Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,888 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security (3328 Views)

Tecno Mobile Launches Full Display Screen Smartphone, ‘CAMON CM’ / Tecno Mobile Is Set To Launch Its First Full-view Smartphone / Spark K7: The Latest Smartphone By TECNO Mobile, See Specs And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by excanny: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2016
SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired) - Africa's leading mobile device maker TECNO Mobile has partnered with Trustlook, a next generation mobile security company. All new TECNO Phantom 6 and Phantom 6 Plus mobile phones are now pre-installed with the Trustlook Mobile Security and Antivirus Pro app. This gives TECNO Mobile customers the opportunity to benefit from Trustlook's advanced malware detection engine.

Over the last decade, TECNO mobile has dominated the African mobile market to become one of the most sought after mobile brands in the region. Consistently producing high-end smartphone devices, these latest additions to the TECNO Phantom series -- the Phantom 6 and Phantom 6 Plus are no exception. The Phantom 6 Plus even offers TECNO Mobile's first tri-fold security combination (fingerprint, eye scanner and Trustlook Mobile Security behavioral protection).

"We're excited to partner with Trustlook to bring enhanced security to TECNO Phantom users," said TECNO global marketing lead, Vane Ni. "Trustlook is the leader in mobile security, and they are uniquely equipped to address the mobile security concerns of our users."

The demand for mobile threat protection has never been stronger. In the second quarter of this year there were 594,703 different malware strains discovered, which is a 52 percent increase compared to the same period last year. The number is expected to grow significantly throughout the rest of 2016.

"We are thrilled that TECNO is using our next-generation behavior based sandbox technologies to protect their users' mobile behavior," said Allan Zhang, founder and CEO of Trustlook. "This partnership is also a huge step in Trustlook's commitment to becoming the largest mobile security provider in Africa."

Trustlook's technology protects more than 300M users globally through its integration with leading apps and downloadable security offerings. Trustlook's technology significantly reduces the threat vulnerability window through advanced machine learning and behavioral analysis. Trustlook Mobile Security and Antivirus Pro is available for purchase from Google Play.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by excanny: 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
About Trustlook
Trustlook is a global leader in next-generation mobile device security with solutions that find more vulnerabilities sooner than any other to provide the industry's smallest vulnerability window. The innovative Trustlook Mobile Security-as-a-Service (MSaaS) cloud platform and Sentinel on-device platform deliver the performance and scalability needed to provide total threat protection against viruses, spyware, phishing, ID theft, data loss, snooping and other forms of attack. Trustlook's solutions protect users from both known and zero-day threats by examining over 20,000 new and updated applications every day for malware and malicious behavior. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Jose and managed by leading security experts from Palo Alto Networks, FireEye, Google and Yahoo.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tecno-mobile-phones-come-pre-123000138.html
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by scarycuteface(m): 7:43pm On Oct 08, 2016
This is amazing news. Improving user security is key too. And Tecno mobile is doing their best to make sure their users are top priorities and protected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by shiftback: 1:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
More partnerships, this guys are on a roll. Mobile security is key in this age and time, you wouldn't want data stored in your phone to get in the wrong hands.

1 Like

Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by omoalajah(m): 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
This is really good news. Phones need to be very secured
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by datyorubaboy: 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
Good try. Android remains vulnerable to threats anyway
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by missslimzy(f): 10:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
I like that Tecno is conscious of happenings
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by chicwoman(f): 9:33am On Oct 10, 2016
Honestly I'm just happy that tecno uses the android platform.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by Tania1: 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
Amazing development
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by prettytolanee(f): 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
Is it app? Becos I can't see it in my Boom J7.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by excanny: 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
prettytolanee:
Is it app? Becos I can't see it in my Boom J7.

I doubt its in your Boom J7. Maybe later it will be there through updates. But this is starting from the newly released Tecno phantom 6 and 6+ and subsequently.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by Abdstrakt(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
chicwoman:
Honestly I'm just happy that tecno uses the android platform.

What other platform out there could they possibly use? And don't say Windows mobile.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by Abdstrakt(m): 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
shiftback:
More partnerships, this guys are on a roll. Mobile security is key in this age and time, you wouldn't want data stored in your phone to get in the wrong hands.

Couldn't agree more.
Securing our smartphones frm malware is important especially those of us that do not only download apps from the playstore alone.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by chicwoman(f): 11:05am On Oct 14, 2016
excanny:

I doubt its in your Boom J7. Maybe later it will be there through updates. But this is starting from the newly released Tecno phantom 6 and 6+ and subsequently.
This is really good to hear. More reasons for me to pick the phantom phone. I've been saving up.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by chicwoman(f): 11:16am On Oct 14, 2016
Abdstrakt:

What other platform out there could they possibly use? And don't say Windows mobile.
Lool, that's the other platform I thought of. Android platform is just so easy to use. And it's better for tecno really.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by Behankey(m): 11:39pm On Oct 14, 2016
scarycuteface:
This is amazing news. Improving user security is key too. And Tecno mobile is doing their best to make sure their users are top priorities and protected.
Yes And it's a good thing too. Securing the phones against malware and other threats is important.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by Abdstrakt(m): 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2016
shiftback:

I read somewhere that they have a partnership with Sony. good for them.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by paolokonqueror(m): 10:23am On Oct 16, 2016
Well I haven't noticed these threats you speak of but I think the Trustlook Security is a good one. From what I've read thus far they are quite reliable. Tecno partnering with the best
datyorubaboy:
Good try. Android remains vulnerable to threats anyway
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by paolokonqueror(m): 10:26am On Oct 16, 2016
Too much security can be a bad thing tho, I remember a phone I used to use and I locked it with pattern, so anyone that doesn't know the pattern and tries it 10 Times, gets access to my phone cause it then unlocks but wipes the entire memory. cry cry cry Hoping this one isn't like that tho
shiftback:
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by excanny: 11:44am On Oct 16, 2016
Abdstrakt:

I read somewhere that they have a partnership with Sony. good for them.

Really? Please try posting the link here so we can follow up on what is in the pipelines. wink
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by dejiWEST: 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2016
Although much wasn't said about the partnership between Tecno and SONY in this write up, it was mentioned

https://www.360nobs.com/2016/09/tecno-mobile-phantom-6-and-phantom-6-plus

It's also a good read on the launch that was held last month. Good for Tecno tho cool
excanny:

Really? Please try posting the link here so we can follow up on what is in the pipelines. wink
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by dejiWEST: 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
No I doubt this is about locking the phone, it's an antivirus, against well virus grin
paolokonqueror:
Too much security can be a bad thing tho, I remember a phone I used to use and I locked it with pattern, so anyone that doesn't know the pattern and tries it 10 Times, gets access to my phone cause it then unlocks but wipes the entire memory. cry cry cry Hoping this one isn't like that tho
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by paolokonqueror(m): 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2016
Errrr it's actually more than an antivirus. I don't see why Tecno would partner with just "antivirus people", has to offer so much more and Trustlook does
dejiWEST:
No I doubt this is about locking the phone, it's an antivirus, against well virus grin
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by dejiWEST: 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
Oh how nice! What are these so much more it offers please?
paolokonqueror:
Errrr it's actually more than an antivirus. I don't see why Tecno would partner with just "antivirus people", has to offer so much more and Trustlook does
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by paolokonqueror(m): 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2016
Anti-Theft, Data Backup, Memory Boost and it has an App Manager as well
dejiWEST:
Oh how nice! What are these so much more it offers please?
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by excanny: 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
dejiWEST:
Although much wasn't said about the partnership between Tecno and SONY in this write up, it was mentioned

https://www.360nobs.com/2016/09/tecno-mobile-phantom-6-and-phantom-6-plus

It's also a good read on the launch that was held last month. Good for Tecno tho cool

The link provided is not on the topic bro. Check it well.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by dejiWEST: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2016
I don't know why but for some reason, the link changes whenever I post it. I'm trying to put up a post from 360nobs. It covered the launch in Dubai and they mentioned the partnership with SONY.
excanny:

The link provided is not on the topic bro. Check it well.
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by dejiWEST: 10:34pm On Oct 23, 2016
Niceeee! How does the antitheft work? Stop people from stealing the Phantom 6? undecided
paolokonqueror:
Anti-Theft, Data Backup, Memory Boost and it has an App Manager as well
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by DavidoArsenal(m): 10:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
Lol you wish. It actually does lock and wipe the phone if it gets stolen and the thief fails to unlock the Phantom
dejiWEST:
Niceeee! How does the antitheft work? Stop people from stealing the Phantom 6? undecided
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by paolokonqueror(m): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
grin grin grin grin Ehn as Police man that the phone is na grin grin After reading up on it, I've discovered that it actually has very nice features. While you can scan your phone without registering/signing up, to enjoy the other cool stuffs like the Anti-theft, you have to register.
dejiWEST:
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by excanny: 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
dejiWEST:
I don't know why but for some reason, the link changes whenever I post it. I'm trying to put up a post from 360nobs. It covered the launch in Dubai and they mentioned the partnership with SONY.

Sony used to make some pretty nice phones way back.

One thing I see Sony bringing to the table is their wealth of experience, and combining this with the momentum that Tecno is currently gathering will be a recipe for sucessful launch of more sleeker and powerful Tecno phones next year and beyond.

It's a brilliant move getting an experienced ally on one's side. cool cool
Re: New TECNO Mobile Phones Come Pre-installed With Trustlook Mobile Security by paolokonqueror(m): 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
Yes and you can monitor some of your phone's activities on mytrustlook.com if you're registered sha
DavidoArsenal:
Lol you wish. It actually does lock and wipe the phone if it gets stolen and the thief fails to unlock the Phantom

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Download And Stream Youtube Videos Unlimited Using Your Glo Sim / Chrome On Android Now Lets Users Surf Web Without Internet / HUAWEI nova 3i (P Smart+) Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.