Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu (20296 Views)

"Buhari Until We Die, No Igbo Will Rule This Country Again": Hausa Man On 2019 / Crippled Man On A Wheelchair Protesting Against Buhari Led Government (Photos) / Man On Motorcycle Supports Buhari After Budget Presentation. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by KingOvoramwen1(m): 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
The book which was written by an accomplished American a academic, Professor John Paden was a chronology of the life’s and times of president Buhari both in the military and civilian Governments

Buhari a man of assignments-Tinubu

Reviewing the book, the APC national leader, Tinubu said that Buhari has had to come to the national stage at various criminal times, assuring that he would fix the economy which he said was ruined by the government of People’s Democratic Party. PDP.

He said: “Essentially, the book explores how his professional career, his personal life and prior experiences in government shaped and prepared him for the momentous assignment he now has.

“From the book’s pages, we see a man who has lived his life on assignments that always intersected with vital moments in the nation’s history. He was a man on assignment, when, in the military, he served bravely in a civil war to keep Nigeria united.

“He was on national assignment when he became military head of state in a well-intentioned effort to straighten things out, and set Nigeria on a better path. When he ventured into politics and competed for the Presidency, culminating in his 2015 election victory, he was still on assignment, showing that there was no other way for this nation to go but the way of democracy, no matter how difficult the path may be.

“Now, as sitting President, he is on an assignment, against time, to undo the wrongs of nearly two decades of bad governance.

“Such is the life of this man. Always in the public eye, doing things in his different, disciplined and Spartan way. From this compelling narrative, neatly demarcated into three parts and 24 chapters, the reader is able to glean the quintessential Buhari.”

The APC leader also gave an account of encounter with president Buhari during the formation of APC
“The formation of the All Progressives Congress, APC, is an important event that the book addresses. The merger was the result of teamwork, belief in the democratic will of the people and a commitment to national purpose.

“Many of us invested ourselves, our heart, body, mind and soul in this project for national salvation. Many did not want it to happen and fought to undermine the good we sought to accomplish. Many others straddled the sidelines, neither completely in nor completely out, but waiting to see how the prevailing winds might blow before making their move.

“Muhammadu Buhari never wavered for one moment on this journey. Proving to be a focused leadership, he acted with single-minded determination that showed no fear or doubt in the rightfulness of the cause we pursued. I know this for an unassailable fact because I was there with him, every step of the way, to fight against, what the realists told us, were un surmountable odds.

Yet, our determination for reform beat their smart calculations. The desire for a better country was more powerful than their incumbent might.

“So many people made contributions that made the historic merger possible. It would be impossible to give each person the accolades they deserve in a concise work such as this one. However, it is an account that we must begin to chronicle fully, and with care, for it is the story of when reform came to the land. Here, I must say that this book makes a good initial contribution toward this objective.
“Indeed, the APC is a party born of the quest for democratic good governance. In essence, the party is the embodiment of a democratic promise made between its members as well as a democratic vow made to the public. The APC genesis is truly a historic and an engaging one.

“I, therefore, crave your indulgence here to give a bit more insight.
“In forming the ‘new’ party, we had 3 challenges. The first was learning the right lessons from the aborted attempt at political cooperation in 2011. Fortunately, both the ACN and CPC regretted our inability to conclude a pact in 2011.

We agreed that there would be no recrimination over what did not happen before. We agreed there would be an intensified effort to forge the united effort that eluded us in 2011.

“In 2011, both parties wanted cooperation, but became stuck whether that should take the form of an alliance or outright merger. This difference gave rise to another one, regarding how the Vice Presidential candidate, who would run with the Presidential Candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, would be selected.
“Despite numerous good-faiths demonstrated in attempts to resolve these issues, time ran out on finding a solution. In retrospect, we all were perhaps a bit too inflexible and did not realize the extent to which cooperation and flexibility were needed to establish the reform we all wanted.

“The result: each party went its own way in 2011. However, the talks of 2011 would foreshadow the discussions, beginning in 2013, which led to the successful merger forming the APC.
“Talks mainly between the CPC, led by Buhari, and the ACN, led by myself, later joined by the ANPP and the progressive wing of APGA, would go more smoothly and would reach the desired finish-line this time. There would be a merger and there would be a presidential candidate agreeable to all. A winning combination had been joined.
“It would give the PDP, which had boasted of 60 continuous years in power, more than it could handle.
“After the successful merger and the birth of APC, it was time to pick a flag bearer. At the Lagos convention, President Buhari emerged as the new party’s choice in a transparently-honest process. His speech to the convention was greeted with ovation, even by those who had opposed him.
“In that speech, he said to the delight of all who heard, and I quote him:
“I can’t give you a pocketful of dollars or naira to purchase your support. Even if I could, I would not do so. The fate of this nation is not up for sale. What I will give you, and this nation, is all of my strength, commitment, sweat and toil in the service of the people. What I can give you is my all”.
“This set the tone for the campaign to come.
But first, there was the sticky issue of selecting a running mate. After careful study and discussion, it was agreed that we should fields a religiously-balanced ticket given the sensitivities of the moment”, he said.
Tinubu therefor appealed to the government to introduce history as subject of study in Nigeria’s secondary schools to reflect most important times in the history of Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/buhari-man-assignments-tinubu-2/

1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by KingOvoramwen1(m): 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
I see Tinubu has started playing their I blow your yanch and i bite it in the Dark Game...... He is learning at last!!

I Swear my Liltle brother in Primary2 knows more about assignment and classwork than this Coconut headed sugar cane looking, Gworo chewing brown teethed decayed tooth Modafocker!! angry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by chefremy(m): 10:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
man on assignment indeed.look at my signature

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by DerrickzB: 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
Hehehe... Smh... We can see the assignments Sir.... Meanwhile... why cheering him up in public when u guys are head on in a tussle of who controls APC... The marriage would soon break...

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by Thisis2raw(m): 11:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
Assignment to kill us with hunger abi?

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
True
Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by KingOvoramwen1(m): 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
Thisis2raw:
Assignment to kill us with hunger abi?

OH LAWD!! grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by Thisis2raw(m): 11:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

OH LAWD!! grin
what the fxck is this one saying?
Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by basilo101: 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
assignment to take us 50 years backwward

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by RealJaneDoe: 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
assignment to destroy the economy with cluelessness and tyranny

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by KingOvoramwen1(m): 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
Thisis2raw:
what the fxck is this one asking

What the furks are you on about Punk?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by PaulIdu: 11:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
He is clearly on assignment to destroy our fragile economy

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by FagsamPHP(m): 11:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
indeed a man on Assignment to Finish & kill us as a country..... Buhari is a Colossal failure, how we ended up with this man being our president i never understand....

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by Emmaoga: 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
HIS ASSIGNMENT IS ONLY TO BLAME IMMEDIATE PAST ADMINISTRATION.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 04, 2016
I hate this man!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by FastShipping: 3:56am On Oct 04, 2016
I disagree with Bola Tinubu.

Buhari is a failure that every well meaning Nigerians must come together and chase into the desert or ocean. Buhari's ineptness, vindictiveness and stubbornness are the reasons why more than 4 million jobs have been lost. The sea port that used to be a busy place is now a ghost town.

Buhari came to power without any plan to solve problems. He only wanted to be president just to fulfill his long help ambition.

Buhari must go!

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by fulanimafia: 5:20am On Oct 04, 2016
Coming from the indisputable Generalissimo of southern politics and indispensable leader of the APC, this statement is quite reassuring.

It was soothing to watch Tinubu at the book launch yesterday and listen to the nice words of praise and adulation he had for the President, which clearly indicates that the winning strategic alliance is growing even stronger, contrary to the narrative being peddled by naysayers.

From experience I have learnt that disagreements are a potent ingredient for closer relationships particularly among friends, and Oyeguns infraction will ironically unite the party even more as they join hands to sort out the misunderstanding that unfortunately cropped up. In the North, the injustice perpetrated by Oyegun has been roundly condemned and the support for Tinubu is stronger than ever so this might be a blessing in disguise for the Jagaban of Borgu kingdom.

God bless Tinubu, the grandmaster of southern politics and God bless Nigeria, the awakening giant.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by Aufbauh(m): 5:36am On Oct 04, 2016
Jagaban"s foresight and attestation of President Muhammadu Buhari had once again reinforced my unwavering faith for the personality i voted in and has also endear me to the lion of bourdilon that he is indeed the face of the progressive politics devoid of parochialism.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by babdap: 6:41am On Oct 04, 2016
Nigerians will grade his performance in 2019 by their PVC.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:49am On Oct 04, 2016
Its this paper /story books around that made educated people believe buhari will fix Nigeria....Now his there what has he fixed biko?Instead things are going from bad to worst. Buhari on a mission to Bury Nigeria undecided

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by welearneveryday: 7:49am On Oct 04, 2016
YES, Buhari is a man on assignment. Take it or leave it, he has awoken the fight for corruption in Nigeria whether it is one sided, daz is anoda issue 4debate. Buharis biggest challenge is dat he knows little or notin about economics and business, and his economic team is also poor in dat area. Also, Buhari doesnot have a big heart like Nelson Mandela 2accept evry1 as "his own'" irrespective of their religion, tribe, sex and so on. Best Job 4buhari is EFCC chairman, take or leave it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by sakalisis(m): 7:57am On Oct 04, 2016
To destroy Nigeria Ba?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by Bodexman(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2016
Tinubu watch your back!

I won't repeat myself again.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by PhantomD(m): 8:47am On Oct 04, 2016
I respect the seat of the president, but I wonder why we celebrate these people even after all these hardship. They're not celebrities for God's sake. What does his life story add to a young Nigerian?
I just wish we could get our priorities right, in countries where leaders have dignity, they resign instead of trying hard to be branded a failure in as much as they love power.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by kurajordan(m): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2016
Good for him
Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by SenatePresdo(m): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2016
Tinubu is now an inconsequential political godfather.
That is why he's ass-licking Buhari that exploited his political foresight in order
to become the president.
Assignment my foot.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by ayusco85(m): 9:48am On Oct 04, 2016
Wife: We haven't made love in two weeks Husband: Speak for yourself
Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by aadvark: 9:49am On Oct 04, 2016
obviously his assignment is to kill us

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by Dreyl(m): 9:51am On Oct 04, 2016
I concur!
Re: Buhari Is A Man On Assignments - Tinubu by Ayoswit(f): 9:52am On Oct 04, 2016
We don hear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ultimatum From Ex-pdp Chiefs: Buhari’s Men Await Next Move From Saraki, Tambuwal / APC Lifts Suspension Of Akeredolu, Amosun, Okorocha, Usani Uguru, Osita Okechukw / Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 48th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.