Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,013 members, 7,956,752 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:13 PM

What If Hell Is Cancelled. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Hell Is Cancelled. (736 Views)

What If Hell Truly Exist?? / If Hell Is Real,then We Are All Doomed For It.(its In The Bible) / If Hell Is Real Then Half Population Of Earth Is Doomed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Hell Is Cancelled. by Oye50(m): 4:59am On Oct 19, 2009
If there is a general announcement and a confirmation that hell fire is no more, that God has decided to pardon mankind for all its sins, will u still fear God, will you still reference Him like b4, will you still worship Him at all, cos many seem to fear hell fire more than God.
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by maedan(f): 5:27am On Oct 19, 2009
Hmmn, if there's no hellfire I'll fear God more because I'll need HIM to protect me from all the killers, robbers etc that will run amok telling themselves there's no hellfire to worry about cheesy.
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by mazaje(m): 9:06am On Oct 19, 2009
maedan:

Hmmn, if there's no hellfire[b] I'll fear God more because I'll need HIM to protect me from all the killers, robbers etc that will run amok telling themselves there's no hellfire to worry about[/b] cheesy.

Are you for real? Do people really need to fear a god before they can do good to each other and avoid harming each other? Belief in god or being afraid of god/gods DOES NOT make people to stop killing, stealing, raping and destroying each other. . . .

90 percent of the people in Nigeria believe in a god and claim they fear him, but Nigeria has one of the highest crime rates in the worlld and its crime rate is ten times worse compared to countries like Sweden, Finland,Denmark, Japan where over 80 percent of the people do not believe in a god or fear any god at all. . . . .If you want to believe in a god because you of the emotional comfort and need a trancedent father figure gives you in your life then fine. . . .but if you believe in god becuse you think that is only thing you believe makes you and the other people around you to be good to each other then you really need to examine your beliefs once again. . . . . .
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by manmustwac(m): 9:40am On Oct 19, 2009
Hell or no Hell the way our leaders steal and loot, our police take bribes pastors taking advantage of the congregation you'd think that they don't believe in Hell.
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by Godmother(f): 8:58pm On Oct 19, 2009
I would still respect and fear God, but all those things I have been denying myself of doing will become instant access.
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by mazaje(m): 10:22pm On Oct 19, 2009
Godmother:

I would still respect and fear God, but all those things I have been denying myself of doing will become instant access.

Are you trying to say that you live a moral life only because of the fear of hell?
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by Oye50(m): 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2009
Thats probably what she's insinuating.
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by Abuzola(m): 11:12pm On Oct 19, 2009
Hell exist, for sure

'verily, those who deny Our verses/revealation and treat them with arrogance, for them the gates of heaven will not be opened and they will not enter paradise until the camel goes through the eye of the need (which is impossible). Thus do We recompense the mujrimun (polytheist, sinners).

Theirs will be a bed of Hell fire and over them coverings of Hell. Thur do We recompense The zalimun (wrongdoers, sinner)' Quran 7:40-41
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by Abuzola(m): 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2009
Hell exist, for sure

'verily, those who deny Our verses/revealation and treat them with arrogance, for them the gates of heaven will not be opened and they will not enter paradise until the camel goes through the eye of the needle (which is impossible). Thus do We recompense the mujrimun (polytheist, sinners).

Theirs will be a bed of Hell fire and over them coverings of Hell. Thur do We recompense The zalimun (wrongdoers, sinner)' Quran 7:40-41
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by maedan(f): 5:01am On Oct 20, 2009
@mazaje I wonder why you're attacking everyone's replies, why can't you state your case and stop trying to argue with everybody/anybody? I don't need to defend my beliefs, I was simply answering the question. Think just how much more evil the world will be if there was no notion of hell, or if it didn't exist. Those that are already bad will be downright iniquitous. So one would need to be even closer to God in order to enjoy His Protection. And that's what I meant.
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by mazaje(m): 6:21am On Oct 20, 2009
maedan:

@mazaje I wonder why you're attacking everyone's replies, why can't you state your case and stop trying to argue with everybody/anybody? I don't need to defend my beliefs, I was simply answering the question. Think just how much more evil the world will be if there was no notion of hell, or if it didn't exist. Those that are already bad will be downright iniquitous. So one would need to be even closer to God in order to enjoy His Protection. And that's what I meant.

Let me list the names of countries where over 80 percent of the people do not believe in hell. . . .

Denmark
Sweden
Fınland
Japan
Norway
Cezech Republic

Majority of the people living in these countries do not believe in hell yet the are FAR better and live better moral lives that people in Pakistan and Nigeria where over 90 percent of them believe in the concept of hell. . . . .By the way I am not attacking your post. . . .I am only disagreeing with your submissions. . . . . .
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by maedan(f): 7:46am On Oct 20, 2009
Ok @mazaje. To disagree is not a crime wink.

And thanks for the info and good for those Danish, Swedish, Finnish etc who don't believe in hell. But if they don't believe in God too then that's a different story. No one should base their faith/salvation on the fear of anything, certainly not of hell. I'm mainly indifferent to the issue of hell in any case. I do believe there's such a place but it's not the fear of it that makes me serve my God wink. Ok??
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by mazaje(m): 7:51am On Oct 20, 2009
maedan:

Ok @mazaje. To disagree is not a crime wink.

And thanks for the info and good for those Danish, Swedish, Finnish etc who don't believe in hell. But if they don't believe in God too then that's a different story. No one should base their faith/salvation on the fear of anything, certainly not of hell. I'm mainly indifferent to the issue of hell in any case. I do believe there's such a place but it's not the fear of it that makes me serve my God wink. Ok??

OK. . . . . wink
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by Godmother(f): 10:58am On Oct 20, 2009
mazaje:

Are you trying to say that you live a moral life only because of the fear of hell?

That's not what I meant o
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by jagunlabi(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2009
What If Hell Is Cancelled? That will be devastating for the christian and islamic clergy.
Pastors will start seeing their "holy fraud" church business ventures fold up like packs of cards right before their eyes because their greatest weapon of recruitment has been taken away from them in one swoop.
So they will be pushing for a heavy lobby through daily incessant prayer sessions to make sure god never make such a devastating decision.
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by Abuzola(m): 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2009
Jagunli better stop being deluded, Hell can never be cancel. Oh God ! Some people will rot like roasted gboli
Re: What If Hell Is Cancelled. by sexyLeamon(f): 2:52am On Oct 21, 2009
Oye50:

If there is a general announcement and a confirmation that hell fire is no more, that God has decided to pardon mankind for all its sins, will u still fear God, will you still reference Him like b4, will you still worship Him at all, cos many seem to fear hell fire more than God.
omg very very good question cheesy to answer ur question, i will still fear God coz i believe he have the power to recreate it.

(1) (Reply)

Peace Of Jerusalem / Zimbabwe Prime Minister In Synagogue To Seek Help / Female Members Conditions Is So Alarming that Pope Orders Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.