Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Meet Nigerian Hustler Who Sells Roasted Corn In Dubai For A Living(pics Included - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet Nigerian Hustler Who Sells Roasted Corn In Dubai For A Living(pics Included (913 Views)

Tony Elumelu Eating Roasted Corn Inside Plane, Dele Momodu Reacts / A Merchant Sings Yoruba Songs In Dubai For A Nigerian Woman (Photos, Video) / Nigerian Man Roasts Corns In Dubai For A Living (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian Hustler Who Sells Roasted Corn In Dubai For A Living(pics Included by EHI9ICE(m): 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2016
While many youths would rather sit at home and wait endlessly for white collar jobs or get themselves involved in different forms of crimes to make ends meet, a Nigerian man who lives in Dubai has got people talking about him after he took a very bold step by starting a business which most educated young people today would consider as ‘out of the question’.

According to a post on Anambra State Online Facebook wall,Obinna,a citizen of the state, moved to Dubai and after his efforts to hook a job failed, he decided to start selling roasted corn for a living.

In an exclusive chat with Anambra State Online Media, Mr. Obinna revealed how he got the inspiration to begin the business and the benefits.

He said:
“My name is Obinna. When I arrived Dubai and couldn’t get a job, I decided to think out of the box on what to do to make a living and one day, while in a local restaurant, a man came and placed an order.
“When the waiter came with the order, it was Chicken With Mashed Potato and Grilled Corn but the corn was not roasted the native Nigerian way as we do with coals.
“That was when the idea came and I decided to give it a try. I contacted a local farmer who supplied raw corn for me and started roasting them close to my neighborhood across the street.
“At first, people who passed by looked at me with curiosity as they had never seen anything of its kind up until one man approached me and I gave him one corn cob to taste. he liked it and the following day, invited 4 of his friends who bought and even took some home.”

According to Obinna, that day marked the beginning of his turnaround in the business which according to him, is the first of its kind in Dubai. In no time, he added, roasted corn became a popular delicacy in the neighborhood with people, especially Nigerians living there who want to have a taste of home patronise him on a daily basis.

When asked how much he makes as profit, Obinna smiled and said, “the profits are not bad. I sell each corn cob for about 5 to 8 Dirham depending on the size and on a very good day, I take about 60 to 80 Dirham ($22 USD; N8,000) home”.

Truly, where there’s a will, there’s always a way!

Re: Meet Nigerian Hustler Who Sells Roasted Corn In Dubai For A Living(pics Included by julimax(m): 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hustle hard. Ball hard

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Hustler Who Sells Roasted Corn In Dubai For A Living(pics Included by Jessidaisy4(f): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
Who cares

(1) (Reply)

For Sale HP Pavilion G4 / Demurrage: Shipping Companies Fleece Importers Of Billions Of Naira Daily / I Need A Business Partner In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.