Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau (40704 Views)

Rahama Sadau Reveals Her Virginity Status Online; Gets Criticized / Rahama Sadau Meets Akon In USA (Photos) / Photos Of Rahama Sadau, Expelled Kannywood Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by OOOS: 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Mtcheeeww.. Still doesn't make sense to me. The likes of Ali Nuhu and Halima Abubakar??
Halima Abubakar is from Kogi State and not from the core north. Besides she doesn't belong to Kannywood or whatever they call it.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by APCsupporter: 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ooni:
Is kannywood also an industry?

One day i put African magic Hausa and lo it was an Ibo movie that they reworded into Hausa, just like they change philipino into English in movies. I felt betrayed.

My people here in west have embraced that trend by making wack subtitles. We yorubas and Hausas should try to be original. We should not be doing things because Ibos did. Ibos make 85% of all the profits through nollywood and their nollwood is known worldwide while our yoruwood and kannywood share 10%. This because we are not original. Its not good.

I have been watching that channel for up to 9 years now and I have never seen anything like that. The present Original Hausa movies. Don't be a liar, liars go to hell
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
APCsupporter:

I have been watching that channel for up to 9 years now and I have never seen anything like that. The present Original Hausa movies. Don't be a liar, liars go to hell

I concur

1 Like

Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by bsideboii(m): 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
ubaobi:
Are we still in the same country Nollywood vs Kannywood Sharia law vs 1999 constitution. I'm confused.
U witty damn
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by bigfrancis21: 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ooni:

One day i put African magic Hausa and lo it was an Ibo movie that they reworded into Hausa, just like they change philipino into English in movies. I felt betrayed.

My people here in west have embraced that trend by making wack subtitles. We yorubas and Hausas should try to be original. We should not be doing things because Ibos did. Ibos make 85% of all the profits through nollywood and their nollwood is known worldwide while our yoruwood and kannywood share 10%. This because we are not original. Its not good.

Cc genieluv grin
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by APCsupporter: 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
FriendChoice:

I concur
grin
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by abnur14(m): 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
I saw this coming...she brought it upon herself.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by tukdi: 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
abnur14:
I saw this coming...she brought it upon herself.
But to me, I don't really see anything
wrong with what she did apart from the fact that she wore trousers!

The punishment is too much for her, atleast she would have been suspended!
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
MDsambo:

Is Halima Abubakar a Kannywood actress

Ask the mo.ron!
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Ugosample(m): 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2016
I don't get why alcohol should be banned in a state in this country tho.
Not all Nigerians are Muslim, and if a Christian lives in the north and want to drink, why should that be a problem?

If you as a Muslim don't want to drink, that is fine, but don't force others into making that choice too...

But what do I know?
Those guys are still stuck in the 18th century.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Isn't this the height of hypocrisy? They also banned alcohol sale and consumption yet there's enough drugs in circulation to make even Mexico envious. sad sad

Yess! Call it hypocrisy or whatever you want. But doing sinful acts behind peoples back and doing it openly are two different things. The latter we will never condone. We will never make immorality the norm or acceptable in our society, the day that happens then we've forgotten our values. Just because you plonkers in the south have accepted it doesn't mean we have to. They say we hiddenly do worse but so do they. But for instance will they allow explicit sex in nollywood? Do they not have sex? Why don't they show that? That too is hypocrisy yeah? They funny thing is they think that's a sin when they commit things in their movies against their Christian faith. She is free to join nollywood if she wants to. But you nitwits should learn to respect our values, just because you've lost yours doesn't mean we should use ours.

I have to say hearing this come from a muslim? I am utterly disappointed.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
Rilwayne001:

It was banned, yes! But did people up there stop abusing it? No. Codeine, weed, gums among others. Do hisbah go after those abusing it's use? No.

NDLEA shouldn't be the only one to go after them, this should include hisbah' and other people against all these things.

Aside the fact that Islam condemns it, not everyone view alcohol as really a bad thing, and the Nigerian law is not against its sale and consumption. Same cannot be said of drug abuse. Aside the fact that the Nigerian law is against it, Islam condemns it too. So my question is why should Hisbah and the people tolerate it while standing against alcohol that is not even against the Nigerian law?

I called it hypocrisy because those against alcohol consumption do not see any wrong in drug abuse.

You are a misinformed deluded charlatan. Drug abuse is battled every single day in the north. Almost every day mosques preach against such drugs and emphasise their danger and authorities clamp down on them. Such drugs are also banned, just like alcohol, but are harder to control. For instance, cough syrups are still needed for people with cough.

Did you read what you just wrote? Not everyone views alcohol as a bad thing? And you're a muslim yes? If you're ready to denounce yourself then go ahead. But from what you've been typing here it seems you are deceiving yourself.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
Rilwayne001:

It was banned, yes! But did people up there stop abusing it? No. Codeine, weed, gums among others. Do hisbah go after those abusing it's use? No.

NDLEA shouldn't be the only one to go after them, this should include hisbah' and other people against all these things.

Aside the fact that Islam condemns it, not everyone view alcohol as really a bad thing, and the Nigerian law is not against its sale and consumption. Same cannot be said of drug abuse. Aside the fact that the Nigerian law is against it, Islam condemns it too. So my question is why should Hisbah and the people tolerate it while standing against alcohol that is not even against the Nigerian law?

I called it hypocrisy because those against alcohol consumption do not see any wrong in drug abuse.

You are a misinformed deluded charlatan. Drug abuse is battled every single day in the north. Almost every day mosques preach against such drugs and emphasise their danger and authorities clamp down on them. Such drugs are also banned, just like alcohol, but are harder to control. For instance, cough syrups are still needed for people with coughs.

Nigerian law? Gambling is not against Nigerian law, maybe we should allow that too yeah?

Did you read what you just wrote? Not everyone views alcohol as a bad thing? And you're a muslim yes? If you're ready to denounce yourself then go ahead. But from what you've been typing here it seems you are deceiving yourself.

You are lost.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by gidjah(m): 10:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
Bashirjaja01:
Time is precious use it wisely let not allow SHAIDAN to misguide you, make your tomorrow better than today (KUKAN KURCIYA JAWABI NE)
but magida na what he said is it the truth, gaskiya ne ko ?,yaya ne aka gama da magana din ne? zayi musu hukunchi ne ko ba akaba?
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by gidjah(m): 10:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Yess! Call it hypocrisy or whatever you want. But doing sinful acts behind peoples back and doing it openly are two different things. The latter we will never condone. We will never make immorality the norm or acceptable in our society, the day that happens then we've forgotten our values. Just because you plonkers in the south have accepted it doesn't mean we have to. They say we hiddenly do worse but so do they. But for instance will they allow explicit sex in nollywood? Do they not have sex? Why don't they show that? That too is hypocrisy yeah? They funny thing is they think that's a sin when they commit things in their movies against their Christian faith. She is free to join nollywood if she wants to. But you nitwits should learn to respect our values, just because you've lost yours doesn't mean we should use ours.

Bros your blood dey hot o, you seem to know Islam more than the Arab man , what Rilwan said is different from your own view,why all the insults and vain babblings void of truth but filled envious lies?, you are been unnecessarily angry and bitter just like as usual the average aboki we are use to, please write calmly and drive home your points without hate or insult please.we all know that what is been critisised publicly is what the average northerner does in the secret, (but what is wrong is wrong )
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by gidjah(m): 10:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ugosample:
I don't get why alcohol should be banned in a state in this country tho.
Not all Nigerians are Muslim, and if a Christian lives in the north and want to drink, why should that be a problem?

If you as a Muslim don't want to drink, that is fine, but don't force others into making that choice too...

But what do I know?
Those guys are still stuck in the 18th century.
both religion prohibited alcohol,what is it with alcooholic lives?any benefit or economic importance to the drinker?
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
gidjah:
Bros your blood dey hot o, you seem to know Islam more than the Arab man , what Rilwan said is different from your own view,why all the insults and vain babblings void of truth but filled envious lies?, you are been unnecessarily angry and bitter just like as usual the average aboki we are use to, please write calmly and drive home your points without hate or insult please.we all know that what is been critisised publicly is what the average northerner does in the secret, (but what is wrong is wrong )

Didn't claim that, and I don't see what this has to do with Arabs! Abo.ki? Don't ever call me your friend again, I don't know you, and I don't want to. I have enough friends. Again I said, it's better to do it in secret than to openly condone it and make it part of our culture. What you're saying is nothing short of what I expect from your average classless gullible southerner (although I'm sure you'll claim you're not) who feels the need to attack the north like a programmed attack dog. Wrong is wrong then why are you fussing because she got punished for doing wrong?
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Ugosample(m): 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Fellow Nigerian grin

I respect your views, but I am from the South.

Listen, in this world, it is impossible for everyone to see things the same way, because we are all different, both in tribes and religion.

That said, don't you think we should respect each other's views as human beings?
Those Hausa movies have a target audience, and if they find such things distasteful, they have the right to censor and regulate what they want to, there is no problem with that.

But threatening to kill her The suspension is enough punishment.

And for you to say that we down south have lost our values is very insulting, please don't say it again.

We don't see things the same way and that is fine, because we are different, so let us live in peace, and not be violent.

Good night
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ugosample:

Fellow Nigerian grin

I respect your views, but I am from the South.

Listen, in this world, it is impossible for everyone to see things the same way, because we are all different, both in tribes and religion.

That said, don't you think we should respect each other's views as human beings?
Those Hausa movies have a target audience, and if they find such things distasteful, they have the right to censor and regulate what they want to, there is no problem with that.

But threatening to kill her The suspension is enough punishment.

And for you to say that we down south have lost our values is very insulting, please don't say it again.

We don't see things the same way and that is fine, because we are different, so let us live in peace, and not be violent.

Good night

What you wrote in the beginning is spot on. What gets on my nerves is the south's inability to be tolerant of anything from the north. Do you see us telling nollywood what to do?

No one threatened to kill her, that was a reference to an older case. A similar situation is what they're trying to prevent.

We are indeed different and must learn to understand these differences, not attack anything alien to you.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by gidjah(m): 11:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Didn't claim that, and I don't see what this has to do with Arabs! Abo.ki? Don't ever call me your friend again, I don't know you, and I don't want to. I have enough friends. Again I said, it's better to do it in secret than to openly condone it and make it part of our culture. What you're saying is nothing short of what I expect from your average classless gullible southerner (although I'm sure you'll claim you're not) who feels the need to attack the north like a programmed attack dog. Wrong is wrong then why are you fussing because she got punished for doing wrong?
heeeheeereheeeee, once again your blood too dey hot, you sound like of of them an ideal average northern Hausa man,(ever angry,ready to die for what he knows lil or nothing about,but I am quite different from you, I am more civil than you, you need to stop been bitter at other tribes,you need to wake up and imbibe the spirit of accommodation, most of what you actually claim to know are really not the truth,you just another brainwashed Northerner ,been trained to hate non...once again, I a more civil Northern compatriot.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Bashirjaja01(m): 11:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
gidjah:
but magida na what he said is it the truth, gaskiya ne ko ?,yaya ne aka gama da magana din ne? zayi musu hukunchi ne ko ba akaba?
Ban fahimci me kake son fada ba
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ooni:

Did u just formulate ''YORUWOOD?'' hearing it for the 1st timecheesy
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
gidjah:
heeeheeereheeeee, once again your blood too dey hot, you sound like of of them an ideal average northern Hausa man,(ever angry,ready to die for what he knows lil or nothing about,but I am quite different from you, I am more civil than you, you need to stop been bitter at other tribes,you need to wake up and imbibe the spirit of accommodation, most of what you actually claim to know are really not the truth,you just another brainwashed Northerner ,been trained to hate non...once again, I a more civil Northern compatriot.

Ideal average northern hausa man? is that supposed to be an insult? writing ideal before any adjective automatically makes your description positive, heck take a way the word ideal and call me an average hausa man, nothing makes me more proud. So if thats supposed to be an insult you failed woefully. Accommodation? am i the person attacking the morals or culture of others? you are one of those so called northerners that are more southerners than northerners to me. Trying by any means to seem civil to them or trying to adjust to their perceptions of conformity. Again i fail to see how you're calling them out for attacking the north, cause i didn't start anything, bare mad men just started accusing the north. See this is why you are not a northerner, because your instinct would be to defend the north, especially in the wake of silly and ignorant insults like these ones not side with those perpetuating it. You're not civil, you're a lost coward, a traitor. i may not know a lot, but i'm pretty sure i know a lot more than you, i'm not brainwashed, if anything i'm principled.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Rilwayne001: 12:29am On Oct 04, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Whether doing it openly or codedly, what is bad is bad. But since you've confessed that their is nothing wrong doing it codedly, then you've just backed up my point.

It is nothing but hypocrisy, deal with it.

And as to your other quotes on this thread, you have the right to say whatever you wish.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 04, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Whether doing it openly or codedly, what is bad is bad. But since you've confessed that their is nothing wrong doing it codedly, then you've just backed up my point.

It is nothing but hypocrisy, deal with it.

And as to your other quotes on this thread, you have the right to say whatever you wish.

There's little you can do about what people do in secret. There's a lot you can do to ensure such cancer isn't deep rooted into the society. The moment we condone such acts openly, then we've lost our values.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Blue3k(m): 12:45am On Oct 04, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

There's little you can do about what people do in secret. There's a lot you can do to ensure such cancer isn't deep rooted into the society. The moment we condone such acts openly, then we've lost our values.

Funny enough you guys only fool yourself unless Allah doesn't notice what mere mortals see.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by cococandy(f): 1:11am On Oct 04, 2016
From Hollywood

We have
Bollywood
Nollywood
Ghallywood

Now "Kannywood?"

Uselessness. No originality. Bunch of retardz.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 04, 2016
Blue3k:

Funny enough you guys only fool yourself unless Allah doesn't notice what mere mortals see.

What people do in secret is for Allah to judge. Again, doesn't mean we should condone such acts openly.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 04, 2016
cococandy:
From Hollywood

We have
Bollywood
Nollywood
Ghallywood

Now "Kannywood?"

Uselessness. No originality. Bunch of retardz.

Kannywood has existed long before you were born bigot. Most movie industries add wood as a suffix, it's not plagiarism, it's just standard.

Seems to me like you're the re.tarded one. Programmed to unintelligently attack the north. If you don't have anything useful to say, just please shut up!
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by cococandy(f): 1:13am On Oct 04, 2016
And as usual the dude has done nothing wrong. Plebs
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 04, 2016
cococandy:
And as usual the dude has done nothing wrong. Plebs

Again bigot, he's not a member of Kannywood (the movie industry). He's a musician. You can't punish someone you don't have authority over.
Re: This may be Kannywood's justification for expelling Rahama Sadau by Savigne(f): 1:19am On Oct 04, 2016
danjumakolo:
It will be good to note that morality breeds and in the north.

The film industry there is regulated because of the Islamic religion that dominates there and that does not take shittt .

By the way alot of you have been blabbing,but none of u had challenged Indias regulated film sector which is the most populous film industry in the world I.e Bollywood...There u can't kiss or even expose any cleavage,else u will be sanctioned too.
Really?...... Sorry, which bollywood are you watching?...... Were movies like Dhoom and Krrish not produced by Bollywood?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From Wizkid’s Afrorepublik Festival At The 02 Arena / Kid Actor, David Akpakwu Making Waves In Nollywood / 10 Times Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Fashion Trendsetter Stepped Out Looking Fly (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.