Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? (12573 Views)

10 Things That Can Make Your Car Look More Beautiful / How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake / See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by consultancy: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
my acura mdx 2005 gives me between 11-12mpg city driving. engine check light on though. high way from lagos to the east gave me 21mpg initially at the beginin of the journey, and later reduced to 17mpg
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by NemzySeries(m): 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
pls awz dis mpg checked.....bin driving 4 sum yrs but ignorant abt dis mpg stuff....i'll appreciate any form of enlightenment frm any1..fanks
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by oNj(m): 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2016
fanex:
i am guessing this mpg is not on the Nigerian road...

It is bro .
No aggressive driving.

My best mileage comes between 80 - 100km/h
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by Shagati(m): 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
andre82:
Congrats on the CLS bro. Did you wel the Infiniti? V8 na bomb oooo. Still have orgasm on a 1998 grand Cherokee jeep 5.9 v8. I'm not sure MB engine will have close a grunt like the Cherokee. It'll be silent I suppose.

Thanks Bro!
Yes the G35 went to a new home.

The CLS is not too loud. just a feeble rolling grunt

People on this thread are just quoting manufacturer's figures.
The idea was to highlight what the car's onboard computer is showing or actual measurement of litres and kilometers on a full tank of fuel.

I use the aCar android app to track my fuelling

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by uboma(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
Shagati:

Thanks Bro!

The idea was to highlight what the car's onboard computer is showing or actual measurement of litres and kilometers on a full tank of fuel.

mine is factual.

19.7-19.9mpg

still looking for ways to improve on it.

Looking forward to my next engine oil change....
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by uboma(m): 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
kingreign:
City driving
thanks for sharing yours.
can your car do better than the current 18.6mpg as displayed?
what is the reading when you are on the highway?
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2016
2009 S63 AMG 19mpg combined, 1999 S320 26mpg highway (use it for long distance travel)
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by kingreign(m): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
uboma:

thanks for sharing yours.

can your car do better than the current 18.6mpg as displayed?

what is the reading when you are on the highway?
The picture I posted was my mileage today. Real actual mileage of my SUV is just about that amount or minus 1MPG
Mine actually hovers between 17-19 city driving which is its actual driving mileage recently. I've not taken it on long highway stretches apart from a journey which I did to Kaduna and back (heavy leaded foot wont allow the SUV to achieve that mileage. I've once achieved 11MPG due to my former driving style. Na 'Chanji' make me repent cheesy
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by uboma(m): 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
kingreign:

The picture I posted was my mileage today. Real actual mileage of my SUV is just about that amount or minus 1MPG
Mine actually hovers between 17-19 city driving which is its actual driving mileage recently. I've not taken it on long highway stretches apart from a journey which I did to Kaduna and back (heavy leaded foot wont allow the SUV to achieve that mileage. I've once achieved 11MPG due to my former driving style. Na 'Chanji' make me repent cheesy

lol.

Noted!
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by keside(m): 11:33pm On Oct 06, 2016
My bmw 2003 316i manual transmission gives 7.1L/100km combined
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by paix(m): 10:21am On Oct 07, 2016
kingreign:

What type of engine? Is it 2ZR 1.8l engine or 2.0l engine? Do you have a Check Engine Illuminated on your dash?
It's a 2ZR 1.8l engine, and no Check Engine illuminated. Why did you ask?
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by MSItachi: 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
Mine V6. 07 Accord

About 17 MPG. City. Highway 37

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by iyisco2001(m): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
I get 22mpg city and 29mpg highway.
Honda civic 2004
All thanks to gazzuzz.

ucsparks:
I just dey jealous una, just wish i own a car embarassed
Buh am definitely sure of owning a nice ride before 26 tho..... Doubling my HUSTLE!!!!
It's possible G, I owned my first ride before 25.
God will answer your prayers.
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
iyisco2001:
It's possible G, I owned my first ride before 25.
God will answer your prayers.
baba bless me na,, show your boy the way embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by 9icetoo(m): 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi. this was with lots of short distance driving. often less than 6 km a day.
longer city trips of about 15km on weekends.
does better (5l/100km) on highways crushing at 90-100km an hour. pardon the picture quality. that is actually 6.6 l/100km

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by fabiomatic(m): 8:50am On Oct 10, 2016
NemzySeries:
pls awz dis mpg checked.....bin driving 4 sum yrs but ignorant abt dis mpg stuff....i'll appreciate any form of enlightenment frm any1..fanks
MPG means Miles Per Gallon .. some cars have it displayed on the dashboard while some have to connect and ECU device to get their MPG rate. So it depends on your car model.
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by nairamaniac: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
Shagati:

Thanks Bro!

Pls how do you use a car android app to track fueling?

Or how do u use obd2 to track fueling?
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by nairamaniac: 6:29am On Sep 02, 2021
Shagati:

Thanks Bro!

Please how are you guys tracking this fuel thingy?
By car's onboard computer, I believe you mean OBD2? If Yes, please how do u use the OBD2 to track the mpg?

Also, what is the aCar android app all about?

Please would appreciate your response.

Thanks

Cc kingreign,
Uboma
Nurey
Noticed you guys were also once active on this thread.
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by Peterlove11: 9:11am On Sep 02, 2021
KingRex1:
2015 Honda pilot
hwy 29 city 21.. Not mine tho

Wow...... that's amazing for a pilot
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by nurey(m): 11:21am On Sep 02, 2021
nairamaniac:

Please how are you guys tracking this fuel thingy?
By car's onboard computer, I believe you mean OBD2? If Yes, please how do u use the OBD2 to track the mpg?

Also, what is the aCar android app all about?

Please
Noticed you guys were also once active on this thread.

Car onboard computer are the Nav screen, embedded in it is an mpg calculator that is controlled by the ECU. It isnt limited to only cars with Nav screen, I have seen such in a Mazda 626 wagon 2000 model with one small screen by the radio side.

Acar android app uses what you already have on your odometer. By full tank and measure its quantity as X litres, then reset the trip A or B to zero, drive till your reserve light comes on, pick the distance as Y kms. Then calculate how many Ykms your X litres of fuel gives you and you have A kms per B litres of fuel

Eg my accent is 40L full tank and I was able to cover 400km to reserve tank. Means my accent consumes around 8 to 10L per 100km journey
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by nairamaniac: 8:00am On Sep 03, 2021
nurey:

Car onboard computer are the Nav screen, embedded in it is an mpg calculator that is controlled by the ECU. It isnt limited to only cars with Nav screen, I have seen such in a Mazda 626 wagon 2000 model with one small screen by the radio side.

Acar android app uses what you already have on your odometer. By full tank and measure its quantity as X litres, then reset the trip A or B to zero, drive till your reserve light comes on, pick the distance as Y kms. Then calculate how many Ykms your X litres of fuel gives you and you have A kms per B litres of fuel

Eg my accent is 40L full tank and I was able to cover 400km to reserve tank. Means my accent consumes around 8 to 10L per 100km journey

Wow!

Thanks for the response and enlightenment.

Was really helpful
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by dasanchez1(m): 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
nurey:

Please what's your take on Hyundai Elantra 2008 model as a first car user?
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by nurey(m): 10:21am On Sep 07, 2021
dasanchez1:
Please what's your take on Hyundai Elantra 2008 model as a first car user?

Buy good and reliable vehicle to own

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by olumzzz(m): 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lexus es330.
14.1 mpg city and 34 mpg highway.
40mpg if i use cruise control.
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by dasanchez1(m): 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
nurey:

Buy good and reliable vehicle to own
Thanks
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by Ochiske(m): 10:33am On Nov 05, 2021
How do you guys attain this high MPG? Cos mine is 11mpg

IS350
No CEL
Everything runs smoothly
Used to be 15 MPG until I drove down to Calabar. It’s been hovering between 10.9mpg and 11 MPG since I got to Calabar
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by Cumtroller: 10:46am On Nov 05, 2021
32mpg. 2011 corolla..

Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by homeboy205: 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ochiske:
How do you guys attain this high MPG? Cos mine is 11mpg

IS350
No CEL
Everything runs smoothly
Used to be 15 MPG until I drove down to Calabar. It’s been hovering between 10.9mpg and 11 MPG since I got to Calabar

When I just got my Lexus recently, i noticed it doing 9.1 city drive and 12.1 on highway.

When I investigated my self, it happens that I had a back exhaust leak, and 3 of my caliper is sticking…

After fixing I got 17 mpg on my next highway drive…

I haven’t taken it out again on a long journey but now I get 15mpg within city drive. I have not done any servicing to the car so far
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by Ochiske(m): 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2021
homeboy205:

When I just got my Lexus recently, i noticed it doing 9.1 city drive and 12.1 on highway.

When I investigated my self, it happens that I had a back exhaust leak, and 3 of my caliper is sticking…

After fixing I got 17 mpg on my next highway drive…

I haven’t taken it out again on a long journey but now I get 15mpg within city drive. I have not done any servicing to the car so far

I’ll do this exhaust check. Cos my Exhaust system is direct straight-pipes. I’m not sure about leak but I’ll check it out tomorrow
Re: What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? by Cokahot: 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mine is on 7mpg,while I land on tarred roads turbo and break a lil it jumps to 18mpg for like 30mins then drops back to 7mpg. I got 5litres,I turbo to 100 in just 9wecs a d gbam 1 bar dropped. I suspect my exhaust is leaking cos I missed a spot and my back landed on top of stone,due to bad road. But my 7mpg be like say my exhaust dey leak. Will enter mechanic side tmrw. Early motor 10am tins.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best 20W50 Engine Oil / Pls Who Has Successfully Bought Car From Custom Office B4 / Who Said Honda Has A Wheel Problem (photo)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.