Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,984 members, 7,952,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:13 AM

James Brown Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / James Brown Is Dead (2229 Views)

Seems Chris Brown Is Tired Of Serving Devil.. Picture / Chaii See What Chris Brown Is Missing Oo, She Stopped Fukking Her (photos) / Breaking News: Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Brown Is Dead by Fdeveloper(m): 9:14am On Dec 25, 2006
The "Godfather of Soul" has passed away at the age of 73 following complications after being admitted to hospital on Sunday suffering from pneumonia.

May his soul rest in peace,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6208615.stm
http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=85040
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/news/politics/16315327.htm
Re: James Brown Is Dead by Raymand(m): 9:23am On Dec 25, 2006
WTF?! sad
Re: James Brown Is Dead by iice(f): 11:03am On Dec 25, 2006
What what? Nooooooooo. . . for real? Damn!
Re: James Brown Is Dead by mamaput(f): 11:12am On Dec 25, 2006
What a pity i met him once at the air port and i sang i feel good he answered.
and gave me an autogramm even with my name on it.
What a nice man.
Re: James Brown Is Dead by mamaput(f): 11:13am On Dec 25, 2006
What a pity i met him once at the air port and i sang i feel good  he answered.
and gave me an autogramm even with my name on it.
What a nice man. We even talked about Nigeria. that must have been in 1999
Re: James Brown Is Dead by LanreDaMan(m): 11:18am On Dec 25, 2006
RIP Godfather of soul
Re: James Brown Is Dead by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2006
omigod cry
Re: James Brown Is Dead by Raymand(m): 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2006
2006 dimmed so many stars! i'm glad the year the out! cry
Re: James Brown Is Dead by 4Play(m): 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2006
My girlfriend thinks he may have died of AIDS.
Re: James Brown Is Dead by Ynot(m): 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2006
Thats the unfortunate Christmas news. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: James Brown Is Dead by jaybaby(f): 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2006
4 Play:

My girlfriend thinks he may have died of AIDS.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ur galfrnd or u? cuz i cnt even _stnd ---coco & 4 pla shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: James Brown Is Dead by ima1(f): 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2006
its really sad, a day before christmas, may his soul rest in peace.
Re: James Brown Is Dead by odada(m): 11:39pm On Dec 25, 2006
my heart goes out to the "godfather of soul" as he finally takes a bow!adieu great one u rilli rocked!woah--watch me!--i gat it!!---i gat soul and am super bad!!! sad cry
Re: James Brown Is Dead by UsherGurl(f): 12:01am On Dec 26, 2006
Oh we love him sooo much here in Senegal!! cry cry cry cry cry crytv channels are putting all his songs right now for his loving memory!!! May he rest in peace!!! cry cry cry
Re: James Brown Is Dead by Ndipe(m): 12:24am On Dec 26, 2006
Ushergirl, do you live in Senegal? What are the tourist attractions that Senegal has to offer? Do you live in Dakar, if you dont mind? Is it a conservative society, since it is an islamic country? I understand that there is a heavy influence of the French culture in Dakar. Let me know. I wanna visit there someday.
Re: James Brown Is Dead by eslynera(f): 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2006
i din't know him, but all in all. Die well and rest in Paradise. kiss
Re: James Brown Is Dead by eslynera(f): 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2006
oooooooooh, i looked at his pictured and remembered the poor man.
How sad and shockingggg!!!!! shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry
but there's a better place he's at. kiss
Re: James Brown Is Dead by UsherGurl(f): 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2006
Ndipe:

Ushergirl, do you live in Senegal? What are the tourist attractions that Senegal has to offer? Do you live in Dakar, if you don't mind? Is it a conservative society, since it is an islamic country? I understand that there is a heavy influence of the French culture in Dakar. Let me know. I want to visit there someday.

Ndipe yes I live in Senegal in Dakar and all what I can tell you is that you won't be disappointed if you visit it because it offers soooooooo many toristics sites, museum, historical islands such as the Gorea Island, and sooo many other entertaining and educative places!:!!!!++ Even if more than 94% of the population is muslim, people are sooooo hospitable!!
mail me for more information! wink wink
Re: James Brown Is Dead by Ynot(m): 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2006
Heard they are already fighting over his estate. His allegedly fourth wife was locked out the building by his kids lawyer. Reason: they were not legally married. She was still married to another guy when she got married to James. Hope this doesn't turn out ugly.

1 Like

Re: James Brown Is Dead by kitaun(m): 11:52pm On Dec 26, 2006
Yeah, those things are not only synonymous with Naija folks alone
Re: James Brown Is Dead by Ndipe(m): 12:13am On Dec 27, 2006
The only difference in this saga is that James Brown was not legally married to that woman and as such, she has not legal right to contest his property. This is quite unlike the Nigerian milieu, where a widow, legally married to the deceased can be usurped by her inlaws over her property because of tradition.
Re: James Brown Is Dead by iice(f): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2006
kitaun:

Yeah, those things are not only synonymous with Naija folks alone

Always turns ugly when money is involved. If he doesnt have an iron-clad will, here we go again with the money matters. Sometimes even if he has an iron clad will, they still dragged their asses to court and taint their names. Look at the squabbles over Richard Pryor's estate
Re: James Brown Is Dead by ladykool(f): 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2006
ooh man! thats sad i don't feel good again! its so so sad sad! jeez is song r good he is really the god father of soul! may his soul rest in peace!
Re: James Brown Is Dead by olufunto(f): 6:40am On Dec 31, 2006
Yea .May his soul rest in peace.I feel sorry for the wife though.I thought he married her.Even if he did not I used to think there was a law that if two people stay together for a period of time they were considered married? They also had a son together right?
Re: James Brown Is Dead by SkengRay: 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
R.I.P James brown cry

(1) (Reply)

No Credibility In Nigerian Awards - P Square / Mercy Johnson & Majid Micheal Kicking It Already / Beyonce's New Documentary ' Why Did God Give Me This Life?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.