Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,811 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

'I Used To Brush Without Toothpaste' - Sam Adeyemi On Experience With Poverty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'I Used To Brush Without Toothpaste' - Sam Adeyemi On Experience With Poverty (563 Views)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Wrong About Pastor Sam Adeyemi On Tithing / Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Daughter Sophie Bags Masters Degree In Law At Atlanta. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'I Used To Brush Without Toothpaste' - Sam Adeyemi On Experience With Poverty by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 07, 2016
Daystar Christian Center head pastor, Sam Adeyemi is truly a man of great wisdom, experience and wealth, but shockingly things were not always this good for him in the past.

In a recent interview, Adeyemi reveals he did not enjoy a life of luxury. While talking about his background, he stated that his father was a civil servant and that he had the kind of fun that children of the middle class have. Things stepped up a bit after his father became a contractor.

Unfortunately, life showed his family another side when his father's business collapsed and poverty crept in. In his words;

“I tasted poverty and real hardship.I used to brush my teeth without toothpaste.The experience gave me the capacity for compassion. I cannot forget where I am coming from,”

He further added that the experience with poverty contributed greatly to his development and eventually shaped everything he has become in life. He also spoke on why his church, Daystar focuses on leadership and raising role models.

He said;

“Practically everything we do in our church is about grooming people. We build talents to meet societal needs. We encourage the development of skills and the development of excellence, all targeted towards service.

“There is the need for one to be pure in intent. Life is vanity. It is the things you invest in life that matter. It is the capacity you build in others that counts. No man has any intrinsic value than any other man. Nobody is more important than any other person.”

He also revealed his thoughts on leadership in Nigeria. He expressed regret that although he has cause to relate with Nigerians in top positions and even in political offices, it was extremely difficult to change many of them. Quoting him;

“The best time to change the President is before he becomes the president. While it is practically too late to teach someone what to do when he already has leadership value defined in his own way, Nigeria is practically a crisis in motion. So, it is impossible for them to listen to you. Of course, many people in government mean well, but they are seriously resisted by the system that has evolved over time.”
http://politicsngr.com/used-brush-without-toothpaste-sam-adeyemi-speaks-experience-poverty/

cc: lalasticlala , mynd44

Re: 'I Used To Brush Without Toothpaste' - Sam Adeyemi On Experience With Poverty by AngryNigerian(m): 6:07am On Oct 07, 2016
Pastor pastor!
Re: 'I Used To Brush Without Toothpaste' - Sam Adeyemi On Experience With Poverty by seankay(m): 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2016
Now he dey chop him money steady. I think I should invest in the Church business grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(tue. 11/10/2016) / Scholar Makes Shocking Revelation About The Divinity Of Jesus Christ / The Spirit Of Appreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.