Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. (1025 Views)

Prayers & Meditation: Big Advantage Religious Folks Have Over Atheists / Prophet Tommy Yisa Aika Wants N750k To Pray For Super Eagles To Win World Cup / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:28am On Oct 09, 2016
When most Christians try to convert non Christians, the commit the mortal mistake of using the Bible as a Reference.
What most Christians don't understand is that the first instill a sense of bigotry about the Christian religion into those that they are talking to, trying to convert with the Bible as an Authority is like , using the Bible to claim superiority
It will not sell
So, how can we win over non Christians to the Christian fold.

Appearance You can't go about convincing People, when you look like ; a thug , a harlot, a fraudster, a hipstar, a beggar, a native doctor, a masquerade.
Your appearance is your selling point. Neatness and moderation should be key in your dressing . Nobody will take someone who looks tattered or disoriented serious.

Hypocrisy Most people we preach to know us or know about us. We can't be preaching about love when we are an embodiment of hate and bitterness. We can't preach about forgiveness when we are the chief culprits of malicious behaviours . We drive past neighbours in our cars on weekdays, but remember them on Sundays because we want to show off that we have won souls .
We can't help our friends when they are sick, but will contribute to their burial. Christians need to be seen leading exemplary lives. Their lives should be worthy of emulation by all and sundry.

Tolerance We don't mind preaching to others, but when others come with their message we take offense, This attitude is what has made a lot of people view Christians in bad light, we can hold night vigils, but complain about Muslims observing their early morning prayers. We can share our Christmas chickens but refuse sallah rams, we hang rosaries on our doors cars and other places but will refuse to associate with someone wearing an amulet. How do you want to prove to them, that what is in you is greater than what is in them by constantly avoiding them.

Nuisance We need to know when to stop. Salvation is a personal issue but most Christians have turned it to a battle field. We disturb people with our Christian music, sermon and prayers sometimes just to prove our God is greater than yours, we unknowingly generate bad blood and people build a buffer zone when it comes to Christian literature being handed over to them because they have unknowingly built a bitter environment due to unnecessary being disturbed.

Communal Most Christians tend to segregate, within and beyond the Christiandom sphere. Some people can not and will not encourage befriending beyond their religious circle, yet our Lord, came for the sinners. Some cannot live in houses owned by a non Christian.
Communal Effort: Most Christians don't also like doing things with other Christians especially people of other denominations, this is usually observed by most non Christians who view the Christiandom as a divided kingdom.

Bible Knowledge Most Christians know how to quote the Bible but do not know what that verse or part of the scripture really means. Most use the Bible to justify their selfishness. Unknown to most , a lot of non Christians have sound knowledge of the Bible and if they see you as someone with limited exposure, you won't be taken serious.

Spiritual Guidance A lot of Christians are mere Church goers,who have not yet given total control of their lives to the Holy Spirit. They usually try to convert people to Christianity without divine backing and at the end of the day push their targets further from them.

Persecution/Endurance When most Christians go through a little difficulty in life the break down, non Christians observe this and use it as a yard stick for judging Christians. Some Christians are willing to sell Christ for 31 pieces of silver . In the face of Persecution Christians must be steadfast, be it when you are insulted, tempted or other unsavoury things, your resilience most be unrelentingly as it might be one of the make or mar factor in someone deciding to pitch his tent with the Christian faith.

There are many more ways to win souls over but I will stop at this.

Wishing you all a Happy Sunday
Chukwuemeka I.N
swixxknight1@gmail.com.

Please feel free to reproduce this article but always reference the original source.

1 Like

Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by fedorahat: 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
The job of conversion is usually for envagelists, yet most pastors don't empower them, as they usually look unkempt . Almost all Christians are hypocrites.
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
fedorahat:
The job of conversion is usually for envagelists, yet most pastors don't empower them, as they usually look unkempt . Almost all Christians are hypocrites.

Most tele evangelist, appear polished. Same can't be said about mobile evangelist though.
Anyway the topic is about converting non Christians
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Jusmudi(m): 7:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
U are very correct. To convert sm1 u must ist convert urself. U must also try to give room 4 dem. Bible is needed wen it is required. many blivers can quote 4rm Genesis 2 revolution, yet can nt comprehend wat is inside
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Amberon: 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
It is the holy spirit that does the work of conversion, not you.
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2016
Amberon:
It is the holy spirit that does the work of conversion, not you.

And your body acts as the vessel of the Holy Spirit.
Your Character must embody Christ in all ramifications.
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
Jusmudi:
U are very correct. To convert sm1 u must ist convert urself. U must also try to give room 4 dem. Bible is needed wen it is required. many blivers can quote 4rm Genesis 2 revolution, yet can nt comprehend wat is inside

The bible asked to be perfect as our father in Heaven is perfect, even though this is a tall order , we must at least try. Unfortunately Christian has become a title not an attitude.
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Jusmudi(m): 10:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

The bible asked to be perfect as our father in Heaven is perfect, even though this is a tall order , we must at least try. Unfortunately Christian has become a title not an attitude.
My broda even if christianity has turned 2 smtin else, wit ur love nd sacrifices, u can mak a different. If we view it in dis perspective, den I hv 2 adjust 2 my way of life nd our two keep doin home work of telling pipo d truth dt christianity is all abt love of God nd humanity, den b rest assured dt if we speak 2 20persons, I blive 2 can change. Nd smtimes our habit or our way of life can influence many pipo. So my broda according 2 " st Teresa, Do nt tink dt love, in order 2 b genuine, has to b extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired". If we show dese pipo love, den u hv made dem realize Hw useful Dey are. Infact christianity is love. For we 2 be perfect, is 4 we to love 1 another
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2016
Jusmudi:

My broda even if christianity has turned 2 smtin else, wit ur love nd sacrifices, u can mak a different. If we view it in dis perspective, den I hv 2 adjust 2 my way of life nd our two keep doin home work of telling pipo d truth dt christianity is all abt love of God nd humanity, den b rest assured dt if we speak 2 20persons, I blive 2 can change. Nd smtimes our habit or our way of life can influence many pipo. So my broda according 2 " st Teresa, Do nt tink dt love, in order 2 b genuine, has to b extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired". If we show dese pipo love, den u hv made dem realize Hw useful Dey are. Infact christianity is love. For we 2 be perfect, is 4 we to love 1 another
I support all you say, LOVE CONQUERETH ALL
Love though is not enough to win over new converts, there needs to be seen something in a Christian that will make an unbeliever change his mind.
Love
Dignity
Preservation
Radiation
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Jusmudi(m): 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

I support all you say, LOVE CONQUERETH ALL
Love though is not enough to win over new converts, there needs to be seen something in a Christian that will make an unbeliever change his mind.
Love
Dignity
Preservation
Radiation
I marry my hands 4 u. Bravo
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
Jusmudi:

I marry my hands 4 u. Bravo
May the good lord continue guiding us.
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Seun(m): 7:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
The only way to win over a well informed atheist is to provide some strong evidence that supports your claims.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Jusmudi(m): 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

May the good lord continue guiding us.
Amen, as we work in his vineyard
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Lagusta(m): 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
The only way a Christian can convert a Muslim is if that Muslim does not have an in-depth kmowledge of the religion....
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
Jusmudi:

Amen, as we work in his vineyard
Amen

1 Like

Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
Seun:
The only way to win over a well informed atheist is by providing some strong evidence that supports your claims.

Most Atheist believe in superior argument, are well knowledgible in religious books and will always have an explanation whether right or wrong for many things termed spiritual.

To win over an Atheist , you first of all need audience, and that's why I factored in appearance as my first point. Audience in this case is not limited to dressing and preaching but also behaviour.

Two , an Atheist will need to see something in you beyond logical explanation, for him to maintain interest in you. It could be constant promotion in the work place. Strenght and perseverance in the face of severe persecution or even benovelence in you

Three. An atheist will try to explore you to explain you, or explain to you. Arguing with him will make you a lost case. Just keep on living a life worthy of emulation.

Four. Touch of the supernatural, when there is no logical explanation to certain events in your life. The term it providence, whenbit becomes a constant reoccurrence, some atheists starts to ponder and with time , will see the light.
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:56pm On Oct 13, 2016
Lagusta:
The only way a Christian can convert a Muslim is if that Muslim does not have an in-depth kmowledge of the religion....

There are many ways a Muslim can convert a Christian and Vice Versa, irrespective of what you know or claim to know.
Love being key in the equation. Quality of life ( different from quality of lifestyle or living ) also plays a role.
The eye is key to the heart , and man being a product of emulation will always seek something more desirable than his present status irrespective of previous knowledge.
A lot of people have come to me for counseling based on my character.
Re: How To win over Atheists, Muslims, ATR And Others. by fedorahat: 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2016
Seun:
The only way to win over a well informed atheist is to provide some strong evidence that supports your claims.
Una go ever gree

(1) (Reply)

Young Priests Scared Of Exorcisms Job Following Possessed Pins And Wood Vomiting / The National Church Of Nigeria (pics) / Anglican Diocese Of Owerri To Announce New Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.