Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,935 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program (19278 Views)

Oba Adeyemi Adediran Ordained As Pastor 13 Years After His Coronation (Photos) / Prince Eheneden Erediauwa Moves To Uzama Palace For Coronation Ritual (Pics) / Traditionalists Parade The Streets Of Benin Ahead Of Crown Prince's Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Omeny: 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
O0ni:

Fight?

All original Kingdoms compulsorily end their coronation in Ife, with the Ooni.

Ask the Alaafin and others.

After all the preliminaries in Edo, the Olubini still has to come here to finish up.

Na the pre-historic arrangement me just dey post reminder for all of us, nor vex.

Oba Of Benin is not going to Ife or anywhere else immediately he is coronated.
Let's watch and see.
Don't let's start arguing now about Yoruba and Benin culture now.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
comos:
What about osun state, Ile ife,

are they not included in the program

Every original kingdom has to do its own local coronation stuff within its domain and at the end of it, the king finds his way to Ife to be inducted in the 'Hall of Kings'. grin

Their coronation is a re-enactment of Oranmiyan's journey into Bini & his contact with the Ogiso/the people who owned the land. It is more of visitations to historic spots Oranmiyan & certain early Oba visited as well as contact/interactions with certain original Bini owners prior to Oranmiyan.

After they had done this, the king has to come to Ife and we dey wait. cheesy grin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Omeny: 1:32pm On Oct 07, 2016
martineverest:
abeg,dont lure oba into politics

Cautioning and warning his wards not to turn his kingdom to political battle field does not mean luring our Oba into politics.
Understand my point Bro.
Oba owns us all irrespective of our political divide.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
Omeny:

Oba Of Benin is not going to Ife or anywhere else immediately he is coronated.
Let's watch and see.
Don't let's start arguing now about Yoruba and Benin culture now.

Sir, it is important that he brings certain stuff from Bini to Ife and also takes Oranmiyan's sword from Ife to Bini.

He may send messengers to bring the items from Bini to Ife but he has to come in person to get & pray with the Oranmiyan's sword under Owa Eredumi; one of the original Chief-kings ruling with (not under angry) the Ooni.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Omeny: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2016
martineverest:
abeg,dont lure oba into politics

Cautioning and warning his wards not to turn his kingdom to political battle field does not mean luring our Oba into politics.
Understand my point Bro.
Oba owns us all irrespective of our political divide.

Thanks
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by IEDA: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2016
O0ni:

Every original kingdom has to do its own local coronation stuff within its domain and at the end of it, the king finds his way to Ife to be inducted in the 'Hall of Kings'. grin

Their coronation is a re-enactment of Oranmiyan's journey into Bini & his contact with the Ogiso/the people who owned the land. It is more of visitations to historic spots Oranmiyan & certain early Oba visited as well as contact/interactions with certain original Bini owners prior to Oranmiyan.

After they had done this, the king has to come to Ife and we dey wait. cheesy grin
You go surely wait...The Bini Palace that has never shown any form subordination to that of Ife....Even the last OBA of Benin clarify this matter tire...You go just dey nairaland dey claim local tout...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by YINKS89(m): 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
next
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by einsteino(m): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
O0ni:

Sir, it is important that he brings certain stuff from Bini to Ife and also takes Oranmiyan's sword from Ife to Bini.

He may send messengers to bring the items from Bini to Ife but he has to come in person to get & pray with the Oranmiyan's sword under Owa Eredumi; one of the original Chief-kings ruling with (not under angry) the Ooni.

u just wan talk. when the ooni went to bini to marry his queen, did you see the oba palace send anyone? Bini documented history claims the first ooni of ife was a Bini prince and as such ife is a child nation of bini.. so to the binis, your dream would forever remain a dream..

12 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Jilov(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2016
Wazzaowner:
i pity d namerous head dat wl go wth dis
no more killing of humans,it has been abolish lng time ago,so very body is safe,tks u
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by kingrhirhs(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
Oduduwa was a Benin Prince.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by moralex(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2016
Semper247:
With all the rituals, he will still enter church do thanksgiving? Who will he be thanking in the church? Deities??
To give thanks to God, the God of every other gods
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by zeusdgrt(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2016
O0ni:

Lol..see stewpid thinking!my guy your first ooni is a benin prince that migrated and secondly we don't have any connection apart from your yeye ooni dey run come benin dey beg for wife which we gv am..thirdly bros u speak too highly of one ooni wen be tinubu,fashola and buhari boy,even models dey use their yansh rub the royal chairs and pose doggie,musicians they use ooni staff of office do illuminati sign for picture with am...yoruba and too much empty mouth sha..lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by eghexs76: 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
Go ask your father.....may ògùn strike that your hand
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by goshen26: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2016
An elderly man in Urhonigbe narrated the process of choosing oba of Benin for me during my NYSC in Edo. Someone tell me if he is wrong, but I love the process if he is right.

He said once the heir is born to the current king of Benin, the child is taken to Uselu, a suburb village of Benin, he will be crowned as king there,tthe elderly chieves will be guiding him, he will go to school there to have formal education, they (chieves) will enrol him to school of leadership, in all this he is still the king of uselu village, and once Oba of Benin joins his fathers he will be brought to Benin to rule...

Advantages

1. No power tussle
2. He will be prepared to rule aright
3. No pandemonium during selection of next king.

If this is true I love the process...

Love life, uselu kingdom
Long life, Benin Kingdom
Long life, people of Benin and environs

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by uyiekpen26: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2016
O0ni:
We'll be waiting for you in Ife to come to 'legitimize' your ascension to the throne.

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cool
in your dreams abi?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
IEDA:
You go surely wait...The Bini Palace that has never shown any form subordination to that of Ife....Even the last OBA of Benin clarify this matter tire...You go just dey nairaland dey claim local tout...

This is not about submission, it is about completing a rite.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by osemoses1234(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
Ooni na small boy nah for wher oba of benni dey in davido voice Ooni nah my boy
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2016
einsteino:

u just wan talk. when the ooni went to bini to marry his queen, did you see the oba palace send anyone? Bini documented history claims the first ooni of ife was a Bini prince and as such ife is a child nation of bini.. so to the binis, your dream would forever remain a dream..

Did you see Ooni at the wedding as well?

Also, there were Bini chiefs present at the wedding, some from the lady's family.

There's nothing documented anywhere. If Bini had contact with as far as Onitsha, Eko (Island), certain parts of Delta, Owo and there are traces of Bini culture present, how come no slightest traces of Bini culture in Ife monarchy?

You really do believe a person would walk the wilderness with wild animals for days and not be dead from animals or malaria?

You really do believe a person can head for a place they never knew existed nor had prior interaction with then become king?

You really do believe Bini is the only place that is East of Ife and there are no other towns in existence that are east of Ife before getting to Bini?

Stop letting your monarchy lie to you in order for them to break out, these lies started with the last king. Conduct a proper research into Bini and Ife throne relationship way before the last king then return here.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by bendeniceguy: 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
Your little dirty yoruba kings are not fit to CLEAN the left SANDAL of the great OBA OF BENIN. Not one of these BLEACHING, DIRTY COWARDS!!! The Oba of Benin is greater than all yoruba kings put together and history will testify to that. Your ile-ife was a dirty little village until a Benin prince brought them civilization. The Benin kingdom had 31 OGISOs and 38 OBAS before crown-prince Eheneden who will be ascending the throne of OMO-NO-BA-NE-EDO (the child that SHINES for Edo) as the 39th OBA of the GREATEST Kingdom in Africa outside of the Pharoahs of Egypt, the Kingdom of Kush (Sudan) and the great rulers of Ethiopia. Be warned not to throw you dirty, cowardly trash on something that is HOLIER, OLDER and more HONOURABLE than anything your little collective history has to throw-up. Learn to respect that which is GREATER THAN YOU AND YOUR ILK!!!!! Your Ife is nothing but a appendage and testimony to the Greatness of the Benin Kingdom just like Lagos, Agbor or Onitsha. Go and read Nnamdi Azikiwe's biograhy and SHUT the HELL UP
O0ni:

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by joearinze(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2016
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by einsteino(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2016
O0ni:

Also, there were Bini chiefs present at the wedding, some from the lady's family.

There's nothing documented anywhere. If Bini had contact with as far as Onitsha, Eko (Island), certain parts of Delta, Owo and there are traces of Bini culture present, how come no slightest traces of Bini culture in Ife monarchy?

You really do believe a person would walk the wilderness with wild animals for days and not be dead from animals or malaria?

You really do believe a person can head for a place they never knew existed nor had prior interaction with then become king?

You really do believe Bini is the only place that is East of Ife and there are no other towns in existence that are east of Ife before getting to Bini?

Stop letting your monarchy lie to you in order for them to break out, these lies started with the last king. Conduct a proper research into Bini and Ife throne relationship way before the last king then return here.

some of us believe a jewish man walked on water.. your own people believe a man you call oduduwa fell from the sky with a fowl, sand and palm nut to form the earth.. heck if not for civilisation, yall would still argue that the ooni is a god in flesh. so the rationality of a believe have never stopped the believer, it is called a belief and not facts for a reason.

concerning the wedding, I still have the video of the Oonis queen's wedding. asking if i saw the ooni at the wedding makes u sound ignorant of tradition.. it is something a king or crown prince cant do, at least in my part of the country.. btw the bini chiefs in attendance made it very clear that they were there in personal capacity due to their personal rship with the lady.. the palace snubbed that wedding over what they termed the insultive statement of the ooni, they regarded the same claim you are making now as an insult to the omo n'oba.

I am not bini, I am actually from one of the Delta kingdoms influenced by bini culture and so know a little of Bini history, they were actually planning to war against us before the invasion of 1897.. so its not like i am being biased here.. forget it bro, a Benin monarch can never see himself as inferior to the Ooni. like i said they have a well documented history filled with the claims of how ife and some other kingdoms were their subordinates.. and unlike you claim many of them were documented as far back as the 18th century, so i dont know how Oba erediauwa who was coronated in the 70s could influenced it. I wish I could remember the titles of several text to reference this, if you care go to Edo library or UNIBEN library, you would find more than you need.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by danfem007: 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2016
Pls oooooo, is dere going to b public holiday during d coronation?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Alexis11: 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
Omeny:

Oba Of Benin is not going to Ife or anywhere else immediately he is coronated. Let's watch and see. Don't let's start arguing now about Yoruba and Benin culture now.
But the guy you are arguing with is Igbo and not Yoruba.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by mrmachine: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
Semper247:
With all the rituals, he will still enter church do thanksgiving? Who will he be thanking in the church? Deities??

Holy Arousa no be church o.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by PierreDeFermat(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2016
emeijeh:
Oba gha'tö kpéré
see oja funfun on baba Awolowo's shoulder. Baba na confirm ogboni
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Alexis11: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2016
zeusdgrt:

Lol..see stewpid thinking!my guy your first ooni is a benin prince that migrated and secondly we don't have any connection apart from your yeye ooni dey run come benin dey beg for wife which we gv am..thirdly bros u speak too highly of one ooni wen be tinubu,fashola and buhari boy,even models dey use their yansh rub the royal chairs and pose doggie,musicians they use ooni staff of office do illuminati sign for picture with am...yoruba and too much empty mouth sha..lol

Unfortunately, you guys are not arguing with a Yoruba guy. But its good cool
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Emmy147: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
His royal majesty...........long live oba of Benin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Alexis11: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
O0ni:

When will your ban on the other moniker(ooni) expire?
I can see your good work here grin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Rayendowed007(m): 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
jide219:
My oba is better than your Benin oba,m talking the king of kings he is the true king u all know who m talking about click like if u know click share if u dont
YOU SEE UR LIFE? Dere'z only one KING OF KINGS and dats GOD....anywayz am so proud...of my... OBA...and my culture...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by 4nobody4every1: 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
sukkot:
erediauwa ukwakpolopolopolopolopolopolo
tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
einsteino:

some of us believe a jewish man walked on water.. your own people believe a man you call oduduwa fell from the sky with a fowl, sand and palm nut to form the earth.. heck if not for civilisation, yall would still argue that the ooni is a god in flesh. so the rationality of a believe have never stopped the believer, it is called a belief and not facts for a reason.

concerning the wedding, I still have the video of the Oonis queen's wedding. asking if i saw the ooni at the wedding makes u sound ignorant of tradition.. it is something a king or crown prince cant do, at least in my part of the country.. btw the bini chiefs in attendance made it very clear that they were there in personal capacity due to their personal rship with the lady.. the palace snubbed that wedding over what they termed the insultive statement of the ooni, they regarded the same claim you are making now as an insult to the omo n'oba.

I am not bini, I am actually from one of the Delta kingdoms influenced by bini culture and so know a little of Bini history, they were actually planning to war against us before the invasion of 1897.. so its not like i am being biased here.. forget it bro, a Benin monarch can never see himself as inferior to the Ooni. like i said they have a well documented history filled with the claims of how ife and some other kingdoms were their subordinates.. and unlike you claim many of them were documented as far back as the 18th century, so i dont know how Oba erediauwa who was coronated in the 70s could influenced it. I wish I could remember the titles of several text to reference this, if you care go to Edo library or UNIBEN library, you would find more than you need.

See balderdash.

Your revisionist Bini history makes no sense. You claim Oduduwa was a corruption of Izoduduwa without knowing Oduduwa is the name of the creation deity given to the Olofin for creating a new age in Ife. The same way you call Oranmiyan (another nickname) Omonayan (with an entirely different meaning). You need to read, there's a reason every Ooni goes up to Oke-Ora (which is east of Ife by the way) before coronation and descends from the hill after coronation.

There 2 classes of people in Ife, the valley settlers and the hill settlers. The valley settlers had access to fertile grounds for farming which the hill settlers wanted to have a share of and a war broke out. The skirmish long predates Olofin it just came to a head during his time.

The Bini false history did not start until the reign of the last king.

Go read works of Europeans whom Bini were the first to have contact with and see how your Oba spoke highly of Ooni (Oghene), Ile-Ife and what role the Ooni play during the coronation of every new Oba Bini.

Stop with your lies and go read books. Even Egharevba, the foremost Bini historian did not touch such frivolous claims which he knows would thwart his professional progress.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Erediauwa's Coronation Program by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
bendeniceguy:
Your little dirty yoruba kings are not fit to CLEAN the left SANDAL of the great OBA OF BENIN. Not one of these BLEACHING, DIRTY COWARDS!!! The Oba of Benin is greater than all yoruba kings put together and history will testify to that. Your ile-ife was a dirty little village until a Benin prince brought them civilization. The Benin kingdom had 31 OGISOs and 38 OBAS before crown-prince Eheneden who will be ascending the throne of OMO-NO-BA-NE-EDO (the child that SHINES for Edo) as the 39th OBA of the GREATEST Kingdom in Africa outside of the Pharoahs of Egypt, the Kingdom of Kush (Sudan) and the great rulers of Ethiopia. Be warned not to throw you dirty, cowardly trash on something that is HOLIER, OLDER and more HONOURABLE than anything your little collective history has to throw-up. Learn to respect that which is GREATER THAN YOU AND YOUR ILK!!!!! Your Ife is nothing but a appendage and testimony to the Greatness of the Benin Kingdom just like Lagos, Agbor or Onitsha. Go and read Nnamdi Azikiwe's biograhy and SHUT the HELL UP

You learnt Monarchy from Ife.

You learnt your art from Ife.

You use Yoruba names because of Ife.

Your history and relevance begins with Ife.

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sango Was A King Before Becoming Deity – Alaafin Of Oyo / Proper Greeting For Black American Meeting Boyfriend's Nigerian Mother / Prostration Among The Yoruba And The Israelites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.