Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government (3292 Views)

Reno: Lauretta Onochie Is Lizard In Aso Rock, Runs Girl Working For President / Channels TV Likes A Post Discrediting Lai Mohammed & Lauretta Onochie On Twitter / Lauretta Onochie Mocks Fayose & FFK With Photos Of President Buhari & Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:19pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ordinarily, I would have ignored the rantings of Lauretta Onochie on her personal attack on a Nigeria citizen Mr Deji Adeyanju who exercised his right to speech by issuing a statement in his personal capacity criticizing President Muhammadu Buhari on his decision to celebrate the 56th Independence of our great in a "low key" without the usual "pump and pageantry" that usually greets such event in the past years including the 55th Anniversary in 2015 under President Buhari.

Though I may not be in agreement with Mr Deji Adeyanju and his criticism of the position of the federal government because I consider it unnecessary, I am deeply concerned with the manner Ms Onochie, a Presidential Aide descended on Nigeria citizen Deji, employing all manner of insults and obscene words.

On reading the tone her response, I had to check the Constitution to confirm if the portion that prescribes right to freedom of speech has been removed. I had to ask myself whether private citizens no longer have right to opinion and even disagree with the government. I must confess that this is the second time since the fourth republic that we'll be witnessing the Presidency verbally attacking a private citizen simply because he holds a view not in consonant with the government- the first was former President Olusegun Obasanjo's verbal attack on singer Eedris Abdulkareem over the singer's "Nigeria jagajaga" hit.

Make no mistake, I am not interested in defending Deji, but to inform Mrs Onochie that she can't shut the mouth of citizens from criticising the actions of government irrespective of whether or not they are right or wrong.

Deji Adeyanju though a member of Peoples Democratic Party, holds no official or unofficial position in the party, he's a private citizen in every definition. He is neither the party's spokesman nor Youth Leader(as claimed by Onochie). In fact, he never held either poisons at any time. For emphasis sake, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, whose office speaks for the party is Prince Dayo Adeyeye, while the office of National Youth Leader is vacant. The position was last held by Comrade Abdulahi Maibasira. Not even the Senator Ali Modu Sheriff's group has Deji as an official or unofficial officeholder. It is therefore a fallacy for Ms Onochie to wage verbal war on Deji because she has made herself to believe that "Deji hold a position in the party and the Youth Leader in a faction of PDP". It is equally unfortunate that that a supposed Presidential Spokeswoman chose to wallow in ignorance when Google search engine would have given her the right information.

ISSUES RAISED BY LAURETTA ONOCHIE
On the issues raised in her response, she justified the military genocidal action against the Shiite by asserting that "The religious sect held Zaria and its environs to ransom for years". However, it has never been heard of in the history of Nigeria that the Shiite sect declared war against the Nigeria State by seizing Zaria or any other city. Is Ms Onochie unaware that a Judicial panel of enquiry setup by Kaduna state government indicted the Nigeria Army and specifically the 1st Division General Officer Commanding General Adeniyi Oyebade for ordering such massacre of great magnitude on members of the Shiite Islamic Movement of Nigeria in its July 2016 report? Is Ms Onochie unaware that the action by the army to invade the compound of IMN as if there was a war which led to the death of almost a thousand Nigeria citizens in December 2015 was condemned by the judicial panel? Ms Onochie, the massacre you want to justify has been condemned by a constituted judicial panel, I advice you to visit the Kaduna state government Secretariat for the full report.

Moreover, Ms Onochie tried to be clever by half by keeping silent on the marauding terrorists guising as herdsmen that have meted thousands of deaths and pains on innocent Nigerians in every geopolitical zone in the country of which President Buhari watched like nothing happened. People now sleep in fear because nobody knows which community is the next target.

Furthermore, she shamelessly tried to justify the gruesome killing of IPOB and MASSOB members by saying that the Jonathan led administration did same in 2012 and 2013. Is that sane? Is Jonathan now a model for Buhari?

While speaking on Boko Haram, Ms Onochie tried to beat her chest like the famous King Kong but forgot to remind Nigerians that neither Buhari nor his party ever supported military action against the sect. Is Onochie unaware that ACN/ANPP/CPC/APC condemned the state of emergency that was declared in 2013 against the sect by last administration? Is she unaware that APC/ACN/ANPP/CPC condemned the official declaration of Boko Haram being a terrorist organisation in 2013? Is she unaware that neither of the party that formed the APC and the APC itself hailed the decisions of the American and British government to proscribe Boko Haram as foreign terrorist organization? If they had cooperated in the past I am sure that lots of lives that were cut short wouldn't have been.

On the victims of Boko Haram, while we are happy that bombings have been drastically reduced by our Army, we are most concerned that our citizens are left to die of malnutrition in the various IDPs. What we now have is starvation boko haram ravaging the people in IDPs because President Buhari would rather spend £50,000 (N35 million) to fix his ear in the UK than to feed our citizens in IDPs.

In a familiar manner, Ms Onochie wouldn't stop boring Nigerians with the PDP being the bad guys rhetoric. Come to think of it, is Ms Onochie unaware that majority of those in government under APC were also part of decision makers since 1999? How long will Nigeria keep getting this stale rhetoric? Is it sane that after 17 months the government is yet to highlight any achievement other than shifting blame as if it was still in opposition? Wouldn't it be better for the government to shut critics by telling what they have achieved and progress made like in sane societies?

The economy is in terrible state, the government is meant to offer solutions as expected of them from Nigerians. While Kenya just reported economic growth of 6%, Nigeria reported economic fall, yet the government is unconcerned about solutions but throwing jabs at citizens, turning the seat of government into house of banters.

I understand that Ms Onochie is excited about her "plum job" and she desperately want to justify her appointment, but it is unfortunate to say that she has to first enroll for tutorship on image making and public relations if she is to succeed. A tutorship I shall be willing to give her free of charge because I mean well for her. As at now, she has made caricature of the government even more than her principal, the President.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

Tonyebarcanista Culled From Palmchat

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2016
Seriously I can't read all these because every man with his or her own opinion...

Pro APC fans will disagree with you so there is nothing we can do about it...

But on a lighter note, who knows the girl that gave Abacha apple to eat??

She has an offer now!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by DTOBS(m): 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
Good...

Lalasticlala Oya now.... Do the needful
Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by chumada: 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2016
Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by PRYCE01(m): 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2016
I concur!

Even if Deji's ideals do not align with ours, we'll not allow some unschooled miscreants to ride on his rights as a citizen of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Eastactivist: 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2016
Chai tonyebarcanista don't end up making jest of yourself and PDP...

Stop looking for cheap recognition..

Onochie won't even recognize you...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Eastactivist: 5:25pm On Oct 05, 2016
It was onochie right to air her opinion too...

Check our constitution well tonye barcanista
Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Eastactivist: 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2016
If deji was onochie... Tonye won't stoop so low to start telling us about his political career and what position he has hold in the past or which political party he is...

Hypocrite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by abokibuhari: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2016
When next Aisha wan share rice, make una inform barca cause him need rice oooo

If this shiit makes the front page may it not be well with buhari and his ancestors ...

3 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Eastactivist: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2016
Tonyebarcanista I know you are shaming for deji thus the digging of his political position, you want to root him off from pdp at all cost...

What a shame!! Which one is though he is a member of PDP? grin

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by perfectwazobia1: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2016
This is the worst regime in the history of Nigeria, always in the news for the wrong reasons if not for recession , it is to sell national assert or not obeying court order. We put ourselves here.... We need to open our eyes wide next time they come to us to say CHANGE

3 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
Eastactivist:
It was onochie right to air her opinion too...

Check our constitution well tonye barcanista
Onochie is government's spokeswoman and therefore a public servant. Her opinion is seen as that of the government.

STOP SPAMMING THREAD

8 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by reptile1: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
Victoria onochie isnt aware how messy and difficult it could get trying to defend a focus less govt especially at a time when millions of Nigerians are hungry and angry. if she thinks she can do the job lai Mohammed couldn't, well, we shall see how it pans out. she has to gear up and face squarely the E-assassins grin

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by genieluv(f): 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
Hmmm, this woman is now famous.
Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Eastactivist: 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2016
Tonyebarcanista... Ooo

Cheap recognition won't take you nowhere..

Leave ipob alone we don't need your sentiments.

Stop patronizing the ipob they don't need you for anything...

2 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Seriously I can't read all these because every man with his or her own opinion...

She has an offer now!!!!
It is not about APC/PDP it is about calling officers of the government to their senses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Eastactivist: 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2016
Deji was given a hard punch,

Tonye barcanista go and tell deji to go to school if he must face a public servant.
Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Eastactivist: 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Onochie is government's spokeswoman and therefore a public servant. Her opinion is seen as that of the government.

STOP SPAMMING THREAD

Tonye wants to shut me out...

What happens to the freedom of speech enshrined in our constitution...

You dare criticise onochie but can't do equally same to your self...

Are you not an hypocrite tonye...

Two sided man is not a man
Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by vedaxcool(m): 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2016
If only gbawe had paid up, someone would be enjoying Onouchie plum job and have some escape from grinding poverty

4 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Eastactivist: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Ordinarily, I would have ignored the rantings of Lauretta Onochie on her personal attack on a Nigeria citizen Mr Deji Adeyanju who exercised his right to speech by issuing a statement in his personal capacity criticizing President Muhammadu Buhari on his decision to celebrate the 56th Independence of our great in a "low key" without the usual "pump and pageantry" that usually greets such event in the past years including the 55th Anniversary in 2015 under President Buhari.

Though I may not be in agreement with Mr Deji Adeyanju and his criticism of the position of the federal government because I consider it unnecessary, I am deeply concerned with the manner Ms Onochie, a Presidential Aide descended on Nigeria citizen Deji, employing all manner of insults and obscene words.

On reading the tone her response, I had to check the Constitution to confirm if the portion that prescribes right to freedom of speech has been removed. I had to ask myself whether private citizens no longer have right to opinion and even disagree with the government. I must confess that this is the second time since the fourth republic that we'll be witnessing the Presidency verbally attacking a private citizen simply because he holds a view not in consonant with the government- the first was former President Olusegun Obasanjo's verbal attack on singer Eedris Abdulkareem over the singer's "Nigeria jagajaga" hit.

Make no mistake, I am not interested in defending Deji, but to inform Mrs Onochie that she can't shut the mouth of citizens from criticising the actions of government irrespective of whether or not they are right or wrong.

Deji Adeyanju though a member of Peoples Democratic Party, holds no official or unofficial position in the party, he's a private citizen in every definition. He is neither the party's spokesman nor Youth Leader(as claimed by Onochie). In fact, he never held either poisons at any time. For emphasis sake, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, whose office speaks for the party is Prince Dayo Adeyeye, while the office of National Youth Leader is vacant. The position was last held by Comrade Abdulahi Maibasira. Not even the Senator Ali Modu Sheriff's group has Deji as an official or unofficial officeholder. It is therefore a fallacy for Ms Onochie to wage verbal war on Deji because she has made herself to believe that "Deji hold a position in the party and the Youth Leader in a faction of PDP". It is equally unfortunate that that a supposed Presidential Spokeswoman chose to wallow in ignorance when Google search engine would have given her the right information.

ISSUES RAISED BY LAURETTA ONOCHIE
On the issues raised in her response, she justified the military genocidal action against the Shiite by asserting that "The religious sect held Zaria and its environs to ransom for years". However, it has never been heard of in the history of Nigeria that the Shiite sect declared war against the Nigeria State by seizing Zaria or any other city. Is Ms Onochie unaware that a Judicial panel of enquiry setup by Kaduna state government indicted the Nigeria Army and specifically the 1st Division General Officer Commanding General Adeniyi Oyebade for ordering such massacre of great magnitude on members of the Shiite Islamic Movement of Nigeria in its July 2016 report? Is Ms Onochie unaware that the action by the army to invade the compound of IMN as if there was a war which led to the death of almost a thousand Nigeria citizens in December 2015 was condemned by the judicial panel? Ms Onochie, the massacre you want to justify has been condemned by a constituted judicial panel, I advice you to visit the Kaduna state government Secretariat for the full report.

Moreover, Ms Onochie tried to be clever by half by keeping silent on the marauding terrorists guising as herdsmen that have meted thousands of deaths and pains on innocent Nigerians in every geopolitical zone in the country of which President Buhari watched like nothing happened. People now sleep in fear because nobody knows which community is the next target.

Furthermore, she shamelessly tried to justify the gruesome killing of IPOB and MASSOB members by saying that the Jonathan led administration did same in 2012 and 2013. Is that sane? Is Jonathan now a model for Buhari?

While speaking on Boko Haram, Ms Onochie tried to beat her chest like the famous King Kong but forgot to remind Nigerians that neither Buhari nor his party ever supported military action against the sect. Is Onochie unaware that ACN/ANPP/CPC/APC condemned the state of emergency that was declared in 2013 against the sect by last administration? Is she unaware that APC/ACN/ANPP/CPC condemned the official declaration of Boko Haram being a terrorist organisation in 2013? Is she unaware that neither of the party that formed the APC and the APC itself hailed the decisions of the American and British government to proscribe Boko Haram as foreign terrorist organization? If they had cooperated in the past I am sure that lots of lives that were cut short wouldn't have been.

On the victims of Boko Haram, while we are happy that bombings have been drastically reduced by our Army, we are most concerned that our citizens are left to die of malnutrition in the various IDPs. What we now have is starvation boko haram ravaging the people in IDPs because President Buhari would rather spend £50,000 (N35 million) to fix his ear in the UK than to feed our citizens in IDPs.

In a familiar manner, Ms Onochie wouldn't stop boring Nigerians with the PDP being the bad guys rhetoric. Come to think of it, is Ms Onochie unaware that majority of those in government under APC were also part of decision makers since 1999? How long will Nigeria keep getting this stale rhetoric? Is it sane that after 17 months the government is yet to highlight any achievement other than shifting blame as if it was still in opposition? Wouldn't it be better for the government to shut critics by telling what they have achieved and progress made like in sane societies?

The economy is in terrible state, the government is meant to offer solutions as expected of them from Nigerians. While Kenya just reported economic growth of 6%, Nigeria reported economic fall, yet the government is unconcerned about solutions but throwing jabs at citizens, turning the seat of government into house of banters.

I understand that Ms Onochie is excited about her "plum job" and she desperately want to justify her appointment, but it is unfortunate to say that she has to first enroll for tutorship on image making and public relations if she is to succeed. A tutorship I shall be willing to give her free of charge because I mean well for her. As at now, she has made caricature of the government even more than her principal, the President.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

Tonyebarcanista

If you are onochie won't you do the same at the bolded...

Tonye let the woman do her job, if you want to do opposition is not this type of character assasination is the way to go...
Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by adconline(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2016
Also, Garba Shehu, who was Atiku and PDP's spokesman is now telling us how PDP destroyed Naija in 16 years. Many Nigerians crave to be lied to by politrickians!

4 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by PaulIdu: 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2016
Eastactivist:
Chai tonyebarcanista don't end up making jest of yourself and PDP...

Stop looking for cheap recognition..

Onochie won't even recognize you...

What has recognition got to do with this articulate concise and truthful article which I consider more advisory than critical.
Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Eastactivist: 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2016
Tonyebarcanista if is not about PDP or APC why the character smearing on the peron of onochie...

Is it that you are jealous of the woman plum job? grin
Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2016
adconline:
Also, Garba Shehu, who was Atiku and PDP's spokesman is now telling us how PDP destroyed Naija in 16 years. Many Nigerians crave to be lied to by politrickians!
That's the irony of it all
PaulIdu:

What has recognition got to do with this articulate concise and truthful article which I consider more advisory than critical.
Ignore him

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Eastactivist: 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2016
PaulIdu:

Tell me how does this matter relate with tonyebarcanista...

This is either character assassination or an act of jealousy BC of her plum job or an act of cheap recognition sire.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by idensko(m): 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
[b]While speaking on Boko Haram, Ms Onochie tried to beat her chest like the famous King Kong but forgot to remind Nigerians that neither Buhari nor his party ever supported military action against the sect. Is Onochie unaware that ACN/ANPP/CPC/APC condemned the state of emergency that was declared in 2013 against the sect by last administration? Is she unaware that APC/ACN/ANPP/CPC condemned the official declaration of Boko Haram being a terrorist organisation in 2013? Is she unaware that neither of the party that formed the APC and the APC itself hailed the decisions of the American and British government to proscribe Boko Haram as foreign terrorist organization? If they had cooperated in the past I am sure that lots of lives that were cut short wouldn't have been.

[/b]

Most people has forgotten so fast.

These oppositions then were the real problem of Nigeria.
I remembered how they wrote to US Government, telling them not to sale arms to us.

a sovereignt nation like Nigeria has to Buy it's arms from Black market.
Dasuki & co took advantage of these shady black market deals.

If only they did not oppose Jonathan fight against these Boko haram,
Their may not be Bokoharam for them to fight.

Karma!!!!

You made my day.

I always enjoy ur piece.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Young03(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2016
mehn...e no easy to read this novel finish

kudos myself

NB: I HAVE NOTHING MEANINGFUL TO CONTRIBUTE, I BETTER SHUT UP

THANKS
Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Energito11: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

She has an offer now!!!!
;

2 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
Tonye will never cease to amaze discerning minds. He laced his article with subtle hints to Deji on his status in the PDD and in the same breath he leapt to his defence.

By the way Barca, what Onochie did is not a new thing. President Jonathan had to hire Dr Doyin Okupe because Dr Reuben Abati could not get into the mud with his political adversaries. A thing Dr Okupe is well notorious for. Tayo Ogunlesi is obviously too urbane to fight dirty with Burahi's critics which necessitated the appointment of this tigress.

Besides, without holding brief for Onochie, you said in your article that she referred to Deji as the youth leader of the PDP. Could we not then excuse her uncouth words on Deji as a case of mistaken identity since she was not aware that he has been axed from his position?

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by Eastactivist: 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

That's the irony of it all
Ignore the troll

You know am making a valid point so I don't care if you call me a trolll...

But tonye you are a product of cheap recognition...

Stop patronizing and deceiving the masses...

Tell us your mission and vision not character assassination out of jealousy..

Don't kill opposition for us as our anti APC crooners will loose interest..

We don't fancy blame game

2 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie Has Only Made Caricature Of The Government by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2016
idensko:
[b]While speaking on Boko Haram, Ms Onochie tried to beat her chest like the famous King Kong but forgot to remind Nigerians that neither Buhari nor his party ever supported military action against the sect. Is Onochie unaware that ACN/ANPP/CPC/APC condemned the state of emergency that was declared in 2013 against the sect by last administration? Is she unaware that APC/ACN/ANPP/CPC condemned the official declaration of Boko Haram being a terrorist organisation in 2013? Is she unaware that neither of the party that formed the APC and the APC itself hailed the decisions of the American and British government to proscribe Boko Haram as foreign terrorist organization? If they had cooperated in the past I am sure that lots of lives that were cut short wouldn't have been.

[/b]

You made my day.

I always enjoy ur piece.

It's a pleasure brother

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Bridge Collapse At Mokwa-jebba Road, Kwara State / What Happened To President Buhari's Hair / Breaking News: The Real Truth Behind The Appointment Of Northern CBN Deputy Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.