Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Religion Vs Intelligence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Vs Intelligence (476 Views)

Religion Vs Celibacy... / Religion Vs Christianity / Religion Vs Humanity? The Big Question. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion Vs Intelligence by pressplay411(m): 9:08am On Oct 09, 2016
Religion they say is man's search for the meaning of life.

I have always questioned why so much diversity of Faith and Religion.
No one has really been able to provide satisfactory answer.
Every Faith/Religion has its core beliefs, sacred histories and symbolic stories that followers must accept to be true no matter how incredible or irrational.
One common denominator among these various denominations is the propagation of Salvation, Bliss and Protection.
I don't know of anyone that doesn't want any of these hence more followership is lured.

But my bone of contention among others is the mutual exclusivity of Intelligence and Religion.
Why is it the more you know about a religion, the less its credibility.
More hypocritical is how every religion believes other religions are poised for damnation. Fractions within same religion is even more depressing.

This explains why Atheism is thriving in present time.
Simply because once you decide to observe each religion critically and logically you find a lot of loopholes and fallacies that put your intellectual mind and religious mind at loggerheads.

In essence, it is conclusive to say that it is most difficult for an intellectual to believe in religion.
The story of Solomon, the acclaimed wisest man that ever liveth (according to the bible) is a testament to this.
However not believing in religion is not synonymous to not believing in God.

It is paradoxical then that the wise always seem to lose faith in religion, yet religions ask you to seek wisdom.
Wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom, and with all thy getting get understanding. (Prov 4:7)
Re: Religion Vs Intelligence by hopefulLandlord: 8:02am On Apr 11, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Religion Vs Intelligence by pressplay411(m): 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
hmmmm

This has to be first time I see you on a post and not comment. Sign of concurrence perhaps?

(1) (Reply)

What Is GRACE? / Holiness In Totality?? / Prophet T. B Joshua View After The US Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.