Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed (1095 Views)

Crack In Ekiti Assembly As Suspended Member Decamps To APC / Ali Ndume: From Senate Leader To Ordinary Member To Suspended Member. / Imo Legislative Match: Okorocha Is Goalkeeper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by prayNaija: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
#JibrinHouseRepRevelations
Season 1

HOW WE SHARED NIGERIA MONEY BY HON. ABDULMUMIN JUBRIN

"I got N650 million as my running cost as the Chairman of Appropriation Committee.
■Speaker Yakubu Dogara got N1.5 billion,
■His Deputy Yusuf Lasun got N800 million.
■House Majority Leader Femi Gbajabiamila got N1.2 billion,
■Deputy Majorty Leader Buba Jibrin got N1.2 billion.
■House Whip Alhassan Ado Doguwa got N1.2 billion,
■Deputy House Whip got N700 million.
■House Minority Leader Leo Ogor got N1.2 billion,
■Deputy Minority Leader Onyema got N800 million.
■Minority Whip got N700 million,
■Deputy Minority Whip got N700 million.
I have documents to back up all these."

TO ALL HONOURABLE MEMBERS
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
ABUJA

My dear Colleagues,

BURDEN OF PROOF OF EVIDENCE: RUNNING COST OF HONOURABLE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

I wish to draw your attention to the fact that since you suspended me yesterday and the suggestion of the Ethics Committee report that my allegations were generalized and without proof, I have come under intense public scrutiny and pressure to prove that there exists systemic corruption in the House. I have taken it as a responsibility to prove to the public that the House is a den of systemic corruption. As colleagues, I have bound with many of you and built a life long friendship.

I have some of you that I hold in high esteem. If you end up at the receiving end of the actions I will be taking up in the next few days, I want you to know there is nothing personal but commitment and fervent desire to ensure that corruption is wiped out of the House and reforms that will restore the battered image of the House and take back the House to the Nigerian people is implemented.

Consequent upon the above and before I proceed with the aggressive steps I intend to take, I hereby DEMAND that if you have illegally taken or stolen any money meant for the RUNNING COST OF YOUR OFFICES FOR YOUR ENTIRE STAY IN THE HOUSE, YOU SHOULD RETURN THE MONEY WITHIN ONE WEEK TO THE CLERK OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY AND FOR THE PURPOSE OF CLARITY, I AM REFERRING TO ABOUT 10MILLION NAIRA YOU COLLECT FROM TAX PAYERS' MONEY MONTHLY. THE CLERK WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH OFFICIAL ACCOUNT DETAILS, FAILURE OF WHICH I WILL TAKE NECESSARY ACTION TO ENSURE THAT YOU RETURN ANY MONEY STOLEN AND STAND WITNESS AGAINST YOU IN CASE OF PROSECUTION.

I have written to the Clerk of the National Assembly to stand by in anticipation. In the face of the revenue challenges and biting hardship the country is currently facing, there is no better time the country needs such money than now.

In the case of the Presiding and Principal Officers, in addition to my demand in this letter which applies to them too, I have written them yesterday and gave them 72 hours ULTIMATUM to make public the total amount they have received as running cost in their entire stay in the House, failure of which I will proceed with necessary legal action to compel them to make the total amount each of them have received public.
There are other issues of monumental corruption in the House that I will be raising in the following weeks which we must all deal with, but first lets get done with this one.

Thank you.
God bless.

Hon Abdulmumin Jibrin PhD MBA
APC-Kano
Kiru-Bebeji Federal Constituency
Kano
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by alegbeleye(m): 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
Chai.. Dia is God ooooo. All this money u people are sharing. But op source.
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by DOOSNAS(m): 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
Tomorrow one fool will come say Nigeria is broke..

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by madridguy(m): 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
No wonder they were fighting for juicy position back then. Bunch of rogues.
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
grin grin
This my guy sef
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by Chanchit: 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
Dogara picked on the wrong guy.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by HHANDM: 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
YEEPARIPA.... shocked

Hundreds of millions allocated to individuals for what....dafuq....Geez
Can this be the trend since 1999?

Chai....Wither hope for naija with these crops of lawmakers / politicians that keeps making our democracy seems a big joke
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by sarrki(m): 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
Nigerian should wake up

Especially the youth

This Guys have already toyed with the life of majority of us

The sad thing is when we allow them to toy with the life of our generation on born

I rest my case for now
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by sarrki(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
Op Pls drop the link

ASAP
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by obailala(m): 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
That place called NASS should be nuked.
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by Izonpikin: 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
obailala:
That place called NASS should be nuked.
when buharis said he wants to fight corruption I laughed...how would buhari deal with senators and governors??...without a restructuring of some sort we are only decieving ourselves... cheesy

Please obailala tell me how buhari wants to fight this kind of corruption??..

Where is magu with his oily gorimakpa?where is the efcc??
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by Izonpikin: 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
sarrki:
Nigerian should wake up

Especially the youth

This Guys have already toyed with the life of majority of us

The sad thing is when we allow them to toy with the life of our generation on born

I rest my case for now
grin

I still wonder why Nigerians vote...??.just why...

The masses should go on strike and rather lynch our idioticcc leaders...
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by sarrki(m): 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
Izonpikin:
grin

I still wonder why Nigerians vote...??.just why...

The masses should go on strike and rather lynch our idioticcc leaders...

My brother I concur
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by Izonpikin: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
sarrki:

My brother I concur
finally we agree.. cheesy

See...

We keep voting even when we know our leaders will punish us and steal...so why vote?..see I root for violence and a rebellious approach...Our leaders are a cancer to us...

Just tell me how buhari can fight the Senate ??

Even buhari Don tire.. grin
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by Ken4Christ: 10:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
I have always told people that care to listen that Nigeria is not broke. Fighting corruption in Nigeria is like chasing shadows. A corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruits.
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by mars123(m): 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
Buhari should use his sense and embark on a massive reduction in cost of governance. The budget they are contemplating sale of national assets to fund for example is full of inflated figures. All monies ending in a few pockets instead of the desired effect.

Americans, Europeans and the rest of the developed world are not saints, they just don't have access to play with public funds because the procurement process over there is evidence of a society that wants to keep growing.

Meanwhile we have a NASS with members who can hardly recite the national anthem sharing the national wealth leaving behind talent that abounds in the country to rotten away in a failed system.

Is this fair to you and I?
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by obailala(m): 10:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
Izonpikin:
when buharis said he wants to fight corruption I laughed...how would buhari deal with senators and governors??...without a restructuring of some sort we are only decieving ourselves... cheesy

Please obailala tell me how buhari wants to fight this kind of corruption??..

Where is magu with his oily gorimakpa?where is the efcc??

My brother, the NASS is one monster that cannot be touched. The only way to cleanse the NASS is by mob action.
Re: Corruption In The Legislative House - Suspended Member Revealed by HtwoOw: 6:44am On Oct 04, 2016
Revelation chapter 2

(1) (Reply)

Rattled By Boko Haram’s Resurgence, DHQ Considers Recall Of S’african Mercenarie / FG Finaly Has Stop Wheat Importation To Nigeria / Anambra Signs MOU On Bonded Container Freight Terminal @ Ozubulu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.