Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,685 members, 7,851,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:43 PM

Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health (602 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Health by Estegift(f): 4:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
please I need help, my tooth is aching me seriously. what can I use.
Re: Health by Newbeginnings(m): 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
Do this

Toothache or Jaw Pain

Dealing with toothaches are very frustrating, especially for those who are caught unprepared, it can range from a mild to moderate to completely unbearable pain, so preparing for it is a must.

The sudden pain in the mouth comes from a wide range of possible causes and also it may be a symptom of tooth decay, so it is important to see a dentist to help pinpoint the actually cause.

What you should do:

• Completely, rinse your mouth with warm water.
• Make sure you mouth is completely free of food particles, by brushing your teeth and using dental floss.
• If your mouth is swollen, apply a cold compress to the outside of your mouth or cheek. This will help to keep the swelling down.
• Sometimes the pain can be too much to bear, just take a pain-killer to reduce the pain and give you relief.

4 Tips To Follow To Prevent Dental Emergencies

Dental Emergencies may be difficult to avoid, as it must surely happen at one time or the other, but that does mean we can't reduce the chances of it happening.

These 4 tips are a sure way to reduce those chances:

1. Protect Your Teeth

Most of the common dental emergencies comes from rough plays or other activities (either reckless or not), protecting your teeth with Mouth-guard can help prevent those sorts of dental emergencies
The same is advisable for children, and also child proofing the home and taking precautionary measures to ensure that hazards are distant from them.
2. Take Care of Your Teeth

Taking nutrients such as Calcium and Vitamin D which helps in strengthening the bone and making it resistant to damage, is advisable, also keep to oral hygiene and avoid activities which will put your teeth at risk, such as opening bottles, and eating hard food particles, like bones.
3. Avoid Self Treatment / Medication

Self Treatment is highly disadvantageous. Using sharp metal instruments on your teeth or prying out stuck food on your own can cause more damage than good.
Also be careful during the use of pain killers as placing painkillers such as aspirin against the gums near the aching tooth may burn the gum tissue.

4. Go for Regular Checkup

The importance of regular check ups cannot be over emphasized, a dental emergency such as tooth decay might be mistaken for simple tooth ache and without regular checkup it may be overlooked until it becomes more serious.

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
Re: Health by babyt66: 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
Stop drinking cold water and brush you teeth twice daily.
Watsapp me on 08032493281 for remedy

(1) (Reply)

World’s Oldest Woman Reveals The Shocking Secret To Her Long Life / Blood Pressure Kit From Germany For Sale / 10 Good Reasons Why You Should Drink A Beer! Number 4 Is Very Important

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.