Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus (17921 Views)

Futasu Reacts To Off-campus Rents Fees / As A Student - 7 Factors To Consider If You Want To Stay Off Campus / 11 Types Of Neighbours In Off-campus Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Dapromzy333(m): 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
There is the feel to teach students and aspirants on the needs to stay ON campus, which brought about the topic : As A Student – 5 Reasons Why You Should NEVER Stay Off Campus. See reasons below :

1) CONCENTRATION: Why were you admitted, to concentrate right?? Staying on campus gives you loads of opportunities to focus on your studies. There are heaps of dialog gatherings to join, bear in mind the instructional exercises as well. Companions would call you to come and read during the evening in one of the lecture rooms. Staying off campus will deprive you of these opportunities.

2) EASE OF TRANSPORT: Staying on campus would without a doubt spare you heaps of cash when boarding transports or taxicabs. Also, on the off chance that you think you got the quid to spill, then you could get found amid RUSH HOUR, where enormous overwhelming folks would tear you into pieces when scrambling for transports. Staying on campus makes you simply have a walk and appreciate the view!

3) SECURITY: This is essential!!! We generally hear instances of assault, theft, ambush and so forth outside the school premises, yet on campus, there are bunches of security watchmen on watch. Indeed, even the man-o-war troops, cadets, and so forth would loan a hand.

4) PUNCTUALITY: when you stay on campus, you have the tendency to be more serious, so you wake up, have a shower, spruce up and stroll down to the lecture theatre , you may get a space in front. Be that as it may, on the off chance that you stay off campus, you wake up, have a bath, dress up, sit tight for the transport for 30mins, the bus may break down, may even tear your new Thomas pink shirt.

5) COMPANIONSHIP: Its dependably fun staying with your associates, campus hostels can never be a dull spot, its like a scaled down town!!! There are comics, touts, comedians, actually no dull minutes!!! There is dependably a hall rep, who is a programmed individual from the student union agent committee, who may even organise shows, end of session dinners, and so on and it has a tendency to be free.

6) TO MAKE MORE FRIENDS : Staying on campus will inevitably get you more exposure to other students, which invariably gives you the opportunity to make more friends on campus. If you are the type that is aiming a political post on campus, you can’t but just stay on campus.

7} TO GET INFORMATION FASTER: Information is known to spread like wind in school hostels. You might not get that opportunity off campus, especially if you are not the ‘Always Online’ or ‘Friendly’ type.

http://solutionclass.com/forum2_theme_110811609.xhtml?tema=1307

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Dapromzy333(m): 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2016

2 Likes

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Slimzjoe(m): 6:46am On Oct 04, 2016
Made Fp with Zero Replies...Op are you related to the Snake master

I agree with you totally but then you left out the fact that it teaches you to be extra careful with things cos Hosteliers no get Joy

8 Likes

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Felaak47(m): 6:47am On Oct 04, 2016
undecided
Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by sympoto(f): 6:47am On Oct 04, 2016
Risk of life
Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by engrjosefz(m): 6:47am On Oct 04, 2016
Go on
Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 04, 2016
Toto no go let you see road for off campus.

4 Likes

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by largehead: 6:48am On Oct 04, 2016
my laptop just got stolen... I hate my self now
Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by deebrain(m): 6:49am On Oct 04, 2016
O LORD MY FATHER!

DELIVER THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR PUTTING THIS THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE IN JESUS NAME.

AMEN.

3 Likes

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Fran6ik: 6:49am On Oct 04, 2016
Bit am off campus na..
Happy birthday to me

10 Likes

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by lilbazy(m): 6:49am On Oct 04, 2016
Nice Points but fvck it...off campus ti takeover

2 Likes

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Helkayklassic(m): 6:50am On Oct 04, 2016
I agree with all the points... Nice one OP.

1 Like

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by GoodSide: 6:50am On Oct 04, 2016
abegi.
who wan pass go pass
you ready fail ,eventually fails
na by off k or on campus
100 level orientation.
have you heard the saying all hands not equal.
a school admits 49000 students.hostel takes 13000 students.
the rest are to stay where
on our heads ba.

100 level mentality

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Marvyx(m): 6:52am On Oct 04, 2016
Sure .but the rate of theft in school hostel is crazy

4 Likes

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Elisean(m): 6:53am On Oct 04, 2016
This is stupid Only highlighting social relevance.

1 Like

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 04, 2016
lol in some hostels you can never own laptops and sleep peacefully

and security of personal gadgets in a hostel and the ease through which diseases can spread makes it a no no

1 Like

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Orikinla(m): 6:57am On Oct 04, 2016
[size=20pt]So they should live in dirty and filthy hostels on campuses and risk their precious lives exposed to health hazards of horrible living conditions?[/size].

21 Likes

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Amastermovic(m): 6:59am On Oct 04, 2016
lol.. if ur school don't have campus nko

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 04, 2016
All these ones na just individualistic something.
All through my days in medical school, I stayed off campus and it didn't affect me one bit.
I guess whoever gets into the higher institution has to sit down and properly evaluate himself, know which system works best for you.
I for one doesn't like monotony, I like the distractions that comes with living off K, and it also helped to keep me socially balanced by living and interracting with folks from other disciplines

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by herkeym001(m): 7:03am On Oct 04, 2016
off campus is very fun for soji people

1 Like

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by youngvizzy1(m): 7:05am On Oct 04, 2016
People be making useless opinions. How many of our universities can accommodate the full students in to the school hostels Take for example like my school Uniben, it's not possible. Open abeg think am well
Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by youngvizzy1(m): 7:06am On Oct 04, 2016
frenchwine:
All these ones na just individualistic something.
All through my days in medical school, I stayed off campus and it didn't affect me one bit.
I guess whoever gets into the higher institution has to sit down and properly evaluate himself, know which system works best for you.
I for one doesn't like monotony, I like the distractions that comes with living off K, and it also helped to keep me socially balanced by living and interracting with folks from other disciplines
You are right bro
Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by sundilazo(m): 7:09am On Oct 04, 2016
To be sincere "off campus" is the best, am a sophomore in the department of philosophy, University of Port-Harcourt. I stayed in hostel when I was in year 1, the disadvantages in hostel is so much, hostel is very dirty, no privacy, we live like an animal, u can not have a relationship with a girl when living in hostel. In conclusion, I made my best grade when am in "off campus". I too sabi book dem full hostel, at d end they end up with average result.

5 Likes

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by femooshad(m): 7:09am On Oct 04, 2016
On campus bawo... Academic wise your points are irrelevant! Some of the straight A's students don't even attend classes.. Making money off campus but doing the needful

1 Like

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by safarigirl(f): 7:09am On Oct 04, 2016
OP i concur abeg. Especially with safety, I know of a guy whose house was cleared pit during the break, the thieves didn't even leave the rug for him.

A similar situation happened to my sister who was robbed dry off campus. The last time a guy snuck into nth female hostel to steal, he was caught and given a sound beating, off campus people won't even help you.

That Babcock girl that was killed in her house off campus, who for kill her if she dey hostel?

Besides, lots of pretentious people living off campus, can't afford daily feeding, but want to stay off campus...I know one that came to hostel to beg people for 2k, considering rent goes for about 100k or more, I would think off campus people are rich.

....then again, most girls living off campus are sharing an apartment with a guy, as a parent, I doubt I'll let my daughter stay off campus till 300 level, guys on the other hand, can stay there
Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by adedayourt(m): 7:11am On Oct 04, 2016
Seems uv forgotten that most schools dont av enof accommodation fr all der intake, wat happens to d ones who apply fr school hostel ND neva got space?

Besides all des Advantages u stated here Also applies to staying off-campus, if nt more advantageous sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Judolisco(m): 7:11am On Oct 04, 2016
u r right

1 Like

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by emmaak2(m): 7:11am On Oct 04, 2016
If Your Boyfriend of above 30years,
has all the latest fashion glasses,
has all the latest face caps,
has all the latest fashion cloths,
wears expensive perfumes,
wears expensive watches,
uses expensive phones (even bought one for you),
Wears expensive shoes,
But he still lives in his younger brother's/friend's house...
Come forward,
Come
come,
don't be afraid,
what is happening to you is not ordinary...
God has remembered you today
Raise your hand up...
Raise it up very well,
Then bend it and place it on your head,
preferably where your mind tells you your brain is located,
Then repeat this prayers after me,
My father my father!!!!
Wherever they have buried my brain,
in my maternal village,
in my paternal village,
in the coven,
Vomit it now!!!!
oya start shouting,
Vomit! Now! (1000x)
When you're done....
Go back to your house and never meet with that IDIOT
again!........Receive brain to use your sense!!!....
Amen? Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Chrisrare: 7:14am On Oct 04, 2016
another boat-load of crap... students who live off campus are usually d first to come to class while those who live on campus r busy running up an down luking for water or queueing up on line b4 dey can tke their bath.

9 Likes

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by adepiero: 7:23am On Oct 04, 2016
After all these, those who will end up with 1st class will have it even if they don't attend lectures or stay anywhere close to school

1 Like

Re: As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus by Mikylopez(f): 7:26am On Oct 04, 2016
I prefer off campus tho ... emmaak2 u are really crazy ...lmao my father my father

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Check My Unizik Result / Abia State University Medical Student's Fight Back!!! / This Is Uniuyo Departmental Admission Cut-off Point 2013/2014 in view (de Kemcy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.