Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Was I Scammed By DSTV Nigeria? - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Was I Scammed By DSTV Nigeria? (10267 Views)

GOTV Just Scammed Me With Their Fake Promo - Users Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was I Scammed By DSTV Nigeria? by TheTrueSeeker: 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ok guys, I got a call on Friday 30th September, 2016 from a DSTV Nigeria Call Center Agent (012806877). She asked to confirm if she was speaking with Mr. (My Surname and Smart Card Number) and I answered in the affirmative.

She reminded me of my subscription to DSTV which I was yet to renew and I told her I’d got similar uncountable calls for such reminder and wondered why DSTV would spend such amount of time and resources reminding a subscriber to reactivate.

To cut long story short, she announced that my Smart Card Number had been selected for a 50% discount which would be valid if I would pay for renewal within 7 days from the day of that particular call. That meant I would be eligible to make only half the cost for full one month view.

Hmmmm...!!! 50% discount of the family bouquet of N3600 which would mean paying only N1800 wasn’t a bad deal O, I thought to myself.

Later that evening, I logged into my quickteller account and made payment as usual to DSTV for half the cost as instructed.
My payment was acknowledged even on the DSTV site (screen shot shown below) but ladies and gentlemen, my subscription is still inactive even as I write this post.

Tried calling back the call center number and all I hear is ‘number is incorrect, please check the number and try again”

Thinking now…!!

Was I scammed by DSTV?
Was that a ploy to make me pay the full cost?
cos until I make the full payment, my half payment would be hanging in the air rather than airing on my TV.

Re: Was I Scammed By DSTV Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
But where is lalasticlala now?
Re: Was I Scammed By DSTV Nigeria? by TheTrueSeeker: 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
I guess I was.

Anyway, I have decided to leave the matter to them, will make up the full payment and rest my case...!!
Re: Was I Scammed By DSTV Nigeria? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:28am On Oct 04, 2016
Seun,Lalasticala FP

(1) (Reply)

Need The New Android Box Call Me On 08168788085 / Let Me Upgrade Or Repair Your Strong Decoder For U / Best Fta Dish In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.