Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA (8596 Views)

SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action / SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike / SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by dayoade2007(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
A day after the Vice-Chancellor of the Federal University of Technology, Akure was invited to
Ibadan quarters of the EFCC, the Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities, SSANU and
the Non-Academic Staff Union, NASU of the school staged a mighty protest within the school
premises.
The protest which started at about 2 o'clock in the afternoon had protesters chanting "Ole" and
lasted till half past three the same afternoon. The VC who was recently invited by the EFCC
over fraud and corruption allegations was accused by the Staff Unions of refusing to pay their
long-term allowances.
The Staff Unions requested the VC be removed with immediate effect and that the Federal
Government set up a panel to audit FUTA account.
The Staff Unions were heard saying "You can't be facing corruption charges and be ruling us.
We don't want another Saraki."
They went ahead to say "We're advising Prof. Gregory Adebiyi Daramola not to come to FUTA
from 4pm this evening. Nobody must go to office tomorrow. We must resume here [the front
of New Senate building, the VC's office]."
"We're not on strike, we're on protest. If you don't come and you're caught, you're on your
own. But if you come to work and join the protest, an injury to one is an injury to all" the
protesters said.
"It is our enemies who will not see tomorrow. They will have diabetes and the diabetes will kill
them. They will have cancer. They will die of hunger" fiercely it got as they rounded up.
Our correspondents were not allowed to go near the core of the protest as students were not
allowed. However, one of the protesters who does not want his name disclosed told us the
protest could go un-peacefully if they were provoked.
Rumours have it that since the emergence of the Vice-Chancellor, FUTA Staff members have
been deprived of some financial privileges as the VC trashed out autonomy of staff members
on funds and disregarded due process in issues of leadership sustainability.
The students on hearing the news, have continued to raise concerns on the possible
consequences. It will be noted that the sophomore admissions list that should have been
released is yet to be released. The students also hope it will be resolved soon, so it does not
affect the academic calendar.
As against the false news that Professor B.K. Alese was involved in the protest, the Dean is
presently out of school and could not have been found anywhere near the protest ground.
Inside FUTA®
https://mobile.facebook.com/InsideFUTA/posts/520703578136659?_rdr

1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by WilsonMayowa(m): 12:05am On Oct 07, 2016
I was actually there wen this was going on
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by orimsamsam(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2016
Kk
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by akog(m): 6:53am On Oct 07, 2016
ok
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by HRich(m): 6:53am On Oct 07, 2016
Ok
I'm off to training when I come back I will comment
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by veekid(m): 6:54am On Oct 07, 2016
Yeye
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by FagsamPHP(m): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2016
Hmmn! So Daramola is this corrupt, oga o... But truth be told, he really tried during his tenure........ #ProudlyFutarian

2 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by debonairprinx(m): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2016
getting more interesting.
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by lancehayat(m): 6:56am On Oct 07, 2016
Good move,I can see that Nigerians don dey wise now
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by Pavore9: 6:56am On Oct 07, 2016
"You can't be facing corruption charges and be ruling us. We don't want another Saraki."...Saraki, see your life! cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by GeoOla25(m): 6:56am On Oct 07, 2016
OK
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by Ebimablog: 6:57am On Oct 07, 2016
Him no dey follow body language?
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by Ebimablog: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2016
Pavore9:
"You can't be facing corruption charges and be ruling us. We don't want another Saraki."...Saraki, see your life! cheesy cheesy

I tot fg dropped the charges yesday?

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by ileogbenfidel(m): 6:58am On Oct 07, 2016
Is it protest against VCS that trends now in our university

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by bolaji3071(m): 7:02am On Oct 07, 2016
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by ademega(m): 7:02am On Oct 07, 2016
Thieves in the realms of affairs in Nigeria higher institutions
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by Pavore9: 7:05am On Oct 07, 2016
Ebimablog:

Even at that, Nigerians have tagged him "corrupt and boldly remain in office"!
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by bolaji3071(m): 7:05am On Oct 07, 2016
Corruption everywhere! I tire for 9ja...Please I want to relocate to South Sudan for better life.... Edakun help me cheesy
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by jaymejate: 7:05am On Oct 07, 2016
Please EFCC, come and carry our Oga for here too.
Na him de chop our money personally.
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by mascot87(m): 7:07am On Oct 07, 2016
What is happening to the school I finished from?
But Prof Daramola isn't like this na. I suspect some evil hands in this.
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by lanreni: 7:15am On Oct 07, 2016
ABOUT TIME. HE IS A 1:2 CRIMINAL: For every good thing he had done, he had done two wrong things.

3 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by eph12(m): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2016
Ebimablog:

fg dropped charges of forging against the Saraki, Ekweremadu and other defendants but the case at CCT is still ongoing.
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by tenifayo1994(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2016
FagsamPHP:
Hmmn! So Daramola is this corrupt, oga o... But truth be told, he really tried during his tenure........ #ProudlyFutarian
the truth is the man performed but corrupt. he didnt start any construction work not untill his tenure is about to end. all the funds meant for those building under construction were initially embesseled.

2 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by justicejay(m): 7:24am On Oct 07, 2016
Lecturer shouting ole..ahahahah
Pot calling kettle black.

But wait ooo no be that Godly V.C that personally requested E.A adeboye to come to FUTA chop money?

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by shaddoww: 7:24am On Oct 07, 2016
I guess his tenure is almost coming to an end cos it's was at the tail end of Adebisi Balogun (his predecessor) we started hearing how he has been shortchanging dem n how he stole millions.
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 07, 2016
We don't want another sariki grin grin
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by Christianbente: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2016
Nice one. Up Futa!!
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by FagsamPHP(m): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2016
tenifayo1994:

the truth is the man performed but corrupt. he didnt start any construction work not untill his tenure is about to end. all the funds meant for those building under construction were initially embesseled.

Hmmmn! what Level & dept are u?
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by 2odd(m): 7:33am On Oct 07, 2016
tenifayo1994:

embesseled indeed

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by dayoade2007(m): 7:46am On Oct 07, 2016
shaddoww:
I guess his tenure is almost coming to an end cos it's was at the tail end of Adebisi Balogun (his predecessor) we started hearing how he has been shortchanging dem n how he stole millions.
His tenure is ending this year
Re: SSANU, NASU Protest Against Vice-chancellor In FUTA by xnsandrxns: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2016
Pavore9:
Imagine what educated people are talking about
Using someone that has not been been convicted as a symbol for crime
Disappointing

(1) (2) (Reply)

NECO Timetable For 2019 June/july SSCE Exam - Download PDF / Futa Pre Degree Form Is Out, I Just Went There To Get Mine Oooooo / The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.