Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum (12839 Views)

Reps Reject Move To Observe One Minute Silence For Late Ken Saro Wiwa / 160 Reps Reject Official Cars / Reps Reject Oil Firms’ Relocation To Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by genieluv(f): 7:43am On Oct 06, 2016
Uniben4sure:
The north have continued to oppose any request to rewrite the 1999 constitution which was written largely in favor of the northern oligarchy without due considerations to the rest of the country. I have always said that right now we don't have a democratic constitution as a democratic nation we are supposed to be.
I am just sick and tired of this country!
People keep blaming those who are agitating for a state of Biafra without thinking on some of the issues that led to such agitations on the first place. They forget that just a few steps taken by government to address some of these issues would cause the Biafra agitation and other similar agitations in Nigeria to die a natural death. Go to the east and see the pitiable state of federal roads there, yet nobody cares, but once you talk about Biafra it will interpreted to mean that you hate the rest of the country. I am just tired!
The north keep boasting of how they can use the advantage of having more states and LGA (which we all know how the several northern military regimes created) to the disadvantage of the south. They forget that if Nigeria must remain one indivisible nation, then we must do what's right to ensure that every part of the country feels happy being Nigerian. Otherwise, Nigeria will cease to exist as an indivisible nation and it will happen in no distant time. I wonder how those guys expect patriotism from people with present state of things in the country! And I also wonder how Nigeria will become one Great, indivisible nation without patriotism from all and sundry. I just wonder!

The question we need to ask ourselves is 'where were our own fathers when these hausa-fulanis were structuring Nigeria to favour them'? We have to suffer for the sins of our parents in their ignorance and non challancy and try to ensure that our own children do not suffer from our own mistakes and foolishness.
If the hausa-fulanis could do it without agitating for an independent nation, then anyone can do it to without agitating for an independent nation. Smartness and diplomacy is what counts.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by BlackPeni5: 7:43am On Oct 06, 2016
Lol...Someone is hiding my posts. Certainly they are afraid of the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by Kay17: 7:46am On Oct 06, 2016
Uniben4sure:
The north have continued to oppose any request to rewrite the 1999 constitution which was written largely in favor of the northern oligarchy without due considerations to the rest of the country. I have always said that right now we don't have a democratic constitution as a democratic nation we are supposed to be.

People keep blaming those who are agitating for a state of Biafra without thinking on some of the issues that led to such agitations on the first place. They forget that just a few steps taken by government to address some of these issues would cause the Biafra agitation and other similar agitations in Nigeria to die a natural death. Go to the east and see the pitiable state of federal roads there, yet nobody cares, but once you talk about Biafra it will interpreted to mean that you hate the rest of the country. I am just tired!

The north keep boasting of how they can use the advantage of having more states and LGA (which we all know how the several northern military regimes created) to the disadvantage of the south. They forget that if Nigeria must remain one indivisible nation, then we must do what's right to ensure that every part of the country feels happy being Nigerian. Otherwise, Nigeria will cease to exist as an indivisible nation and it will happen in no distant time. I wonder how those guys expect patriotism from people with present state of things in the country! And I also wonder how Nigeria will become one Great, indivisible nation without patriotism from all and sundry. I just wonder!

Which part of the North? because the North is a very large place with three regional zones
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by SuperS1Panther: 7:47am On Oct 06, 2016
Kay17:

Yet there is the ridiculous notion that the constitution is the grundnorm for itself! It's like a baby giving birth to itself. The Constitution need not recognize any necessary process leading up to a referendum including a National Conference.

The constitution can be disregarded by a referendum voted to by the people expressing the true will of the people. The preamble to the constitution says "we the people" etc.

The constitution must first of all recognise the referendum and National Conference before they can even hold officially. .

We need to either challenge the validity of the opening statement of the constitution "we the people" in court OR we beg or cajole or blackmail the shameless legislooters to amend it.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by noorlek: 7:49am On Oct 06, 2016
Can't they amend the constitution to accommodate refferendum?I cannot see the benefit of our nass to change our lives for good.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by SuperS1Panther: 7:50am On Oct 06, 2016
Uniben4sure:

Don't you think the south is being mentally and politically lazy by not building a coalition with middle belt states for the amendment of the constitution and political restructuring of the nation.

If that is achieved, what can NW and NE do?

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by SHOCKYBANKZ: 7:50am On Oct 06, 2016
only God will help us

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by nairaman66(m): 7:51am On Oct 06, 2016
Bunch of criminals feeding fat from the largesse of the center, soon a time will come!

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by Osama10(m): 7:51am On Oct 06, 2016
Its a pity.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by Uniben4sure: 7:52am On Oct 06, 2016
Kay17:

Which part of the North? because the North is a very large place with three regional zones
The whole of the north! I have been there so I know that even our nearest neighbors in kogi and Benue somehow feel happy with the status quo.
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by petrelli07: 7:55am On Oct 06, 2016
It's quite sad the level of comprehension of nairaland users... The people who sponsored the bill didn't follow due process and you want the speaker to let them continue... Nigerians and lawlessness are like... Please help me with that Jacob Zuma pix...
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by Kay17: 7:55am On Oct 06, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

The constitution must first of all recognise the referendum and National Conference before they can even hold.

We need to either challenge the validity of the opening statement of the constitution "we the people" in court OR we beg or cajole or blackmail the shameless legislooters to amend it.

But your legal basis is a Munchausen application of the constitution. It is not possible for the constitution constitute its own legal validation. The validation comes by virtue of the will of the people frozen in writing. The people can then in a valid form withdraw that validation given to the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by Kay17: 7:56am On Oct 06, 2016
Uniben4sure:
The whole of the north! I have been there so I know that even our nearest neighbors in kogi and Benue somehow feel happy with the status quo.

Do you mean the average Northerner or their elite?
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by SuperS1Panther: 7:59am On Oct 06, 2016
Kay17:

But your legal basis is a Munchausen application of the constitution. It is not possible for the constitution constitute its own legal validation. The validation comes by virtue of the will of the people frozen in writing. The people can then in a valid form withdraw that validation given to the constitution.

The problem is nobody validated the constitution. It was a fraud forced on us by the military.

Unfortunately the fraud does not recognise the means by which the people can use to invalidate it except it is resolved legally or through the useless NASS.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by orunto27: 8:00am On Oct 06, 2016
The NASS and the 36 State Assemblies should just sit down and amend the Constitution by the Provisions of the Constitution. This is same as Restructure once it's agreed to by North, South, East and West by all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by SuperS1Panther: 8:01am On Oct 06, 2016
Uniben4sure:

If that is true, then the status quo will persist because of numerical advantage.

I hope we are not doomed.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by genieluv(f): 8:01am On Oct 06, 2016
Uniben4sure:

I am partly from Benue and we do not feel ok with it!
The problem with many middlebelt people is that they are very ignorant of their rights. Since Gideon Orkar died and many other great middlebelt independence leaders, the region has been confused without any form of direction, but the truth remains the truth, many of us are not happy with the way things are.
There is no middlebelter that will tell u that he doesn't want the restructuring of the geo-political zoning for instance and for the north-central to be renamed central or middle Nigeria.

SuperS1Panther:

Don't you think the south is being mentally and politically lazy by not building a coalition with middle belt states for the amendment of the constitution and political restructuring of the nation.

Exactly, all the south needs to do is tell middlebelt leaders what they want to hear, especially the things that really affect them. And the target should be mainly the middlebelt and northern christians, because unfortunately most middlebelt muslims have allowed hausa-fulanis brainwash them with religion in order to feed them with crumbs from the table.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by Kay17: 8:02am On Oct 06, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

The problem is nobody validated the constitution. It was a fraud forced on us by the military.

Unfortunately the fraud does not recognise the means by which the people can use to invalidate it except it is resolved legally or through the useless NASS.

Thank you! You even went further than I thought.

From your law books what's the effect of fraud?
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by Uniben4sure: 8:04am On Oct 06, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

As much as I love to see such coalition materialize, I don't see the possibility of it happening because the middle belt people are the ones who carry the "northern agenda" issue the most. Even the guy who opposed the bill is from the middle belt. They protect the northern oligarchic interest even more than the core north, yet they are not benefitting from it.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by Akinz0126(m): 8:05am On Oct 06, 2016
until the masses wake up and realise violence is the only language this dickheads understands then Nigeria'll be a better place for us all.

A scholar in this nation once says" REVOLUTION "is the answer to oppression,.suppression and exploitation of the Masses in 9ja. With the pace things are going Revolution is inevitable.
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by anionjasa(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2016
Self-centered bunch of people who always want to put Nigeria under the table in their deals

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by genieluv(f): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

If that is true, then the status quo will persist because of numerical advantage.

I hope we are not doomed.

He is not saying the truth!
Most middlebelters are terribly sick of that name north-central. Like is Benue in the centre of the north? North-central was originally a name for Katsina state.
Most middlebelters and northern christians are not happy the way things are. The problem is just that many of our leaders are usually bought by hausa-fulanis with ordinary peanuts and then sell the destiny of their youths.
The region lacks true leadership which will unite all these various minority groups to speak with one voice.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by genieluv(f): 8:13am On Oct 06, 2016
Uniben4sure:
As much as I love to see such coalition materialize, I don't see the possibility of it happening because the middle belt people are the ones who carry the "northern agenda" issue the most. Even the guy who opposed the bill is from the middle belt. They protect the northern oligarchic interest even more than the core north, yet they are not benefitting from it.

APC was speaking. Is that not the same way Rochas and Amaechi speaks in favour of the core-north because of APC bond?
2011 GEJ election proved that the middlebelt and the south can actually unite and put the core-north where they belong, where were you in 2011 when 7 states of the middlebelt/northern minorities voted GEJ instead of Buhari? Not even the south-south or south-east could deliver 7 states to GEJ in 2011 election, but the northern minorities did it. So speak from experience.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by buchilino(m): 8:16am On Oct 06, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
How do we restructure the country without constitutional amendment?

D SYSTEM SUITS THEM DATS Y MAJORITY WILL NOT FAVOR D BILL. 2MORROW WEN THEY R OUT OF D NA, THEY WILL START FORMING NATIONAL LEADERS. I LAFF COS NOTHING LAST 4EVA. BY D TIME GOD'S JUDGEMENT IS UNLEASHED IN DIS COUNTRY, WONDER HOW WILL SURVIVE IT.
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by porka: 8:27am On Oct 06, 2016
Mr Dogora, what about the CRIMINAL SHARIA bill that you are helping to smuggle into the constitution even with your 'free unsolicited' consultancy to the bill's sponsor?

The bill went on to the second reading in secrecy; is that also in the constitution?
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by Chukazu: 8:30am On Oct 06, 2016
people who steal elections get to power are busy thwarting the will of the people.. waiting for the revolution that will consume them
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by Akinz0126(m): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2016
anionjasa:
Self-centered bunch of people who always want to put Nigeria under the table in their deals

Under the table is an understatement I would rather use under there foot.
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by AnusOdourInhaler: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2016
That's democracy.. The majority always have their way
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by Ugosample(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2016
genieluv:

APC was speaking. Is that not the same way Rochas and Amaechi speaks in favour of the core-north because of APC bond?
2011 GEJ election proved that the middlebelt and the south can actually unite and put the core-north where they belong, where were you in 2011 when 7 states of the middlebelt/northern minorities voted GEJ instead of Buhari? Not even the south-south or south-east could deliver 7 states to GEJ in 2011 election, but the northern minorities did it. So speak from experience.

The entire south voted Jonathan.
The only rogue state was Osun state.
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by genieluv(f): 8:46am On Oct 06, 2016
Ugosample:

The entire south voted Jonathan.
The only rogue state was Osun state.

Yes, but no state in yoruba land gave up to a million votes to GEJ. But to you know that the middlebelt tribes in Plateau and Kaduna gave GEJ over 1 million votes each in that election?
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by igboboy3(m): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2016
magicminister:
I AM BEGINNING TO FEEL THAT DEMOCRACY IS NOT REALLY WHAT NIGERIA NEEDS NOW.
WE NEED A MILITARY GOVERNMENT THAT HAS THE PEOPLE AT HEART.
IN ORDER TO DESTROY THE HOLD OF THE CABAL ON THIS COUNTRY, WE NEED SOMEONE WITH A GREAT DEGREE OF POWER AND MILITARY MIGHT.

I CONCUR!
Re: Reps Reject National Conference, Referendum by gidgiddy: 9:21am On Oct 06, 2016
Anybody who is hoping for restructuring should forget it. The numerical strenght of the core North in the National Assembly makes this impossible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’s Critics Are Thieves, Saboteurs – Oshiomhole / Sources: DSS To Quiz Ibeanu, INEC Commissioner For Logistics (updated) / Tanko Yakassai: Oshiomhole Powerless, Empty, Only Has Title Of National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.