Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. (27559 Views)

Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / How I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified Or Trained For / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Nateben(m): 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2016
It can only be a Miracle.
I've been jobless for close to 1 year now, no place to go, depression and brokeness.
So, on that faithful Sunday, the very last week of September, my brothers friend came to the house, we got talking and I made mention of my condition, before he left, he took my contact, and told me I'll hear from him.
So last week Monday, he asked me to come to his office at VI, he works with a well known bank in this country, I got there before 10am and met him in his office, he was telling me about the nature of the job, and just as he got to the part of asking how much I would like as my salary, his boss walked in to pick a document, and as he was leaving, the guy drew his attention, by telling him that I am the guy for the inventory job, he shook me and sat down, then asked if I like the job, and I replied Yes. He then asked if I was married, I replied No, he asked lots of questions, which I just gave simple replies. At last he asked me to choose monthly or weekly pay, I quickly chose weekly, then he asked how much I want per week, I didn't waste time in saying 30k, he was silent for some seconds and asked if I am good with Excel and I said No. He smiled and said he wouldn't pay me such amount if I'm not good with Excel, he offered 20k and asked me to bring someone who is good with Excel to be collecting 10k per week, with free transport, breakfast and lunch, before I could say jack, that my brothers friend said he has a sister who would do the typing, so his boss got up, and asked me to start on Tuesday and left.

Nature of my job....
They have so many tagged cartons, with big files inside, my job is to write down the tag number on the carton, then open it, and write down the contents, some cartons contain only two files inside, I just write down what is written on the two files...

I come out by 7 in the morning at my Junction, and office bus picks me up, I don't follow them back because I close by 4, and I can wear anything I want to work. On Friday, I was still on my way to work when alert came in, I was payed in full, despite starting on Tuesday...

So, to anyone looking or hoping for a job, be prayerful, God still answers prayers, but I advise you to learn Microsoft Office, full package, it really helps...

Peace I'm out.

417 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by macaranta(m): 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2016
Congrats man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by jopretty(f): 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2016
Congratulations dear Op. Baba God pick up my call oo, I don call, text plus flash untop this matter, biko pick up.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Tallesty1(m): 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
I really love the fact that you gave him simple, direct and honest answers. You're an honest person and I think that's why he employed you.

I now believe the saying that problem shared is half solved

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Divinetunes1: 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
congratss bro. Pls help a brother out shud incase any opportunity comes up. I'm in dire need of a job. Thanks!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Akalia(m): 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2016
OP I key into your testimony. Amen!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by idu1(m): 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nateben:
It can only be a Miracle.
I've been jobless for close to 1 year now, no place to go, depression and brokeness.
So, on that faithful Sunday, the very last week of September, my brothers friend came to the house, we got talking and I made mention of my condition, before he left, he took my contact, and told me I'll hear from him.
So last week Monday, he asked me to come to his office at VI, he works with a well known bank in this country, I got there before 10am and met him in his office, he was telling me about the nature of the job, and just as he got to the part of asking how much I would like as my salary, his boss walked in to pick a document, and as he was leaving, the guy drew his attention, by telling him that I am the guy for the inventory job, he shook me and sat down, then asked if I like the job, and I replied Yes. He then asked if I was married, I replied No, he asked lots of questions, which I just gave simple replies. At last he asked me to choose monthly or weekly pay, I quickly chose weekly, then he asked how much I want per week, I didn't waste time in saying 30k, he was silent for some seconds and asked if I am good with Excel and I said No. He smiled and said he wouldn't pay me such amount if I'm not good with Excel, he offered 20k and asked me to bring someone who is good with Excel to be collecting 10k per week, with free transport, breakfast and lunch, before I could say jack, that my brothers friend said he has a sister who would do the typing, so his boss got up, and asked me to start on Tuesday and left.

Nature of my job....
They have so many tagged cartons, with big files inside, my job is to write down the tag number on the carton, then open it, and write down the contents, some cartons contain only two files inside, I just write down what is written on the two files...

I come out by 7 in the morning at my Junction, and office bus picks me up, I don't follow them back because I close by 4, and I can wear anything I want to work. On Friday, I was still on my way to work when alert came in, I was payed in full, despite starting on Tuesday...

So, to anyone looking or hoping for a job, be prayerful, God still answers prayers, but I advise you to learn Microsoft Office, full package, it really helps...

Peace I'm out.
how many months have you been staying at home without learning anything including 'EXCEL'? Many graduates for this country no no any thing. Na your brother's frd save you!

34 Likes

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Zirah: 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2016
I'm happy for you Nateben. Your interview was smooth and good. You were highly favoured.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Zirah: 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
Even if he doesn't know excel, one thing you should learn from his story is that honesty pays which perhaps is a quality you lack.

idu1:
how many months have you been staying at home without learning anything including 'EXCEL'? Many graduates for this country no no any thing. Na your brother's frd save you!

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by zeezou2(m): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
Congrats@op. May Almighty God ans those still searching...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2016
Congrats Bro, someday people will tell me congrats as im teln you. Amen

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by idu1(m): 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2016
Zirah:
Even if he doesn't know excel, one thing you should learn from his story is that honesty pays which perhaps is a quality you lack.

who lack honesty?

1 Like

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by DozieInc(m): 9:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
Happy for you bruh, you have favoured.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by engrflames: 9:05pm On Oct 05, 2016
idu1:

Who excel don help? I have a friend with a lot of IT certification yet he's jobless, this is just favour in the making.
You shelf wetin you know?

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by donskinic(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2016
Congrate bro, happy for u....

1 Like

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Jerryojozy(m): 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
congrats man.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by soulhighman(m): 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
idu1:
STFU, you jes dey talk any how. Do you even know whether he didn't have the opportunity to learn it? Myself for instance, I didn't have such opportunity and I had been willing to learn it. Its jes now that I have the opportunity, I got my first laptop last week and I got an eBook already, which treats it extensively.
Before the end of this first trimester of my MSC, I hope to have mastered it.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Zirah: 10:15pm On Oct 05, 2016
Who "lacks" not who lack. See person wey dey critise another yet he no sabi speak correct English.

idu1:
who lack honesty?

23 Likes

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by idu1(m): 10:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
Zirah:
Who "lacks" not who lack. See person wey dey critise another yet he no sabi speak correct English.

I pity your condition.

Kpele.

Job go soon come u hear

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by danieljessy: 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
idu1:
Many graduates for this country no no any thing. Na your brother's frd save you!
And a person like u,wu dos'nt appreciatiate oda's n lacks manners will find it difficult gettting a job even if u know it all

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
That the Op was this lucky does not mean everyone else would. Any young graduate in this century that does not know how to use basic office tool like Excel does not deserve to be called a graduate. Yes, I just said that! angry

Lastmumu

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by trebron(m): 11:42pm On Oct 05, 2016
Congrats.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by malton: 6:00am On Oct 06, 2016
Op, you very much merited it.

Your securing the job is divine.

Learn and improve on the job and the sky shall be your limit.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by malton: 6:02am On Oct 06, 2016
LastMumu:
That the Op was this lucky does not mean everyone else would. Any young graduate in this century that does not know how to use basic office tool like Excel does not deserve to be called a graduate. Yes, I just said that! angry

Lastmumu

You know not what you're saying. Not everyone was born privileged.

Some people had to earn to cater to basic needs of life.

Computer skills should be the last thing on the mind of a man living from day to day.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by DTOBS(m): 7:04am On Oct 06, 2016
Thank God for your life...

1 Like

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by gonkin(m): 7:35am On Oct 06, 2016
WHAT OF ME WEN BE GOD FOR EXCEL, POWERPOINT, COREL DRAW, and thats just the ICT part

The technical part na dead. Over 9 certifications and practically a hobby adapter yet no JOB

MY GUY GOD HAS FAVOURED YOU. FOR THIS RECESSIVE REGIME ITS EVEN HARDER TO GET A JOB.

JUST CLAP FOR YOUR BROTHER

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by ev4real(m): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2016
soulhighman:

STFU, you jes dey talk any how. Do you even know whether he didn't have the opportunity to learn it? Myself for instance, I didn't have such opportunity and I had been willing to learn it. Its jes now that I have the opportunity, I got my first laptop last week and I got an eBook already, which treats it extensively.
Before the end of this first trimester of my MSC, I hope to have mastered it.
Good morning bro, can you help a brother out with the eBook? will really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Dshocker(m): 9:17am On Oct 06, 2016
Nothing is impossible that God cannot do.
Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by geostrata(m): 9:18am On Oct 06, 2016
shocked
Op: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For

Nairalander: Bro, Since you are not qualified for the job, resign make i com take your position, i have feeeling am more qualified

Op: The Thunder that will fire you is loading like APC campaign promises grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Edwardhead(m): 9:18am On Oct 06, 2016
grin grin grin those people that normally come up with topics like, How to write CV, How to do this... where una dey, OP get job without any of your topics... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 06, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: I Got A Good Job I'm Not Qualified For.. by Analee(f): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2016
Zirah:

abeeg is it by excel?ppl who even av d excel plus professional certification,who d certificate n excel don epp?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FRSC Recruitment: Applicant Faints In Kogi, Others In Critical Condition / What Do You Know About NewEdge Financial Limited / MSc Holder Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Abbreviations In His Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.