Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice (804 Views)

Join a 30 Days Mentorship Program on Ecommerce/Importation Business / Attend A 2 Days Intensive Training On Importation Business Online / Custom Lifts Ban On Importation Of Rice And Also Re-introduce Import Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Aiholi(m): 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
Wale Adeniyi, the spokesperson of the
Nigeria Customs Service has revealed that
the Comptroller-General of the body,
Colonel Hameed Ali (rtd), has removed the
ban on importation of rice.

He also stated in an interview with the News
Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the import duty
payment at land borders has been reintroduced. According to him, the restriction used to be applied only at land border stations, adding that all rice imports through land borders by rice traders would attract the prevailing import duty of 10 per cent with 60 per cent levy.
“Over the years importation has been restricted to the seaports because border authorities have found it difficult to effectively monitor and control importation of rice. “When the decision to ban it (rice) was taken it
was not an effective measure because smuggling of the product thrives with people using different means of conveyance including small trucks, bicycles and even animals – putting them on donkeys and some actually carry it on their heads.
“These new measures will be for customs to
reognise their anti-smuggling operations in the
border areas and ensure that all those importers through the borders bring their rice through approved routes and pay their extant duty,” he was quoted to have said.

Ali has also recently warned Nigerians to desist from patronizing rice smuggled through land
borders. Speaking at a joint news conference on illegal rice importation to Nigeria on Tuesday, October 4, in Abuja Ali said 99 per cent of rice smuggled through the land borders is not fit for human consumption.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN),
he said NAFDAC samples have showed that
smuggled rice through the borders was unfit for
human consumption.
https://www.naij.com/1000510-breaking-customs-removes-ban-importation-rice-re-introduces-import-duty.html?source=index_main
cc: lalasticlala, myndd44
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by EYIBLESSN(m): 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
Buhari is Economic Policies a Childish Thing

That's the topic of a book I am about to write.

You can only reduce the importation and not total ban when you have not provided a concrete alternatives.

I am not a member of his party. But I supports he involve expert in building a strong and buoyant economy.

I am a Moralist that believes in God
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Benjom(m): 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
As far as I'm concerned, this is a good news. When our agric sector has improved especially in rice production then you can factor in our we can promote our own rather than stop it abruptly. That's 'wick-id'.
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Aiholi(m): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
EYIBLESSN:
Buhari is Economic Policies a Childish Thing

That's the topic of a book I am about to write.

You can only reduce the importation and not total ban when you have not provided a concrete alternatives.

I am not a member of his party. But I supports he involve expert in building a strong and buoyant economy.

I am a Moralist that believes in God

Buhari's Economic Policies a childish thing u meant to say?
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by afanide: 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
This Can't be true....

What kind of Government is this that says a thing and do different thing entirely......

Is this how we want to achieve the diversification
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by EYIBLESSN(m): 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
Aiholi:

Buhari's Economic Policies a childish thing u meant to say?

Bross Na you talk am ooo

1 Like

Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Aiholi(m): 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

Bross Na you talk am ooo
I just modified ur post
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Mynd44: 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2016

(1)

Of What Importance Is Nairaland Signature? / The Most Reliable Way To Invest In Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria Online / Top 15 Largest Animals Of Their Kind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.