Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,575 members, 7,812,871 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device (11345 Views)

7 Reasons Why I Uninstalled WhatsApp From My Device, And You Should Too / Do I Have Any Risk Of Brick/data Loss If I Flash TWRP To My Device Using PC? / 26 Facts You Never Knew About Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 12:26pm On Oct 06, 2016
Kk
I use an Itel device which comes with a 2100 mah battery and its low battery capacity has always been a torn in my flesh since I bought it.
I could barely go beyond 8hrs on continuous usage, so I started the quest of finding any solution whether temporarily or permanently so I stumbled on the following apps...
Es File Explorer
Xposed installer
Power Nap
Doze
Kingroot
Before I could use any of these apps I had to get rooted and I achieved that with kingroot.
Es File explorer:
What this app helped me do was to temporarily delete the batterystats.bin file so as to fix irregular battery percentage or stats
xposed installer:
This app is needed before power nap can work. Its a framework which needs root to work.
Power Nap:
This app is similar to xperia stamina mode, it helped me detect wakelocks apps when on standby and block it in its endurance mode and disable all data eg WiFi, Bluetooth etc in its Low power mode and I must confess this app was the koko....ever since I installed it, I noticed improved battery life....I lost at least 1% per 10 mins on 3g, and that meant so thai'ld lose 6% per hour on 3g which was better than those first few weeks I bought my phone where on 3g I could loose about 15% per 25 mins on 3g which was frustrating
Doze:
What this app did was to minimize the battery drain when ever my data was on eg when browsing whether on 3g or edge..

Hope y'all can find this helpful
Modified: I got a lot of feed backs asking for the steps or procedures
Am not really a techy guy but i'ld try to explain how to use these apps effectively on your device
First make sure your device is rooted, if not download kingroot apk from Google and root your device because most of these apps need a Rooted device (Es file explorer, Power nap for xposed and Xposed), Doze do not require a rooted device so if u do not want or cannot root your device you can install it

Head over to Google and install the following apps Es file explorer apk, Doze apk, Power nap for xposed apk, xposed Installer apk
Nb: Power nap for xposed might be difficult to find on Google play store because most people had to sign up for its beta testing before being able to download it, its far more easier to download from google
About Xposed Installer, if your device is running on android 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.4.2 ie jelly bean or KitKat, its very easy to install...just download the apk file which is less than 1mb, install and grant root permission and update its frame work. Xposed installer is needed before power nap can work
For those running on 5.0, 5.11, 6.0, 7.0 ie lollipop , marshmallow and nougat you would have to flash it into your device
Now here are the steps
Install the apps I mentioned above ie Es file explorer, Doze, Power nap for xposed, xposed installer on your rooted device
Open up xposed installer, click on framework and update framework... grant root permission and click on reboot
After reboot, open up the app and click on modules...once modules open you would find the power nap app, tick the empty box on the left side of it to activate, head back to the framework... click on update, grant root permission and click on reboot.
At this point, you have successfully activated both power nap and xposed installer
Open up the power nap app, grant it root permission...enable both the endurance mode and low power mode and tweak to your taste
Open up the doze app, click on I agree....at the top right corner of the app u would see settings, tick the aggressive mode and u are good to go at this point
...For more effectiveness, grant the doze app accessibility permission
You can locate accessibility on your device by heading to settings, scroll down and locate accessibility.. click on it to open, then click on the doze app to grant accessibility
Pls kindly give me feedback once uv tried it out
Open up the Ex file explorer app, click on the top left corner, click on the tool option and scroll down till you find root explorer, enable it by granting root permission. Head back to the main menu by swiping to the left.
Click on a single slash icon (/) at the top of the main menu...after clicking it, device icon would pop up...click on it and locate data folder. Click on the data folder to open it , scroll down and locate system folder....click on it to open, scroll down and locate BATTERYSTATS.BIN file, long press the file to highlight it and then delete and exit app.
Nb: Delete the battery stats on your device once in 2months to refresh your battery calibrator
This should fix any irregular battery stat on your device and irregular battery drain
Se Fini!
Duwdu thanks for the corrections!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Whizpeter(m): 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
I would be back...
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by ican2020: 2:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
Thank you and I will try this out today
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by nestic(m): 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2016
LabiaDestroyerr:
Kk
I use an Itel device which comes with a 2100 mah battery and its low battery capacity has always been a torn in my flesh since I bought it.
I could barely go beyond 8hrs on continuous usage, so I started the quest of finding any solution whether temporarily or permanently so I stumbled on the following apps...
Es File Explorer
Xposed installer
Power Nap
Dose
Kingroot
Before I could use any of these apps I had to get rooted and I achieved that with kingroot.
Es File explorer:
What this app helped me do was to temporarily delete the batterystats.bin file so as to fix irregular battery percentage or stats
xposed installer:
This app is needed before power nap and doze can work. Its a framework which needs root to work.
Power Nap:
This app is similar to xperia stamina mode, it helped me detect wakelocks apps when on standby and block it in its extreme mode and disable all data eg WiFi, Bluetooth etc in its Low power mode and I must confess this app was the koko....ever since I installed it, I noticed improved battery life....I lost at least 1% per 10 mins on 3g, and that meant so thai'ld lose 6% per hour on 3g which was better than those first few weeks I bought my phone where on 3g I could loose about 15% per 25 mins on 3g which was frustrating
Dose:
What this app did was to minimize the battery drain when ever my data was on eg when browsing whether on 3g or edge..

Hope y'all can find this helpful
guy hope say problem no go dey if i delete my batterystat.bin, buh anyway how i wan take temporary delete my batterystat.bin fah
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
OP, drop the full procedure.
cry
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by nestic(m): 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
i no get Time to come dey unbrick my phone
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Jayson504(m): 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hope this stuff won't brick someone's phone sha....
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
nestic:
guy hope say problem no go dey if i delete my batterystat.bin, buh anyway how i wan take temporary delete my batterystat.bin fah
Lol, no fear nothing go spoil
I said temporarily because after deleting it another one would be created automatically by your device from the scratch
To delete the batterystats.bin file, first make sure you are rooted
Install Es file Explorer, after installing open up the app and click on the left top section of the app and locate root explorer, activate so as to grant the app root permission
After that head back to the main menu and click on data once it opens look for system and open, you should find the batterystats.bin file
Click and Hold the file to highlight and delete
Se fini!
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
Jayson504:
Hope this stuff won't brick someone's phone sha....
It won't
This is not flashing custom ROM which is a lot risky
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
nestic:
i no get Time to come dey unbrick my phone
Lol, e no go brick your phone bro
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Dandsome: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2016
Then people who are not tech savvy can go and die abi?
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2016
Dandsome:
Then people who are not tech savvy can go and die abi?
Lol, am not tech savvy...just someone inquisitive
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
Here are the screenshots of the Power Nap and Dose app respectively
You can Google them up, Power nap requires xposed installer and root to work efficiently
Dose can work without xposed Installer and might also work without root

Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
Dose

Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
Procedure on how to get it done
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
@ OP could you pls give a screenshot of the xposed installer
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Baroba(m): 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
Powernap is a great app, had it when i was using nexus 5.. Back then you need to be accepted to download it, not sure if that's still the case..

A lot of info on XDA.com for those who want to know about it.. Just do your own research, its all out there.

1 Like

Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Mustiboy(m): 11:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
What itel phone is this?
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 11:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
adenuga360:
@ OP could you pls give a screenshot of the xposed installer
Here is the screenshot
For those using KitKat devices like mine you can just Google up xposed installer and download the latest version, its usually less than 1mb, also make sure your device is rooted
For those running lollipop, marshmallow and nougat, honesty u'ld need to flash the xposed framework to your device.... a professional can do that for you, pls don't do it yourself...your device might get into continuous bootloops, but if u still desperately want to do it yourself....you can Google it up, there are steps and procedures for you to follow
I'ld recommend Xda.Com

Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 11:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mustiboy:
What itel phone is this?
Here is the screenshot
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 11:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mustiboy:
What itel phone is this?
Here is the screenshot

Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by modextus(m): 5:46am On Oct 07, 2016
How would i get my phone rooted? Need help in that
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2016
modextus:
How would i get my phone rooted? Need help in that
Simply install the latest kingroot application
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by nestic(m): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2016
my xposed installer no dey gree install framework

Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Mustiboy(m): 8:07am On Oct 07, 2016
LabiaDestroyerr:

Here is the screenshot
i can see you've tweaked the ui to suit your style. The 1503 i know has a very ugly ui
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Freelancer007(m): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2016
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Opistorincos(m): 8:50am On Oct 07, 2016
This is nice
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Marvel1206: 9:06am On Oct 07, 2016
LabiaDestroyerr:

Lol, no fear nothing go spoil
I said temporarily because after deleting it another one would be created automatically by your device from the scratch
To delete the batterystats.bin file, first make sure you are rooted
Install Es file Explorer, after installing open up the app and click on the left top section of the app and locate root explorer, activate so as to grant the app root permission
After that head back to the main menu and click on data once it opens look for system and open, you should find the batterystats.bin file
Click and Hold the file to highlight and delete
Se fini!
bros, you don come again.. Why you no mention me na grin
thanks tho, i'll try it out..
That batterystats, i deleted mine yesterday. I do delete every month
but wait are you sure you got 1% per 10mins?
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by ajishomo: 9:32am On Oct 07, 2016
LabiaDestroyerr:
Here are the screenshots of the Power Nap and Dose app respectively
You can Google them up, Power nap requires xposed installer and root to work efficiently
Dose can work without xposed Installer and might also work without root
I checked playstore there're a lot of apps named power nap......Please could you share the icon so we'll know which of em to download? And dose too....
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by modextus(m): 11:09am On Oct 07, 2016
LabiaDestroyerr:

Simply install the latest kingroot application
Done.. But its in french..
Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
Done everything.. .activated it in xposed installer ....would drop results later

Re: How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device by Marvel1206: 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
KillerFrost:
Done everything.. .activated it in xposed installer ....would drop results later

i go dey await your observations

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? / Receive Jokes on Your Mobile Phone / How To Upgrade Tecno Phantom F7 (A+) To Kit-kat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.