Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

The Eye Catching Statement Of Ex Gov Peter Of Anambra State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Eye Catching Statement Of Ex Gov Peter Of Anambra State. (832 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu At APGA Campaign Ahead Of Anambra Election (Photos) / Dino Melaye's ABU Statement Of Results (Photo) / Adeboye Lays Hands On Olunloyo, As Ex-Gov. Apologizes For Daughter's Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Eye Catching Statement Of Ex Gov Peter Of Anambra State. by Byko899(m): 9:01am On Oct 03, 2016
Gov Peter Obi quotes that set the internet on fire...

"To you young people, Take Back your Country...it is your future they are toying with". - Peter Obi

"I reduced my convoy to 5 vehicles and you cannot buy fuel unless I am in the car".- Peter Obi

"If I sleep in a hotel and have to pay N250k a night, I will be awake all night...feeling like I was robbed". - Peter Obi

"You know there are many big men in Anambra state, so when they want to see me, I say to them I will come to you instead".- Peter Obi

"We handed schools back to Churches and by 2013, we were number one in WAEC."- Peter Obi

"I beg you to participate more in politics, the society we help them abuse today will take its revenge tomorrow".- Peter Obi

"The only way out of recession is to spend for growth. You can only spend for growth either from savings or from borrowing.
The question is: what are you borrowing for?
Are you borrowing for consumption or for production?
When you borrow for consumption, you are heading for disaster."

-- Peter Obi.

" I had to stop the Presidential lodge in Anambra... A project awarded at 400million. I had to close down state house in lagos and Abuja... Because I felt we dont need it.... Even when other states had."

" They said President Obasanjo is coming... I went to borrow the kind of cars they wanted... Instead of spending millions... From a neigbouring state."

"I requested Obasanjo to spend the nights in my lodge Since they said he must sleep over... I asked my wife to pack out of my bedroom... We went opposite to lodge in a hotel (name mentioned) for the week, we paid N30,000 instead of N100,000."

"I used the 150million for 2 bullet proof cars to buy almost 50 Peugeot cars at 3 million each.. gave 17 to JUDGES and 18 to permanent Secretaries (because i discovered they did not have cars) and kept 10 for govt house... which I used as Governor... I did not use bullet proof cars as Governor."

"They said we should attend world Igbo Congress in U. S.... That the budget WAS cut from 40 to 32million.... I asked them why... That only one person should go and come and tell us what was discussed."

"Instead of paying 30,000 for each security personnel (about 30) per night in Abuja, I told IG to give me Police whenever am in Abuja....I travel alone... Ppl complained.... The 15 drivers lodged in Abuja state house...who come to airport to cause confusion, i asked to go, kept only 3. The others to go back to Akwa or look for job... I asked the cook to go back to Akwa instead of giving him 30,000 per plate."

"When Governors lodge and Govt house was burnt before I came... With budget of 400million and 300 million, I repaired them for 42 million and 80million respectively. They wanted to impeach me that I did not spend by due process... Following the awarded Contracts and contractor.... I saw a table.. That my predecessor used, they said its old... I asked them to renovate it... That all i needed was a table to write as Governor... "

" So so so I was able to save money and made sure that ANAMBRA HAS THE BEST ROAD NETWORK THAN ANY OTHER STATE IN NIGERIA....."

PETER OBI....WORDS ON MARBLE! "

Copied

1 Like

Re: The Eye Catching Statement Of Ex Gov Peter Of Anambra State. by raker300: 9:08am On Oct 03, 2016
Imagine if igbos were president?

London will be Childs play to us by now

2 Likes

Re: The Eye Catching Statement Of Ex Gov Peter Of Anambra State. by Byko899(m): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2016
this is the blue print of what Nigeria wanted APC to do or the kind of government we where hoping APC will run, instead of doing this,they are copying PDP,what a regret!!!!!!, look at Kogi state governor , as poor as Kogi,the governor is buying a car of 150 million naira ,worst still was that APC forced it on the Kogi people and they have to bear this burden for 8 years since APC has restarted rigging when PDP was ending it,am not from Kogi state,I served there when all this was happening so I understand their pain,if you see any man from kigi state you have to pity for him.

I heard APC government has borrowed 2.2 trillion naira in just two years,my question is where is this money now,as far as I know,I do not know of any APC government project that will be commissioned in the next two or three years,if you know of any pleas remind me,does this government think they have 20 years to stay, you are complaining you meet nothing on ground ,do you also want to leave nothing on ground? what have you started that you hoped previous government should have done?,we all agree PDP did nothing,but this government has failed to start anything.

I am suspecting that this APC government is trying to settle all those that contributed to putting them in power, yes this is what ordinary nigeria do not understand, am saying this because I think our president who we trusted so much is now helpless and hopeless.
I have to explain on this point, to help put someone to power is a highly lucrative business world all over and Nigerian situation is not different, most Nigerians only tend to look inward when issue of power is mentioned but I think it cut across globe,for example America helped mummadu ghadaffi to power at the age of just 27,and he paid them back with so many favours at the detriment of lybian people,when he started renegading he was killed,many military coups around the world are externally sponsored,many Nigerian military coups where organised and sponsored from outside, the most recent one is that of Turkey, is an eye opener to see the kind of forces that are involve in taking over power,even foreign students. and if the coup was a success ,all the solders ,civil servants,army,foreign missions, foreign establishments that was involve must be settled first before the government can start working

pleas do not mind my long write up,am just wondering how this government I contributed to its success is failing,am very confused that am thinking outside the box right now.

Is this government settling all the actors that helped them to power while we are dying? I need contributions!!!
Re: The Eye Catching Statement Of Ex Gov Peter Of Anambra State. by khristal87(m): 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nigerian politicians with brilliant ideas only on paper..... Giv them power d reverse s d case..... If wt dis ex governor said is true hw come nobody knew abt it until he jst mentioned it himself
Re: The Eye Catching Statement Of Ex Gov Peter Of Anambra State. by nnamdiadom: 2:36am On Jan 11, 2018
Are u dumb? He actually did this when he was a president
Re: The Eye Catching Statement Of Ex Gov Peter Of Anambra State. by Jlow2: 4:33am On Jan 11, 2018
khristal87:
Nigerian politicians with brilliant ideas only on paper..... Giv them power d reverse s d case..... If wt dis ex governor said is true hw come nobody knew abt it until he jst mentioned it himself
for real he did,because dis man saved 70billion for ananbra state

(1) (Reply)

Serious Protest In Fed Min Of Power Works And Housing Headquarters Abuja / FORGERY: Why Nigerian Govt Withdrew Criminal Charges Against Saraki, Ekweremadu / Late Justice Oputa On Corrupt Judiciary - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.