Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election (8860 Views)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgment in PDP Leadership Tussle / PDP NASS Caucus Meet To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election / 2019: Atiku, Dankwambo Fingered In PDP Leadership Tussle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by mumuto: 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
ABUJA- The National Leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under the Chairmanship of Senator Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi, yesterday met with the party’s caucus of both the Senate and the House of Representatives, with a vow to drag the All Progressives Congress, APC to court over the just concluded Edo State gubernatorial election.

According to them, they were optimistic that the PDP would get the victory, just as they said that they have confidence in the judiciary.

Makarfi led other members of his team to brief NASS caucus on the decisions taken so far to have lasting peace in the party, especially the move to put in place a twenty- four member team from both sides of Senator Ali Modu Sheriff and that of Makarfi.

The Meeting was convened at the instance of the National Caretaker Committee briefed members of the National Assembly on the state of affairs of the Party since after the last National Convention in Port Harcourt, Rivers State; especially on the ongoing reconciliation process.

According to the National Chairman, the Meeting was to assist leadership of the Party harvest more ideas and be guided towards achieving the mandate of rebuilding the Party and strategize to return the PDP to power in 2019 not only with majority of states, but also reclaiming the Center, the meeting unanimously endorsed the peace process initiated by the National Caretaker Committee to reconcile all aggrieved members of the Party.

The Party leadership maintained that there is no faction in the PDP, but grievances amongst Party members and that will be resolved soonest.

Speaking to Journalists after the meeting, PDP National Publicity Secretary, Prince Dayo Adeyeye who noted that Edo issue was discussed at the meeting, “We discussed it. We know that we were we robbed in Edo State. We believe that we will have our day in court. And by the grace of God, we still have confidence in the judiciary. What happened in Edo State will not stand. ”

Speaking further on the meeting, Adeyeye said, “The members of the National Caretaker Committee led by Senator Ahmed Makarfi came in here today to brief our National Assembly Caucus. The Minority Leader of the House of Representatives is here, the DSP was also here. We had very good representation at this meeting.

“Basically, it was to brief them on new developments in the party, particularly relating to the peace efforts that we are making in the party. We have to put them into confidence in some of the actions we have taken lately. And ask for their own contribution because after all they are major critical stakeholders. They put us there, we need to consult with them, we need to brief them on developments from time to time.

“And I’m happy to say that after the review of what has happened, we have come to the conclusion that the peace efforts already taken by the caretaker committee are in order. And the National Assembly Caucus have given full endorsement to all the efforts made so far by the National Caretaker Committee to reconcile all the aggrieved members of this great party.

On why the other faction was not at the meeting, he said, “We don’t have any faction in PDP. I’ve said some people are aggrieved. And we are trying to make peace with everybody. The PDP is one single body. In every party, you have people who could be aggrieved from time to time. And we are making efforts to reconcile everybody together. ”

In his opening remarks, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu who thanked members for taking time out of their busy schedule to attend the Meeting, however expressed appreciation for the recognition accorded them by the National Caretaker Committee for the briefing.

In the same vein, the Minority Leaders of Senate and House of Representatives, Senator Godswill Akpabio, and leader, House of Representatives, Hon. Leo Ogor in their goodwill messages respectively, eulogized the collective responsibility of the leadership style of the National Chairman and his team especially in their pursuit for peace and unity in our Party.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/pdp-leadership-nass-caucus-meet-drag-apc-court-edo-election/

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by madridguy(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ok
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by JBUZZ: 8:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
Wailers vs Zombies grin
The drama continues...

This is what happens when Zombies rob Wailers at daylight.
Zombies and robbery are like

5 Likes

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by joeprince23(m): 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2016
That sham of an election should not stand,sometimes i feel edo is not even a true niger-delta state, no dogedness of igbos and ijos(ND) in edolites. Thats why i trust my rivers state,we sabi politics and if u want trouble we go give you double

18 Likes

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by id911(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
joeprince23:
That sham of an election should not stand,sometimes i feel edo is not even a true niger-delta state, no dogedness of igbos and ijos(ND) in edolites. Thats why i trust my rivers state,we sabi politics and if u want trouble we go give you double

We don't need Edo in Niger Delta, we donate them to Afonja.

22 Likes

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by TPAND(f): 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2016
This is a strong move by NASS PDP Cacus. The electoral reform that gave APC the majority, won them majority at the National Assembly, is being bastardized by the tyrannical and devil-may-care administration of Buahri.

The worst of Edo election, was the announcement of results for 3wards that didn't vote.

Jega what happened to your legacies.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by WATCHOVER(m): 10:08pm On Oct 05, 2016
TPAND:
This is a strong move by NASS PDP Cacus. The electoral reform that gave APC the majority, won them majority at the National Assembly, is being bastardized by the tyrannical and devil-may-care administration of Buahri.

The worst of Edo election, was the announcement of results for 3wards that didn't vote.

Jega what happened to your legacies.
Don't mind INEC.
Everybody knows that PDP won the Edo election convincingly.
I knew APC was going to fail when Buhari came to Samuel Ogbemudia stadium and said that I vote for Obaseki was a vote for him, dis made the hatred for APC to grow more to the extent when Oshiomhole came to New Benin majority was seeing Oshiomhole as a talkative.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by Abagworo(m): 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2016
PDP is just making useless noise. APC on the other hand are being too kind. They seriously need to deal with PDP

5 Likes

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by mumuto: 6:46am On Oct 06, 2016
id911:

grin
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by Seun4FastLoans(f): 7:53am On Oct 06, 2016
Okay

1 Like

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by Beesluv: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2016
Hmmmm, enemies
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by yungcyrus(m): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2016
APC dey lead us enter gutter..

Meanwhile till 1 dollar become 1000 naira..till naija turn refugee camp.

una eye go clear......

meanwhile I need hardship allowance too
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2016
Cool
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by martineverest(m): 7:55am On Oct 06, 2016
mtchrwww! Same way fayemi wnt to court after contesting against nigerian army.

Pdp is dead,simple!

4 Likes

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by Benjom(m): 7:55am On Oct 06, 2016
As long as due process is followed then no "lele".
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by teejaykkr(m): 7:57am On Oct 06, 2016
Ok
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by frankwyte: 7:57am On Oct 06, 2016
I think that's a bold step for following lay-down procedure in seeking redress rather than seeking for self-help and making the state ungovernable like APC are known for.

1 Like

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by eedrissa01: 7:58am On Oct 06, 2016
If truly you have genuine evidence to back the case......wish u guys best of luck
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by olumaxi(m): 8:00am On Oct 06, 2016
Bring ursefs unto me....i am d judge
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by Opinedecandid(m): 8:01am On Oct 06, 2016
Do that, asap. Their rigging too much.
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by Young03(m): 8:04am On Oct 06, 2016
oshio did dsame during their tym

carry them go
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 06, 2016
id911:

thanks, flat heads

7 Likes

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by Slymonster(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2016
do they want to bribe judges too lol..instead of all this idiot to be putting pressure on buhari in this recession just the way apc did to pdp.They are thinking about Edo state election that apc won.So pdp party are now Saint lol..
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by Alexander24(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2016
Pls why is it that wen apc win there will be tubule
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by drexy02: 8:11am On Oct 06, 2016
grin PDP is dead and buried . Kowa all the way come 2019 because APC is a potential failure

1 Like

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by yekparikpa(m): 8:13am On Oct 06, 2016
And the lawyers keeps smiling to the bank!
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by davodyguy: 8:20am On Oct 06, 2016
Not only APC oo, but drag all the Indigenes of the 12 LGAs that voted for APC too. Yeye people

5 Likes

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by Opharhe: 8:21am On Oct 06, 2016
id911:

How can you make this kind of statement? Donating a whole state, ancient Empire builders... Everything no be joke abeg. Mind you, there are some Igbos in Edo state also.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by kristisking(m): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2016
Day light robbery. I have never seen such a monumental rigging in an election. Yet these people went around celebrating a victory they didnt deserve. I am not a PDP apologist, but let the truth be told. The election was massively rigged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by VitaminB12(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2016
joeprince23:
if na to harass their fellow people in the name of useless cultism, dey go carry first position.
Re: PDP Leadership, NASS Caucus Meet, To Drag APC To Court Over Edo Election by ChangetheChange: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2016
grin

Obaseki is a caretaker committee Governor

He will soon be booted out of the court.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Concerns About Including Non-igbo Southsouth In The Biafran Struggle. / Omo-Agege Never Convicted In US — Court / What Does It Mean To Be A Nigerian Political Delegate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.