Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures (802 Views)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Scripture Library: Scriptures from the Bible and their meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by muhsin(m): 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2009
Hi there,

I have been longing to know of what's said in the Christain scriptures concerning apostates. Is apostasy a sin or not? If the answer there is yes, meaning apostate is a sin, then what is his punishment. More-over, if there is a punishment who is responsible to carry-out the punishment.

Waiting for your sincere responses.

Thanks
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by AloyEmeka6: 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2009
There is no punishment for apostates in Christianity . As a matter of fact, the supposed apostates are referred to as backsliders and the only punishment therein is we pray hard for them to repent from their sins and turn back to Christ before they die. There is no law in Christianity that gives death sentence to anybody. Stop comparing christianity with islam because they don't look alike in every shape and form. Its muslims that try hard to align, compare and contrast the two religions but Christians do not. Its muslims that knows every chapter and verse of the bible but christians know nada about the quran. Ever ask yourself why?.
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by muhsin(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2009
Thanks for the prompt response, Aloy~Emeka.

But you seem to have missed my point; although am a Muslim, as known most of you, but I prepare not to say anything Islamic here for I'm only and only interested in knowing what's said in the Bibles. So, pack my faith aside, pls.

Secondly, re-read the OP or even the its title: I say Gospels. . .that include both OT and NT. And, you should note; I'd not begun this thread without some inclinations about whats said. If I am to elaborate I would say explanations. . .and not just whats said. Get that?

Thanks once again
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by Abuzola(m): 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2009
@muhsin- Aloy emeka lied the book of deuteronomy says death is the punishment for apostate
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by AloyEmeka6: 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2009
muhsin:

Thanks for the prompt response, Aloy~Emeka.

But you seem to have missed my point; although am a Muslim, as known most of you, but I prepare not to say anything Islamic here for I'm only and only interested in knowing what's said in the Bibles. So, pack my faith aside, pls.

Secondly, re-read the OP or even the its title: I say Gospels. . .that include both OT and NT. And, you should note; I'd not begun this thread without some inclinations about whats said. If I am to elaborate I would say explanations. . .and not just whats said. Get that?

Thanks once again

Go and check the meaning of gospels before asking your question. Gospel means the teachings of Jesus Christ. There is nothing like the gospels in the old testament.
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by AloyEmeka6: 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2009
Abuzola:

@muhsin- Aloy emeka lied the book of deuteronomy says death is the punishment for apostate
Where?
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by muhsin(m): 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2009
@Abuzola,

Don't force anything down to Emeka's throat. Let him or any other sincere Christian respond.

Thanks
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by Abuzola(m): 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2009
Deuteronomy 13:6-13

'If your brother, the son of your mother or your son or your daughter, or the wife of your bossom, or your friend who is as your own soul, entices you secretly saying,'let us go and serve other gods, which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the people that are round about you, whether near you or faraway, from you, from one end of the earth to another.

You shall not yield to him nor shall your eye pity him nor shall you spare him nor shall you conceal him.

You shall shall kill him, your hand shall be the first against him to put him to death and afterwards the hand of all the people.

You shall stone him to death with stones because he sought to draw you away from your Lord ,your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage

And all Israel shall hear and fear and never again do any such wickedness as this among you'

Allahu akbar, he will be crucified because he is an apostate
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by muhsin(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Go and check the meaning of gospels before asking your question. Gospel means the teachings of Jesus Christ. There is nothing like the gospels in the old testament.

Twofold case:

1- I am really meant to write Scriptures as thats what you are referred in the Qur'an. Thus I'll edit the thread's title right-away, inshaAllah.

2- I was wrong by writing Gospels. . .and I am correct, for Jesus's had not come to destroyed the teachings of Moses, which is in OT. Isn't it?

Thanks
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2009
where does it say in the koran that Jesus came to destroy the teachings of Moses?
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by Abuzola(m): 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2009
Stinking lady
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by muhsin(m): 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2009
tpia.:

where does it say in the koran that Jesus came to destroy the teachings of Moses?

Who says this and where?
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by muhsin(m): 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2009
Abuzola:

Stinking lady

Softly, Abuzola. embarassed
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by AloyEmeka6: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2009
muhsin:

Twofold case:

1- I am really meant to write Scriptures as thats what you are referred in the Qur'an. Thus I'll edit the thread's title right-away, inshaAllah.

2- I was wrong by writing Gospels. . .and I am correct, for Jesus's had not come to destroyed the teachings of Moses, which is in OT. Isn't it?

Thanks

What are the teachings of Moses?. You think the old testament is all about the teachings of Moses while the new testament is the teachings of Jesus?. Also, show me in the OT where Moses taught his people to kill unbelievers?. You lack an in depth understanding of the bible and from what I am seeing, you will sink further into a hole if you cannot to toe this line of argument.
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by AloyEmeka6: 4:53pm On Oct 17, 2009
Abuzola:

Deuteronomy 13:6-13

'If your brother, the son of your mother or your son or your daughter, or the wife of your bossom, or your friend who is as your own soul, entices you secretly saying,'let us go and serve other gods, which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the people that are round about you, whether near you or faraway, from you, from one end of the earth to another.

You shall not yield to him nor shall your eye pity him nor shall you spare him nor shall you conceal him.

You shall shall kill him, your hand shall be the first against him to put him to death and afterwards  the hand of all the people.

You shall stone him to death with stones because he sought to draw you away from your Lord ,your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage

And all Israel shall hear  and fear and never again do any such wickedness as this among you'

Allahu akbar, he will be crucified because he is an apostate

That is the reason why Christ came and changing the laws of Moses was the reason why he was crucified or why do you think the Jews killed him?. What you wrote above is the Jewish law and is not practiced in Christianity albeit in the new testament. The Christian religion was founded on the life and teachings of Jesus and not the teachings of Moses. There are instances in the NT where Jesus faulted the laws of Moses and this angered the custodians of these laws like Olabowale and co behaves anytime you question ancient laws in their quran they still uphold. The holy spirit is the teacher of all things and until you guys submit to the spirit of God, you can never see light.

Here are Jesus' teachings on issues of apostasy.
Shun them.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? ,  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord. -- 2 Corinthians 6:14-17
Love and be kind to them.

Love thy neighbor as thyself. --  Matthew 22:39, Mark 12:31, Luke 10:27, Romans 13:9-10, Galatians 5:14, James 2:8
Love your enemies. -- Matthew 5:44, Luke 6:27
Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. -- Matthew 7:12, Luke 6:31
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by muhsin(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

What are the teachings of Moses?. You think the old testament is all about the teachings of Moses while the new testament is the teachings of Jesus?. Also, show me in the OT where Moses taught his people to kill unbelievers?. You lack an in depth understanding of the bible and from what I am seeing, you will sink further into a hole if you cannot to toe this line of argument.

I have never claimed myself having in depth knowledge of bibles. That is the prime purpose of this thread; to learn.

But for certain, OT contains teaching of Moses and NT of Jesus.

And lastly, an unbeliever is not an apostate. Is he?
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by AloyEmeka6: 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2009
muhsin:

I have never claimed myself having in depth knowledge of bibles. That is the prime purpose of this thread; to learn.

But for certain, OT contains teaching of Moses and NT of Jesus.

And lastly, an unbeliever is not an apostate. Is he?

Literally he is. If he used to be a christian and dumped his faith for some reason, he is referred to as a back slider and as such an unbeliever. An unbeliever is someone who does not believe in a cause. I am an islamic unbeliever, a capital punishment unbeliever, an unbeliever in our current super eagles etc.
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by muhsin(m): 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

That is the reason why Christ came and changing the laws of Moses was the reason why he was crucified or why do you think the Jews killed him?. What you wrote above is the Jewish law and is not practiced in Christianity albeit in the new testament. The Christian religion was founded on the life and teachings of Jesus and not the teachings of Moses. There are instances in the NT where Jesus faulted the laws of Moses and this angered the custodians of these laws like Olabowale and co behaves anytime you question ancient laws in their quran they still uphold. The holy spirit is the teacher of all things and until you guys submit to the spirit of God, you can never see light.

You folks always miss some very significant things; although in your scriptures, but you never see them rightly.

One, these "books" are divine revelation from one and only GOD to His messengers, thus their true teachings (unless in a few instances; and with reasons) are virtually the same. If you come across some of these changes are mostly due to abrogation. For instance, some NT verses abrogate some OT verses, likewise some Qur'an verses abrogate NT & OT verses. It goes like this. . .
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by muhsin(m): 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Literally he is. If he used to be a christian and dumped his faith for some reason, he is referred to as a back slider and as such an unbeliever. An unbeliever is someone who does not believe in a cause. I am an islamic unbeliever, a capital punishment unbeliever, an unbeliever in our current super eagles etc.

LOL grin Emeka. You had me smiling at your last line.

To business: check up the meaning of these two words and see; they do not mean the same, I repeat.
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by AloyEmeka6: 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2009
muhsin:

You folks always miss some very significant things; although in your scriptures, but you never see them rightly.

One, these "books" are divine revelation from one and only GOD to His messengers, thus their true teachings (unless in a few instances; and with reasons) are virtually the same. If you come across some of these changes are mostly due to abrogation. For instance, some NT verses abrogate some OT verses, likewise some Qur'an verses abrogate NT & OT verses. It goes like this. . .

That is the major difference between islam and christianity. Islam tends to draw instances from the bible and make comparisons but christianity has no such thing and that's why there are more muslims who knows a few things about the bible than christians who knows something about the quran. Christians are absorbed in their religion in its entirety that they care less about the religion next door and we are taught to approach every situation with prayers and not arms and ammunition. So, it is impossible to declare a fatwa or punish an apostate in Christianity because we ought to pray for them and not physically harm them. Christ taught us to love our neighbors as we love ourselves and you can't chop off the limbs of someone you love so much, can you?.

You can now see why muslims aggravate and start killing innocent people because they are not muslims not only in Northern Nigeria but across the world but you cannot hear about Christians killing people because they refused to believe in their religion.
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by aomom(m): 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2009
B4 I will analyse this issue lemmie drop this here pls open

Hebrew 10 vs 26---end
Hebrew 6 vs 4--till end
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by Abuzola(m): 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2009
Caught in a corner. Very good muhsin.

@aloy, what u quoted is simply not pertinent to what we are discussing, i can as well quote diferent verses of the Quran that have to do with kindness using it to refute any attempt on apostate in islam meanwhile there is a direct instruction on apostate in the book of hadith instead of going round the table, thats what you did.

Provide one verse that abolish the law of apostasy and lets settle the strive
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by muhsin(m): 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2009
Abuzola:

Caught in a corner. Very good muhsin.

LOL grin Thanks

@aloy, what u quoted is simply not pertinent to what we are discussing, i can as well quote diferent verses of the Quran that have to do with kindness using it to refute any attempt on apostate in islam meanwhile there is a direct instruction on apostate in the book of hadith instead of going round the table, thats what you did.

Provide one verse that abolish the law of apostasy and lets settle the strive

I am too waiting for this, Emeka.

Where have you been? Hope you are cool.
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by Abuzola(m): 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2009
Eloy emeka, come here now
Re: Question: Apostates In The Christian Scriptures by Muhseen(m): 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2009
No answer? grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

After Death I.e In The Grave / "why Do I Feel As I Do About My Religion?" / The Blood Of Jesus - Agent For The New Covenant Or Battle Axe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.