Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,288 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. (2929 Views)

Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria / Title modified: 5 things to consider before buying any latest laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Henrozy1(m): 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
Many articles have been written on this topic yet many are still making the wrong choices everyday. Is it that they don't understand the articles or not? NO the answer is they are not led by the right information. What then is this right information? it has been briefly discussed in this article. It is very important you keep detailed attention to this article,if you are planning to get a new laptop. as i have took my time to analyze all you need here to get that dream gadget of yours,enjoy your reading.
[img [/img]

1. PURPOSE:

It is very important to know why you desire a laptop. laptops are designed for a variety of purposes and when you are not guided with the specific purpose you desire or need it for,you might end up buying what is no t suitable for your purpose and becomes a partial loss. A business brand laptop may not work perfectly for gaming or graphics. This is one very good reason why, anytime anybody ask me for guidelines on how to get a laptop suitable for their businesses,my first question is always, what do you need a laptop for,what is the purpose? it will be senseless to buy a very expensive laptop just for fun unless you have money to waste.

2. CHOOSE A BRAND:

After a good knowledge on the reason you need a laptop,the next thing is to choose a brand you like.they are different kind of laptops in the market,you just have to make a choice here because you will not buy all. your purpose for a laptop may guide you to the brand best fit for your business.An apple product will not be a bad idea for someone who needs a laptop for ethical hacking or programming due to the kind of operating system running in it and it's security level. Make enquiry from people who share same purpose with you see why they chose their product and how positive that product has been to their purpose.when you have gathered all the information you won't find it difficult choosing a brand. you should understand we have different brands with same or almost the same compatibility,so your choice is very important here,so the marketer don't give what he believes is right and may not be right for you.do your home work.

3. BUDGET:

Now you know your brand the next is to know the type you can afford this will lead you to drawing a budget. there are different categories in every brand what you can afford will determine what to go for. Sometimes the importance matters,if you are certain the laptop will become a money bank for you invest more on a very good one,especially for those going for on-line businesses. Make enquiry on all the types,you can go to their offices and ask for the price,nobody will insult you. i can remember a time i went to SAMSUNG'S office to know the actual price on an air conditioner. when you have gotten a list of the prices make sure you ask for the difference between each,pick a pen and paper and write them. the Internet is our friend today you can do all this from a click. when you are sure of the type you want save towards it.

4. CONTENT AND EFFICACY:

Now you have made your choice and you have your money at hand. Many make the mistake of buying a laptop because of the outward appearance, the appearance matters but "all that glitters is not gold". with your list from the our previous point. you pick out what exactly is important to your purpose. a good knowledge about computer parts and their function is necessary here as it will guide you on the kind of system you are going for. some contents that can not be neglected when getting a system are as follows;

a. Hard-disk drive (HDD) size
b. RAM size
c. Processor type
d. Screen size
e. HDMI compatibility e.t.c

We have many things to consider but left with this very important ones we can make a great choice choosing our content.
For example a 100gb HDD laptop might be all an office man needs but a D.J will frown at this because the size will not contain the multitude of songs he is planning to download here. likewise a laptop of 2gb RAM might be all a student who watches movies and browse social network might need but a video editor will frown at it,so our purpose will be needed here. If you over looked the first step you might end up with confusion here and pick what you don't want.

5. COST OF MAINTENANCE:

This is one very important factor we should never neglect in our choice,after looking at the content the next thing is to check is the cost of maintenance of our choice and if it is too exorbitant change to another type or brand. How can you know the cost of maintenance of your choice? check the availability of that product in the market,how much of the spare parts are in stock and how delicate the parts are. when you choose to buy a laptop nobody knows about maybe from abroad,you might travel there to repair any slight problem from it. nobody technician will tell you they cannot do it,it's what they do and they might end up wasting a good amount of your money. you might be wondering why i say get the one that has the spare parts in stock, machine wear and tear,and all the parts there have a lifespan. once they exceed their lifespan they begin to act strange. if the parts are not readily in stock you may end up loosing a laptop you have not enjoyed.

6. RELIABLE SOURCE:

Now you are good to go,but you don't buy a laptop from anywhere because you desperately need one. One of the greatest mistakes people make is trying to buy a laptop from somebody who just told you he has a laptop for sale. they might succeed in luring you to a shop and write a receipt for you without warranty and sometimes no refund policy hidden somewhere in the receipt.so when you patronize them and maybe you are not satisfied,they give you another one more inferior and when you are tired of the nonsense and want your money back they show you the not refundable in your receipt. have been a victim of this so i know what i am saying. drop the over anxiety because it will die immediately you buy the nonsense. you can patronize a slot or a recommendable laptop shop,but if you want to go on-line, better try our on-line markets they will do you well, don't pay until you receive your goods.

7. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER:

Before you leave the market or a pay for the goods, don't be too busy to confirm your order. some companies have good record but they are not perfect we have heard of many products with factory error. confirm the goods for any slight problem. i believe with a reliable source you should not bother much on it,but confirming it puts you on a safer side and reduce the stress of returning back to the shop.
With this article i am very sure you will not make any mistakes getting a perfect laptop for that perfect purpose.
You have gained knowledge from this i am very sure and it will be very good to share with your friends so they don't go about making same mistakes.
[url] https://techmoth..com/2016/10/7-things-to-consider-before-buying.html[/url]

1 Share

Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by nehis234(m): 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
Brilliant write up op, number 1,3 and 4 is so on point.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Henrozy1(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
thanks
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Dejiih001(m): 4:28am On Oct 04, 2016
You have done a great job there OP!
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by ultmatmus(m): 8:56am On Oct 04, 2016
Nice write up
even after all this some people will still not consider most of the things you wrote but for the benefit of others out there can lalasticlala please help us move this to frontpage..
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Benjom(m): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2016
Good one there
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Henrozy1(m): 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2016
thanks thanks
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Princepri(m): 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
well written. I have bought 2 laptop I regretted. I was lure by cheap price and portability. I've learnt my lesson now.
but OP you forgot to add BATTERY LIFE.
In Nigeria, you should consider battery life on any tech device you're buying. Nigeria power supply can do wonders.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Henrozy1(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
Princepri:
well written. I have bought 2 laptop I regretted. I was lure by cheap price and portability. I've learnt my lesson now.
but OP you forgot to add BATTERY LIFE.
In Nigeria, you should consider battery life on any tech device you're buying. Nigeria power supply can do wonders.
you are very right,but I have a better topic on laptop power durability loading...
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Emmysteve(m): 11:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
Thank you for the information. I want to buy a laptop for a budget of 25k. A fairly used mini laptop for blogging and social networking. Which one would you recommend? Thanks.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Henrozy1(m): 1:31am On Oct 05, 2016
Emmysteve:
Thank you for the information. I want to buy a laptop for a budget of 25k. A fairly used mini laptop for blogging and social networking. Which one would you recommend? Thanks.
if you have followed this write up very well u should understand I'm not a marketer,just wanted to be of help,what you do now is make ur research first, then u choose your brand,if u like HP or dell fine,then u go for the one with a good hard disk space and good RAM,the RAM size is very important. if u buy that of a small RAM size it will hang as often, another thing is the battery life.buy a laptop not a laptop desktop. make ur research with the knowledge you nobody will give you nonsense.
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Emmysteve(m): 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
Henrozy1:

if you have followed this write up very well u should understand I'm not a marketer,just wanted to be of help,what you do now is make ur research first, then u choose your brand,if u like HP or dell fine,then u go for the one with a good hard disk space and good RAM,the RAM size is very important. if u buy that of a small RAM size it will hang as often, another thing is the battery life.buy a laptop not a laptop desktop. make ur research with the knowledge you nobody will give you nonsense.
Thanks but how many ram size do you recommend?
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Alexandroo(m): 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
Oga, please where in Abuja can i get a fairly used laptop system with budget range of 30k-35k thank
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
i think this post is meant for me. Thanks. were can i get hp for programming
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by pointstores(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
uk used laptops dell and hp prize range from 25k to 60k petium dual core and core i2 and i5 system visit repairelectronics.com.ng
Re: 7 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop. by cruzclinton1(m): 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
Boss plz I need to hv ur whatsapp number......so u can help me make d right choice...don't want to waste this money I got from MMM..... I want to buy a laptop...hp or toshiba // purpose of the laptop is mostly graphics design,then gaming follows..... Plz what re d spec will I go for....I hv known this ones....4gig ram // 500gig hard disk // 15.6". Yes I like it wide,is a most for me //...this all I know for now....pls what else? Thanks

(1) (Reply)

SOLD. Grade A USA Used Toshiba Core I5 For Sale. / ***Sold***HP 250 G5 Notebook Laptop / Mint UK Used HP ProBook 470 G5 - 8GB RAM, 1TB, 8th Gen i7, Nvidia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.