Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime (1113 Views)

10 Pictures Guys Without Beard Can Relate To / Thirsty King Cobra Is Given Water From A Bottle In India Village(photos). / Road Leading To DIEZANNI'S Village After 6yrs As Min. Of Petroleum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 11:31am On Oct 03, 2016
No matter where you find yourself, there comes
that moment where you have to go to your roots
for the first time after leaving. This journey
mostly is full of excitement since one is eager to
see family and old friends. It could also be a
moment of a reality check when one realises the changes that have taken place after all the years. This reunion brings joy and happiness to both
sides when it finally happens.

1. You ask For Directions To Family
House

Most people who visit their hometowns after years in the city end up seeking directions to their family homes when it dawns on them the changes that have taken place after they left. This normally happens because they want to surprise their families so they do not inform them of their visit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 11:34am On Oct 03, 2016
2. Everyone Stares At You

Once you arrive home from the city, your clothes and demeanor gives you away as a stranger and you get everyone staring at you. If you go with a car, you might cause a few stares because they know you’re a stranger. It can get quite frustrating though having eyes follow you all over the place.

1 Like

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 11:37am On Oct 03, 2016
3. Parents Unofficially Announce
Your Arrival

Once you get home, your parents and siblings if
any will burst out with joy. To prove that their
child has gone to the city and returned home
looking good, they make a lot of noise out of
excitement which attracts neighbors. Once you
settle down, you might have your parents inform other people about your visit. Day in day out, they inform more people about your visit

1 Like

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:39am On Oct 03, 2016
I concur grin,
Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 11:40am On Oct 03, 2016
4. You’re Taken To Greet Other
Family Members and Friends

This is more like a tradition, you’ll have your
parents take you to other family members to
greet them and also for them to introduce you to them as their child who has been in the city. Even if these family members know you, you’re still introduced to them because it’s been years. It also gives your parents an opportunity to show off a bit.

1 Like

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 11:42am On Oct 03, 2016
5. You Get A Big Bowl Of Fufu Or A
Local Dish

Once you’re home, you’re guaranteed a big
bowl of fufu or a local dish in your hometown.
This is a way of welcoming you back home.

1 Like

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2016
6. Family Time Where You Talk Of
City Life

This is the most important part where you sit with the family after eating your food and you tell them about your life in the city. They ask all the questions and you provide all the answers. You tell them everything that happened from the day you landed in the city, where you stayed, what has been going on and what you do currently.

1 Like

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2016
7. Everyone Comes To Get Their
Share Of Presents Or Money

This is the most important part where you sit with the family after eating your food and you tell them about your life in the city. They ask all the questions and you provide all the answers. You tell them everything that happened from the day you landed in the city, where you stayed, what has been going on and what you do currently.

1 Like

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2016
Aiholi:
5. You Get A Big Bowl Of Fufu Or A
Local Dish

Once you’re home, you’re guaranteed a big
bowl of fufu or a local dish in your hometown.
This is a way of welcoming you back home.
With a big chicken specially crucified for ur sake grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 11:48am On Oct 03, 2016
8. Discussions On Marriage With
Parents

The joy of every parent is to see their child
married so after many years, once you get back
home, the conversation after the one with the
whole family, now shifts to your marital life
where your parents tell you how old you’re
getting and the need to settle down with somebody.
For the guys, they sometimes tell you that if you don’t have anyone in mind, they can find you a nice, respectful girl from the town tomarry.

1 Like

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2016
9. That One Sibling Who Wants To
Leave With You(Especially when you stay in Lagos)

Once you come back home, there’s always that one sibling who after seeing you, feels his/her life could also be transformed in the city so will like to leave with you. They make it clear to you that they’ll go with you when you’re going back and that’s it. They’ll pack and wait for the grand exit even if it doesn’t happen at the end.

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2016
10. That Old friend Who Won’t Let
You Have Peace

You were friends before you left for the city.Once you get back home and they get to know that you’re in town, they come rushing to your
family home. From this moment, it’s a “stick to me like glue time”. They’ll never leave you
alone or let you have some peace. From questions to asking for assistance and wanting to also come to the city. If you stay a couple of days, this friend will always show up in your family home each day.

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
~Aiholi

~@ d mention of lalasticlala, posts shall skyrocket.
Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by YhungPablo(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
I will relate when I visit my hometown again

1 Like

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Geestarry(f): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
LOL. I can relate. Number 2, 4 and 5. 4 can be so annoying
Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by ITbomb(m): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
If you are on this thread and you are guilty of No. 1, you should be very very ashamed of yourself.

I don't see how much change can happen within a year that can make someone forget the way home, that is, if you have determined to visit at least once a year.

Personally, whenever I visit, I always provisioned for a standby bike that I ride with a local friend, armed with Here Map or Google Map (offline mode fully downloaded), round the area

1 Like

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
With a big chicken specially crucified for ur sake grin

Seems u recently went to d villa....
Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
Geestarry:
LOL. I can relate. Number 2, 4 and 5. 4 can be so annoying

Especially 2and4
Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by ChemicalReaction(f): 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
So guilty of all.. Can't forget that year I wrote putme in the east and had to travel to my maternal village alone after eight years. Heck! Coman see laughter after a good samaritan took me home..
Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
Aiholi:

Seems u recently went to d villa....
Yh,a couple of months ago

1 Like

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
So guilty of all.. Can't forget that year I wrote putme in the east and had to travel to my maternal village alone after eight years. Heck! Coman see laughter after a good samaritan took me home..

cheesy Sure u had a nice Experience
Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by holuwatobhy(m): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
K

Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by Aiholi(m): 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
ITbomb:
If you are on this thread and you are guilty of No. 1, you should be very very ashamed of yourself.

I don't see how much change can happen within a year that can make someone forget the way home, that is, if you have determined to visit at least once a year.

Personally, whenever I visit, I always provisioned for a standby bike that I ride with a local friend, armed with Here Map or Google Map (offline mode fully downloaded), round the area

So ur village is on Google Map....
grin
Re: 10 Pictures You Can Relate To When You Visit Your Village After A Longtime by ITbomb(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
Aiholi:

So ur village is on Google Map....
grin
The logic is, just mark your start point, however you turn, you will know which direction is facing home

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Picture A Girl Posted On Facebook That Got People Talking / Free Blog Creation / North Korea Launches Missile Over Japan Earlier Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.