Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

"I Don't Care" Attitude Of Nigerian Legislators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Don't Care" Attitude Of Nigerian Legislators (442 Views)

Fashola Angry With Enugu Legislators Action On Eedc / Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators / Dele Momodu: "I Don't Care If All Buhari's Appointments Come From Daura" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I Don't Care" Attitude Of Nigerian Legislators by ajealadick(m): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
There is a worrying trend that comes to my mind. Have you noticed that most times there is plenary in the National Assembly on serious national issues you'll find law makers sitting away from the proceedings. Not that alone, many of them are into chitchats of inconsequential issues, crisscrossing the rows just to give pleasantries and many not involved in ongoing deliberations, several non members loitering too.
With this trend I found out only the leadership of the houses are serious on the proceedings and many are just there to "represent" their constituencies and nothing more.
At a time like this all hands must be on deck to contribute diverse ideas and not to sleep only to wake and say "aye" or "nay" depending onthe outcome of their dreams.
I also noticed the chambers are too big therefore giving lazy assemblymen an excuse to sit afar off. If you see the British parliament (picture attached) or many other European nations try comparing the sitting arrangements with ours (picture attached).

With the foregoing I sense we are wasting money on a nonfunctional assembly, and something needs to be done fast if we must move on.

Re: "I Don't Care" Attitude Of Nigerian Legislators by ever811(m): 6:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
even my village elders are more serious and responsible than those criminals.. don't forget that some of them are secondary school dropout who got there by godfatherism might.I bet my last cup of rice,...most of them,if there name is not written bold in capital letters they won't recognize it...useless bunch of irresponsible he goats...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Tinubu Enigma / Fashola Represent Nigeria At 3rd United Nations Conference On Housing In Ecuador / APC Confirms Eze As Acting Chairman In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.