Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Web Project Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Project Review (641 Views)

Web Programmers Needed Urgently For A Web Project. / Need A Web Designer/programmer For A Web Project / New Web Project Requires A Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Project Review by Afam(m): 9:59am On Oct 16, 2009
Hello,

Suggestions, comments and criticisms required for a new project.

However, let me state before hand that while I appreciate your feedback or criticisms I must not agree with them so do not start any insult as insults will be responded to in kind as they come.

The website address is www.ijann.com

Content is not up to date but I believe the structure and features implemented are working ok, may be wrong with this.

The contact us page on the website allows anyone to post feedback be it suggestion, question or bug so feel free to use it if you don't want to post anything here.

Many thanks for your time.

NB: Web project may be sold to anyone or group of people that will have the time to manage the website as I doubt if I can handle that.
Re: Web Project Review by OmniPotens(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2009
You sure just don't want any troubles. Well, hang on for them to get ready to shoot at you. I'll remain silent and let the early birds pick up the worms on the ground lipsrsealed
Re: Web Project Review by timmy(m): 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Afam, this day and age, you still design so poorly, GEEZZ!!! undecided
Re: Web Project Review by Afam(m): 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2009
timmy:

@Afam, this day and age, you still design so poorly, GEEZZ!!! undecided

I thought you ventured into real estate as web projects refused to come your way? Welcome back. Hope you learnt a thing or two else you will run away again.
Re: Web Project Review by kolitos007: 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Afam

I like you, but am worried about this thing you have posted, having had a quick look, I noticed alot of 3rd party css and js on this site, the plus side, the structure and layout is neat and clean.

Downside is that it looks too generic, just like some other sites, which i think you have been involved in like justalternativepower.com and justwebservices.com

It would be nice if you can have something new and fresh, just my views to be honest.
Re: Web Project Review by Afam(m): 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2009
kolitos007:

@Afam

I like you, but am worried about this thing you have posted, having had a quick look, I noticed alot of 3rd party css and js on this site, the plus side, the structure and layout is neat and clean.

Downside is that it looks too generic, just like some other sites, which i think you have been involved in like justalternativepower.com and justwebservices.com

It would be nice if you can have something new and fresh, just my views to be honest.

Thanks. I agree that's a tough one though. Once the structure and functionality is stable enough I may look for a good designer to work on the front end. For now the usefulness of the website is what I am really bothered about.

But at least dis one na 3 columns so e still different from the sites you referenced. Thanks any way for your honest feedback.

The css and js that are not written from scratch all belong to the same development platform, they are not gotten from any 3rd party sha.

Enjoy the weekend.
Re: Web Project Review by kolitos007: 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Afam
Fair point, I used to be like that, and say to my clients its all about the functionality, but the sad thing is your clients have no idea about what function is, so they just look at the design. I am not a designer myself and I used to do so, but now I realised that its not the way for me so I work with a designer now.

Its very hard to be a developer and a designer at the same time, as your views are strongly based on functionality than the look and feel of the website.

This is the sad thing as that's all users see, I built a site once that is really full of functionality, but the first thing i was told is that it lacked creativity, and that kind of hurts if you know what I mean. There is nothing wrong with using web templates as long as you can tweak around and make it look unique to you, I noticed on this forum, people are quick to jump at you when you use a template, how ever, they don't think about the cost effectiveness of that.

My advice again to you is for you to concentrate on what you are good at, and if its the case pay someone to deal with the design for you, yeah its taken out of your pocket, but at the long run it will benefit you because it will let you get more clients, keep doing what you are doing mate, and don't let the foul mouthed people make you think any less. Well done.

(1) (Reply)

Professional Wedding Photographer Covering Wedding And Events: / Please What Is Wrong With This Pop3 Code? / New Year Plans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.