Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,476 members, 7,861,375 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:02 AM

Stop Chasing Shadows - Dr. Elvis UKPAKA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Chasing Shadows - Dr. Elvis UKPAKA (326 Views)

EFCC Is Chasing Shadows, Only God Can Decide 2019 - David Mark / Oshiomhole, Iara And Elvis Chuks Spotted In Los Angeles / Igbos Are Like The Ukpaka Tree: American Prof. Tells About The Igbo People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Chasing Shadows - Dr. Elvis UKPAKA by udy001: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
Friends, greetings in Jesus Name! Two weeks ago I was invited to a Radio program in Lagos to discuss on “The Making of A Great Nation”. Many callers asked some questions, and contributions were made too. In their opinions, the biggest problem facing Nigeria is corruption. I remember the Lord telling me some time ago that our major challenge in Nigeria is not corruption per se. Corruption is only a symptom of the larger problem. Our problem is a sin problem. Period! The book of Proverbs 14:34 says, “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people”. It went further to say, “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bears rule, the people mourn” (Prov.29:2). This is exactly what we are facing today in our land. When the wicked are in power, what you see is a full blown “Bad Leadership and Governance” that produces – corruption, infrastructural decay, disunity, inequality, injustice, and shedding of innocent blood. Surprisingly, you see nations that do not even know God but somehow practice equity, justice, and good governance to their people – and they are prospering as a nation. Why? God values justice and righteousness. Nations don’t get established by wickedness, but in righteousness (Isaiah 54:14). To get it right – we must stop chasing shadows – stop treating symptoms – but chase after righteousness by doing what is right in God’s eyes. To embark on the journey of achieving a permanent solution to our national ordeals, the Almighty God through second Chronicles 7:14 declares, “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” There is a need for a “Heart Change” or what I call “Spiritual Heart Transplant” from “Evil to Good” before we can experience real change in our nation. Now, let’s look at this topic in another dimension as it relates to us individually. While the devil hides somewhere pulling the strings, we as humans have always seen another human being as our problem. No wonder you hear people say, “It’s that uncle or my mother in-law behind my problems”. Listen, while humans can only act as agents, the real person behind all your sufferings is the devil. “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood” (Eph.6:12). Therefore, resolve never to focus on anybody as your problem. Personally, I have been in a situation where someone was sitting on my file, not wanting to sign it to allow me go forward. Really, I saw this man as my problem but somehow realized there was more to it. Then I asked the Lord: What should I do? Already I have been to this man’s office twice and he chased me out. The Lord told me to go pray for an hour, take authority over the devil, and then go back to the man. Then I prayed as instructed and returned again to the man. This time he welcomed me very well and signed the paper. It was like magic. Remember, “Stop Chasing Shadows”.

You’re BLESSED!

Happy Sunday!

With love, Dr. Elvis UKPAKA!

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Democracy On The Decline? / Nigeria Must Prevail! / Ondo Election: NSCDC Denies Training Thugs For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.