Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics (42083 Views)

Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones / List Of Smartphones That Are Compatible With Glo 4G LTE Band 28, 700mhz / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by donhils: 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
ollah2:

But it's in Nigeria
Over 700$ elsewhere.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by wristbangle: 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
SonOFaGun:

Am using HTC e8 which is like in between m8 and m9 and its 4G will it also work with glo ?

Yes boss
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by sweetenheskey(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
mtchw 4g Don baff?
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Lawalemi(m): 5:56am On Oct 11, 2016
Electronzeez:

Disregard the incomplete list from the op , my H phone supports Glo 4G and it's not on the list .

By the way whats the model of your Huawei phone .
Huawei G750-U10
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Electronzeez(m): 6:45am On Oct 11, 2016
Lawalemi:

Huawei G750-U10

Your phone is UMTS supported otherwise 3G. Huawei phones that are LTE supported has suffixes of this form

ALE-L-- GRA-L-- etc.. it means U in your G750-U10 Is for 3G category, when you buy an Huawei phone that has L After the - , it means it's one of their LTE category device .
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by dustmalik: 9:12am On Oct 11, 2016
Electronzeez:

Your phone is UMTS supported otherwise 3G. Huawei phones that are LTE supported has suffixes of this form

ALE-L-- GRA-L-- etc.. it means U in your G750-U10 Is for 3G category, when you buy an Huawei phone that has L After the - , it means it's one of their LTE category device .
Which phone are you using?
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Electronzeez(m): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
dustmalik:

Which phone are you using?

VIE-L29 (P9+)
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by dustmalik: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Electronzeez:

VIE-L29 (P9+)
Cool phone, man. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by jayjay2016: 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
Glo means business with this their 4G LTE oh, see as the thing dey fly grin Mehn if you aint using Glo then you are on a very long thing.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by FellaL: 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
jayjay2016:

Glo means business with this their 4G LTE oh, see as the thing dey fly grin Mehn if you aint using Glo then you are on a very long thing.

Google that will not work on my Phantom 6, what's now the point? I'm still even trying to tweak the IMEI for my airtel Sim to work on it.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by dustmalik: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2016
jayjay2016:

Which state are you? Because i have gone round Abuja and I've not come across the coverage.
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Bossman(m): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
Folks - please take the time to read and understand the issue here. As has been posted already, There are several 4G/LTE bands used in several countries. Unfortunately, GLO deployed their LTE network on only one band 28 (I expect that to change), and it happens to be one of the least used LTE bands. So, a lot of manufacturers do not include this band on their devices.

GLO just needs to deploy LTE on one of the more common bands. Hopefully they have some spectrum already.

Yes, your phone is 4G/LTE alright, but it may not have the very uncommon band 28 that GLO is using. For example, my device, ASUS ZenFone 2, has 8 LTE bands including the ones used by MTN/Etisatlat, but it does NOT have band 28.

Instead of asking here, just go to gsmarena, type your phone model in, and under network it will indicate the bands it supports. Or just Google 'your phone model specs'
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by damidelish: 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
Hello fam,

This Glo 4G LTE is the real deal abeg!
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by FellaL: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
damidelish:

Hello fam,

This Glo 4G LTE is the real deal abeg!

In which town?

Glo that 3G is still doing like edge
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Lawalemi(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
Electronzeez:

So appreciative of your explicit analysis. Now I know better
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Electronzeez(m): 7:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
Lawalemi:

So appreciative of your explicit analysis. Now I know better

Always..
Re: List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
post=50027886:
Please Please this list couldn't be comprehensive ,are they saying those our brothers using Gionee, techno and others can't use 4G. This is not fair na. We would be few that would be using it o

Glo uses band 28 for their LTE which doesn't support a lot of phones. It will work on phantom 6 but I don't know any gionee phone that is available in Nigeria that will support glo LTE. Gionee m5 and m5 plus does not support band 28.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia 8.3 5G Unboxing And Full Review After 2 Months + Price (photos) / Who Remembers This Phone? Amazing! / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.