Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge (673 Views)

National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment / Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. / Cynthia Whyte Lists Jonathan, Akpabio,Wike As Avengers Sponsors- SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge by conductor1: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2016
Saturday, 8 October 2016
Operatives threaten to shoot Wike as gov blocks DSS from "abducting" a judge by 1AM

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has blocked an attempt by Federal Government's secret police, Department of Security Services (DSS), to, according to him, kidnap a judge in Port Harcourt in the wee hours of today.

The governor stepped out with policemen and other security agents at the judge's 35/84 B residence in Forces Avenue, Port Harcourt, Rivers State around 1AM on Saturday 8th September to stop the arrest.

Commenting at the scene, the former minister of Education narrated:
"Not under my watch wiĺl I allow this kind of impunity to take place. That is why we are here. I don’t know which judge they were detailed to abduct. I didn’t bother myself to know which judge. All I am interested in is that, at this level, it is not allowed.

"He is not a criminal and he is not an armed robber. If the person has committed an offence, invite him. It is only when he refuses to honour the invitation that you can adopt this commando style.

"The Commissioner of Police is here, the Director of DSS is here. Their operatives cocked their guns and threatened to shoot me. I have never seen that before. Again , this is to tell you what we are facing . We know that more will come. For us in this state, we shall continue to resist it.

"It doesn’t matter what it will cost. When you talk about liberty, sacrifices must be made. We are not trying to stop an arrest. All we are saying is that things must be done decently and in line with the rule of law.

"Rivers State is under siege. For you to see a governor out at this time of the day, something is wrong. A siege is an understatement. If this type of thing happens next time, the people wiĺl resist it to the last.

"They are trying to do something funny in this state, probably to declare a state of emergency."

Source: http://www.somtoo.com/2016/10/operatives-threaten-to-shoot-wike-as.html

Re: Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge by conductor1: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2016
The story go sweet o
Re: Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge by dubemnaija: 7:43am On Oct 08, 2016
Woke is the defender of the defenseless

1 Like

Re: Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge by EternalTruths: 7:43am On Oct 08, 2016
Buhari has destroyed this country angry

Afonjas should be held responsible for bringing this calamity.

2 Likes

Re: Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge by sinistermind(m): 7:47am On Oct 08, 2016
Wow!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge by jhydebaba(m): 7:47am On Oct 08, 2016
1984 fully loaded into 2016.

Na wa oh! Wike don experience federal might cheesy

1 Like

Re: Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge by McCarlito(m): 7:47am On Oct 08, 2016
Re: Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 08, 2016
what is wrong with this wike... So he is blocking security operatives to do their job.

We are coming for u soon. Idiotic idiot

Drabeey was Here
Re: Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 08, 2016
EternalTruths:
Buhari has destroyed this country angry
Afonjas should be held responsible for bringing this calamity.

is dat all you can say?
Mtchew
Re: Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge by Mynd44: 7:50am On Oct 08, 2016

(1)

List Of Latest And Outdated Android Operating Systems. / Nigeria’s Secret Police SSS Invited To Raid ‘corrupt’ National Assembly / Facebook Closes Down Radio Biafra Page!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.