Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,316 members, 7,864,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:33 PM

EFCC Arrest Patrick Nwokike,MD Of "Lets Partner With You" For N4 Billion Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrest Patrick Nwokike,MD Of "Lets Partner With You" For N4 Billion Fraud (1105 Views)

EFCC Declares Woman Wanted For N1 Billion Fraud (photo) / EFCC Arraigns ‘let’s Partner With You’ MD, Nwokike, Wife For N4bn Fraud / MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrest Patrick Nwokike,MD Of "Lets Partner With You" For N4 Billion Fraud by aminulive: 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
Following over a hundred petitions from across the country on the operations of an alleged Wonder bank and its nefarious activities, the EFCC on Thursday September 6, 2016 arrested the Managing Director of “Lets Partner With You Ltd”, Chief. Patrick Shanchi Nwokike at his residence in Enugu, Enugu state.

Petitions from a cross section of Nigerians and cutting across religious, gender, ethnic, economic and social class indicate that the company had over the past five years solicited and obtained deposits of more than N4,000,000,000 ( Four Billion Naira Only) from the general public with promise of mouth watering interest in return.

According to investigations conducted by the Commission, the company has no license to solicit and manage funds for the public nor was it registered with Securities and Exchange Commission, SEC, or the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Company, NDIC.
Further investigations revealed that a 10% (Ten percent) interest was for some time paid on invested capital which for no justifiable reason, was suddenly stopped and all efforts by depositors to have at least the capital of their investments returned nor terminate their investments proved abortive.
Many of the complainants alleged that the operators of the scheme especially, Chief Nwokike not only live very flamboyant lifestyles but acquired several personal assets as well as using their deposits for philanthropic enterprise.
The company was also found to have over six accounts in about four banks with the CEO of “Lets Partner With You Ltd” and his wife being the only signatories to the accounts.

In his statement, Nwokike who acknowledged that depositor’s funds with his company was about N4,000,000,000( Four Billion Naira Only) , denied operating both money lending and investment business as alleged by the petitioners.

He stated that his company is into partnership business which receives money from interested partners who desires interest from their money after it might have been infused into businesses especially that of small scale traders.

Nwokike argued that the present problem facing his company is as a result of the general economic downturn in the country; an argument punctured by his depositors who said his company started defaulting even before the present economic woes.
Investigation is still on-going to ascertain the extent of the company’s operations, its culpability, likely recovery of funds and possible prosecution.
http://politicsngr.com/efcc-arrest-patrick-nwokikemd-lets-partner-n4-billion-fraud/

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: EFCC Arrest Patrick Nwokike,MD Of "Lets Partner With You" For N4 Billion Fraud by Dyt(f): 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
Person dey just dey use eye/ear read/hear figures

Nawa

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrest Patrick Nwokike,MD Of "Lets Partner With You" For N4 Billion Fraud by George22016(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
I just gave someone now a 150k to transfer into a university in contonu I hope he delivers am already having funny feelings in my stomach
Re: EFCC Arrest Patrick Nwokike,MD Of "Lets Partner With You" For N4 Billion Fraud by delzbaba(m): 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
George22016:
I just gave someone now a 150k to transfer into a university in contonu I hope he delivers am already having funny feelings in my stomach
In this recession,OYO is ur name..
Re: EFCC Arrest Patrick Nwokike,MD Of "Lets Partner With You" For N4 Billion Fraud by George22016(m): 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
delzbaba:
In this recession,OYO is ur name..

what is your point exactly?
Re: EFCC Arrest Patrick Nwokike,MD Of "Lets Partner With You" For N4 Billion Fraud by delzbaba(m): 10:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
George22016:

what is your point exactly?
my point is the person you gave that money to might have urgent financial needs,you no go blame am sha..
Re: EFCC Arrest Patrick Nwokike,MD Of "Lets Partner With You" For N4 Billion Fraud by adexfrosh(m): 11:38pm On Oct 06, 2016
George22016:
The lord is ur muscle o
Re: EFCC Arrest Patrick Nwokike,MD Of "Lets Partner With You" For N4 Billion Fraud by olumaxi(m): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2016
Saraki had just been freed of corruption charges....and it only shows dat dis administration is only for propaganda....they r only interested in putin corruption charges in d news to score cheap points

(1) (Reply)

How Murdered Unical Lecturer Wrote About His Assassination Some Months Ago / Photos: Man Beaten To Stupor For Withdrawing N115,000 From ATM Card He Stole / If You See This Guy Please Contact Me Or Report To Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.