasury, The 35 million dollars PEJ has in her account with not service or PRODUCT that generates that kind of income, Benin Auchi Abuja road, every gate man politician is a millionaire, stealing is not corruption, using state resources to run its relection big which we rejected him, embezzlement of ARMS money for fighting insurgency, THE PREVENTABLE DEATHS OF MILITARY MEN AND WOMEN DUE TO NON PURCHASE OF ARMS TO PROSEXUTE THE WAR, STEALING OF PENSIONERS FUND, and the list of failures goes on and on.
Your hero did very well as shown above and MAY YOUR LIFE EXPERIENCE GEJ KIND OF SUCCESS THE WAY HE GOVERNED NIGERIA. no be curse ooooo naa prayer for you
God bless you for this sir. Let us be praying this kind of prayer for them. People who are deaf to reasoning & blind to the realities of life. They know the truth but delight in falsehood

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by tiwiex(m): 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
Standing5:
Any clueless buffon can perform 10 times what Jonathan did if given similar resources. Jonathan can only rack up those bloated projects because the funding at federal level that helps him hide the dirty details. What did the man do in Bayelsa?

Hindsight they say is 20-20. Imagine IG Buhari was in charge 8 years ago and we are worse off now? No one knows because he was not. He is in charge now but all we hear is oil prices. Who knows if another person would have handled things better. These guys made too many mistakes too quickly. I mean PMB and d gang. I strongly believe d economy shouldn't be dis bad. A lot of bad policy decisions have been taken.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by shellman: 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
Lame! it took the super clueless certificateless cattle rearer 16 months to conduct a successful rigging conclusive election and 6 months in appointing unmerited ministers who colluded with him in formulating inordinate policies and rash decisions that ruined the economy. Just like failing to fulfil his economic promises, he has also failed in fulfilling social promises like visiting the Chibok community, or should we blame GEJ for that too??.

You asked what he did for Bayelsa as if he was the president of republic of Bayelsa, did the economic stability, good standard of living not affect Bayelsa?? If he solely focused on Bayelsa, same people like you will open you mouths to chant marginalisation.
Since he got commendations, based on his performance , from you, what can you say about unprecedented looting spree under his watch with treasury open to all manners of crooks including oil marketers collecting subsidies without supplies?

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Orikinla(m): 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
Dr. Peter Obi is number 1 on my top 3 Igbo leaders who can become one of the best Presidents of Nigeria.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by LastProphet: 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
Fyno:
one of the demerits of a faceless and unregulated forum. Even kids that should be playing will rush to comment on treads they know nothing about.
Go and study more young man

if u really beliv your hopeless lies then sorry for your generation
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by shellman: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Imagine the sentence construction of a Z calling GEJ a buffoon
So a weakling in the person of Jonathanis your hero?
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by ba7man(m): 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
www.nairaland.com/2264670/how-peter-obi-collected-n27billion

This Peter Obi is a snake....... he should explain this first.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by shellman: 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
Orikinla:
Dr. Peter Obi is number 1 on my top 3 Igbo leaders who can become one of the best Presidents of Nigeria.
Frankly speaking, as a Yoruba man, I believe this Peter Obi is the best thing ever happened to Nigeria instead of wasting time on Jonathan whose period is a curse to Nigeria!
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by vislabraye(m): 1:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
even with too much money in his disposer disposal, the ineffectual buffoon could not pay salaries and contractors, so which work or project did he do in 6yrs, with too much oil money, he stil waste wasted our foreign reserve, so what did he use the money, only abuja-kaduna railway he could not commission

You call someone an ineffectual buffoon but you can't even construct a simple sentence without grammatical bullets. I just had to take cover.
Before you begin attacking people better than you, look inward. With this bad expression, I wonder the schools that produced you.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Coraje(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
The sad thing is people reading this are blinded by casting of blames on either Jonathan or Buhari. They won't open their eyes and see that regardless of which party is involved, the political class hasn't stopped lavishing the nations resources. Hey people lets drop this "zombies" and "wailers" syndrome and lets address this wasteful spending of resources by the politicians before everything totally crumbles.

They waste the country's resources hereby causing this recession and guess what- they don't feel any pain or hardship. It is you and I that keep arguing and casting blames that are been robbed and left to suffer.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by Xano(m): 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by yahmohy27: 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:

Kai ,you talk too much o
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by kaybee09(m): 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
nobeku:
Jonathan performed excellently well,in your bat eyes, when he distributed 15Billion dollars of our nations wealth supposed to use to prosecute a war,for electioneering?NOI was borrowing to pay salaries as of April 2014...same stuff Buhari is trying to solve by the Bailouts he has been giving states...Our Nation Oil JV/ LNG was owed 7Billion dollars and Jona quietly ignored calls to service our own part of the counterpart funding,yet Jona performed ezellently well..69Billion dollars FLEECED or misappropriated in 5 and half years and he did well...The UN report on the Niger delta was PURPOSELY NOT carried out,the Niger bridge was NEVER built, it was NOT even in de budget of 2015 presented by NOI...Book Haram kept sacking military barracks and over 22,000 Nigerians died for no reason and you day Jonathan did EXELLENTLY WELL..Are you Wicked or are you WICKED
. I hail u sir. A very good question
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by koboko69: 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
Do you even no what foreign reserves means? can a president just reduce the foreign reserves? Just go and give that phone to you dad/mum and stop disgracing yourself.

The way u dance about unclad on every thread disgracing and deceiving only ur own self is amazing. cheesy
Most time u read just the headlines and even when u read the article,comprehension becomes a problem. Onr can see that from ur needless attack on Obj. Ur previous comment about the 40mil toilets.
You must justify ur peanuts in this recession.the main article itself had nothing to do with GEJ, but u choae to write an epilstle of garbage for thr Likes u show ur paymasters as evidence of folly displayed on NL. Keep up with ur dundee work, ur likes are dwindling cheesy

Take a chill pill, lunancy is gradually setting in...
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by ceecee02: 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
Kingsley1000:
our anambra money u looted building malls in abuja,south Africa and Europe nko.....

and building substandard roads...efcc arrest him

Go to imo state and Abia state and make a comparison and remember Imo and Abia are oil producing states.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by tola268: 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/02/recession-nigeria-huge-money-leaders-wasteful-peter-obi/
True, lmagine a governor in West that owe workers and retirees 9months salary, he built building of a secondary school for #1.5bn. The population of the students in that school did not cover the old building in the school b4 new one. Is that not wastage, embezzlement and wickedness to salary earners?
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by ihedioramma: 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2016
This man is trying to to like fayose o . why not tell GEJ this the time they are in power? this man want's a post .
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by ihedioramma: 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
This man is trying to talk like fayose o . why not tell GEJ this the time they are in power? this man want's a post .
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by classicsamuel(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
Standing5:
Any clueless buffon can perform 10 times what Jonathan did if given similar resources. Jonathan can only rack up those bloated projects because the funding at federal level that helps him hide the dirty details. What did the man do in Bayelsa?

was he the gov of bayelsa?
was the governor not collecting allowance from federal govt?
is bayelsa the only state in nigeria that needed the jona' at that time?
think with ur brain not yansh
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by TijaniAbu: 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
Peter Obi should first sell the entire road of houses he bought in north London and repatriate the money back to government coffers. Then he should return the n2 billion per year that he in his office as governor diverted to his wife Margaret Peter Obi. After that he can talk. Efcc and Reno Omokri take note.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by enekeA1(f): 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
Please tell them oooo since everybody is afraid to air it out
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by opribo(m): 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
AN ANALOG GENERATION LEADING A DIGITAL GENERATION. IT IS A RECIPE FOR DISASTER. PEOPLE WHO CANNOT UNDERSTAND 21ST CENTURY TECHNOGICAL TREND AND MOVE WITH THE SAME SPEED. FOR THEM WINNING AN ELECTION IS STILL A TICKET TO AMASS WEALTH ILLEGALLY.
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by wink2015(m): 5:22am On Oct 04, 2016
[size=13pt][b]Majority of the governors and local government chairman in Nigeria are corrupt that is why they can not save money. They do not build infrastructure and they do not save money.

Take for example, governor Lucky Igbenedion of Edo state. For the 8 years this man ruled Edo state, he did not build any major government infrastructure for the good people of Edo state. Rather he spent the 8 years of his career as a governor diverting the commonwealth of Edo states to his own private account, fathers businesses and his political cronies.

His father, Chief Gabriel Osawaru Igbenedion who was heavily indebted and financially bankrupt and bank wrecked as at the time Lucky his son became governor was brought to the limelight as his son used Edo state share of the money coming from the federation account to feather the nest of his broke father.

Oil was selling for a minimum of $100 per a barrel but it was not reflecting on the lives of the good people of Edo state as Lucky Igbenedion was diverting the money to his fathers personal account and the states was dying from the effect of such an act.

There was no good road, all the road that was built by the previous government before Lucky came in to be governor became so bad as Lucky was involve in blind looting of Edo states money.

It was only when governor Adams Oshiomole became governor the state saw the light, and there is evidence of progress in the state as the governor made sure infrastructure is put in place.

If Oshiomole had the kind of opportunity Lucky Igbenedion had while in governor where oil price sky-rocketed to an unprecedented height Edo state would have developed more than what we are seeing today.

So I quite agree with what former governor Peter Obi is saying where he blame governors for frivolous spending. But I think corruption is at the bane of our problem in Nigeria. Our leaders are damn too corrupt. They so much cherished to be corrupt than to leave a good name or good legacy behind their records.

If Africa is to be reckon with our political class must shorn corruption and wastefulness.

Look at the Libya for example, despite the fact that the Late Muammar Ghaddafi was a dictator who ruled Libya for over 40 years. That man was a shiny example of development in Africa as he was not corrupt. He built the infrastructure of Libya and Libyan were enjoying so much until the Arab spring came up which swept Ghaddafi away. Ghaddafi 's government brought in massive infrasture and development in Libya that the Libya people never saw suffering. The only thing Ghaddafi took away from Libyan was their political freedom. But Ghaddafi was a shiny example of Africa success.

It was even the western countries particularly Britain and the United states that brainwashed some group of Libya to carry the Arab spring to Libya so that they can become more relevant. But what is the situation in Libya today, there is no peace in the Land especially after the death of Ghaddafi.
[/b][/size]

Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by POYINKOR(m): 7:35am On Oct 08, 2016
A lean government is the answer
Re: Recession: Nigeria Has Huge Money, Leaders Are Wasteful – Peter Obi by APCmyheart(m): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2016
blueto:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/goodluck-jonathan-was-an-exceptional-president/

continue deceiving wailers like yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

270million Used To Clear Grass At The IDP Camp By Lawal: Reps Probes Allegations / NASS Leadership Contest: Deviants Will Pay For Their Sins -oshiomhole / President Buhari Mourns Idriss Deby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.