Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

We Are NIGERIANS But We Do Not See Ourselves As Such - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are NIGERIANS But We Do Not See Ourselves As Such (419 Views)

El-rufai To Buhari "You Can Fool Gullible Nigerians, But You Cannot Fool The Wor / You Can Fool Gullible Nigerians, But You Can’t Fool The World - Reno Tells Pmb / Drama In Turkey - Immigration Officials Will Deport Nigerians But Not Biafrans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are NIGERIANS But We Do Not See Ourselves As Such by victme1(m): 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
We see ourselves as Edo, Kanuri, Saki, Northerners, Easterners, Westerners.
We see ourselves according to our lives in our streets, in our clubs in the work we do, the different churches, the different mosque we attend the Traditional worship we practice, but definitely not as a citizen of Nigeria.
We see ourselves as individuals majorly that ought to fend for self. Every other citizens can die for all we care as individuals.
Yes we profess love to one another, parent loving their children, wives loving their hubby etc it takes commitment to execute such.

Commitment. That is where I am going. Do we as Nigerians have a sense of commitment to our country, do we care, NO is the answer. We feel Nigeria is in Abuja or in papers, better put Nigeria is an abstract thing in the mind if its citizens.
That is why we do not fight to defend our birthright that us why we will kill an okada thief, a pickpocket, we form vigilante groups to defend our little cluster because we have a common cause to protect.

For Nigeria our country, does it exist, may be in faraway! Where we cannot touch or reach.. May be in the abstract of our minds

Now is the time for awakening. As small as that cluster we fight to defend so is our beloved country we fight to defend.

How can we defend an abstract nation that some people are bothering us with? It is none of my business if some select few Nigerians wharehoused stolen money meant for Nigerians for their sick lust for wealth we will hail them!

But I tell you, we are Nigerians and should be proud and grateful for that.

I have a question to us Nigerians, how do we become a Nigerian without a commitment from our individual self? Why should we support a Nigeria where we do not have a commitment or a say!
Some select few our causing us misery that we do not deserve experiencing. We are a blessed nation!

Well my surmise is, let us all make a commitment that will make us fight for the survival of our beloved country .let us make a sacrifice, a sacrificial offering! That will give us oneness of purpose.

HOW?..........

Pls bear my use of English.

(1) (Reply)

A Legacy Of Brutality As Nigeria Police Goes Unhinged / PHOTO: Sen. Ashafa Visits School Where 4 Students Where Kidnapped / ECOWAS Court Adjourns N500bn Suit Filed Against FG By Anti-fulani Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.