Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) (29877 Views)

Oluwo Akanbi Supports The Establishment Of Fulani Ranches In Yoruba Land / Names Of Various Animals In Yoruba Language / Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa And Other Tribes Must Live As One - Emir Of Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by right0100: 11:59am On Oct 10, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by nextstep(m): 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
How I have wished for something like this for so long. More grease to their elbows.

1 Like

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by nextstep(m): 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
yedidiah:
Why do we always restrict Nigeria to Hausa. Igbo and Yoruba sef.

Because with those three languages, you capture 80% or so of the audience. The remaining 20% is a lot to do, if you think of all the languages that would need to be recorded and the talent to be found and paid. We should strive for 100%, but don't begrudge too much for the effort. It's the reason Google started out in English, and over time, with more resources and demand, offered more and more language.

And don't forget, if you have a particular language in mind, support them, volunteer your efforts, and donate some money so they can make it happen.

1 Like

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by bedfordng(m): 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
AdamuW:
Yoruba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pkSS9Pn0tM

Igbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPmtxkDnf7A

Hausa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHyahzJrsw

The Bino and Fino project is designed to provide young children access to educational cartoons that reflect Nigerian and African culture, history and more. To help keep certain aspects of culture and heritage alive children have be able to have access to media that reflects them.
you are dealing with nigerians and you are making use of paypal, 2checkout as payment processor when you should use quickteller/interswitch gateway.
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by mjameel(m): 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
na Only Hausa , Youruba and Igbo languages we get for Naija
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
Adonis3:

we always clamour for patronage of local products to improve the economy but i believe it should begin with the manufacturers

You need to give us something worth spending money on before asking us to patronize

You can't give us a substandard good(which many Nigerian products are known for) and expect people who have money to afford quality goods to patronize you simply because you're our own

If Apple wasn't qood, the Americans wouldn't consider it!

I'm yet to watch the cartoon but if it's actually good, then I support its support

#Adonis3HasSpoken
well said
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by Mzjacy(f): 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
This is a good development. Hope they make one for Edo soon, wanna get it for my niece and nephew
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by mensahe125: 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by Lilimax(f): 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2016
yedidiah:
Why do we always restrict Nigeria to Hausa. Igbo and Yoruba sef.
Human wants insatiable embarassed

No nmekwatalism shocked

1 Like

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by nnokwa042(m): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
orimsamsam:
This is good. While some tribal Lords are busy bashing themselves. Someone is actually making use of the three languages judiciously
if a northerners can not trust yorubas thier fellow muslim how much more them trusting igbo person, or u never hear that northerners dont attend mosque were yoruba person is the chief imam we dont like each other shikina no pretending

1 Like

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by Bollinger(m): 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
Teensway:
Poor animation/CGI. I'll always wonder when our cartoons will get better.

That is not even the problem. Even the way the characters are made to speak is wrong. No one speaks yoruba like that anymore. Go watch sesame street and you'll understand. The programe evolved to depict today's world so that their kids will understand it better. It is a good idea though but needs to do better.
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by blessedvisky(m): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
hahn:
Nice.

They should try and make Sango a super hero and have him kill Allah and Yahweh/Jehovah grin
I Dan talk am before, you say Na lie
Its seems atheism is all you exist for undecided
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by ObaKlaz: 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
Teensway:
I was gonna say that. I was expecting the Kungfu Panda, Justice League etc...type of quality. Good initiative, but the quality still leaves a lot to be desired.
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by hahn(m): 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
blessedvisky:
I Dan talk am before, you say Na lie Its seems atheism is all you exist for undecided
Pray to your god for me to stop
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by Winning123: 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
veekid:
Incredible

Honestly
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by altitudee: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2016
very Nice[b]
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by BodyKiss(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
hahn:
Nice.

They should try and make Sango a super hero and have him kill Allah and Yahweh/Jehovah grin

Lol, actually thought of something along that line when I was looking for a game concept to design. But not actually Sango killing Yahweh, just something to do with African gods.

2 Likes

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
Wow, wow, wow. I was so excited I clicked it so first and jeez this is sooooooo cool and also very informative cheesy grin
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by Jacko1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2016
All this 1 will not unite any nigeria

We shall still all grow into tribalists that we are

I small b4 na

Ma eye don open now..... Seeing afonjas and abokis for what they are

Igbo amaka for life
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
Teensway:

There's always room for improvement. It's a welcome idea, if they are given adequate support I'm sure the brains behind this will improve.

adewasco2k, Slyr0x Anti-spam bot banned me for making a 'very informative' post in the Webmaster section. It's so annoying, please check my account.

1 Like

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by hahn(m): 1:46pm On Oct 10, 2016
BodyKiss:

Lol, actually thought of something along that line when I was looking for a game concept to design. But not actually Sango killing Yahweh, just something to do with African gods.

Let our Gods kill those useless Abrahamic gods. It's about time we start unbrainwashing our people.

Since our slave masters lied to us it is only right we tell them the truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by laspo82(m): 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
Nice work
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by blessedvisky(m): 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
hahn:

Pray to your god for me to stop
At least you know and admit you can't help it and require something bigger than you to help. Well, have this for a sample

1 Like

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by hahn(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
blessedvisky:
At least you know and admit you can't help it and require something bigger than you to help. Well, have this for a sample

You are boring undecided
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by blessedvisky(m): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2016
hahn:

You are boring undecided
Lol
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by lepasharon(f): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2016
Bollinger:

That is not even the problem. Even the way the characters are made to speak is wrong. No one speaks yoruba like that anymore. Go watch sesame street and you'll understand. The programe evolved to depict today's world so that their kids will understand it better. It is a good idea though but needs to do better.

You want them to speak in yoruba slang abi. Those slang are diluting the language.

1 Like

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by Biddypearl(f): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
saw dis cartoon wen i was small with amina d gal n zuma d pet monkey with d wicked uncle dint rembr d name so its not new
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by Bollinger(m): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
lepasharon:

You want them to speak in yoruba slang abi. Those slang are diluting the language.

Not slang. You and i know no one speaks like that in this day and age. No one says "se ka lo jeun". It's more "she ka lo jeun".

1 Like

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by hahn(m): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by lepasharon(f): 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
Bollinger:

Not slang. You and i know no one speaks like that in this day and age. No one says "se ka lo jeun". It's more "she ka lo jeun".

Well, I guess they are trying to promote proper yoruba. Maybe the yoruba is based off a certain dialect

1 Like

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by shumuel(m): 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
BodyKiss:

Please do, have been waiting for something of such since 2013, i even have the ideas but i know nothing of Animation nor CGI e.t.c

Don't mind hahn o No Allah or Jehovah o, but please add these gods to your list, i will even give you some of their Powers/Abilities and how to incupurate it into gaming.

Oduduwa: He is believed to be the King of the gods, who came down from heaven on a long chain.
You can give him the abilities of Scorpion MK + Shakan MK, but don't add a spare to the chain, also make him look royality, he also has the power to Appear & Disappear.

Sango: The god of Tunder and Lighting. You can give him the abilities of Rayden Mk + Rain MK + Ermac MK + Human Smoke MK,, the guy is loaded grin

Ogun: The god of Steel/metal. He can have the abilities of Human Smoke MK + Kabal MK.

Osun: The godess of the River. You can give her the abilities of Sindel MK + Rain's Fire/Water ball MK + Water bender(Legend of Korra/Aang),, Her Power is Water.

Oya: The wife of Sango, She is a shapeshifter who can turn into an Antelop, i think she is also the godess of the forest, she has the ability to call a waterfall and also to part mountains; according to the movies,, so i believe her abilities should be that of Shang Tsung MK + Earth benders (Legend of Korra/Aang) or she sould just have the ability to change into an Antelop and give an opponent an headboot.

Esu: He is refer to as Devil, the god of the underworld. Give him the abilities of Noob Saibot MK but make him shorter than the rest.

The above gods are the ones i know well but i know they are more than these.
Remember the Characters have to look dark/black.

Make it have the quality of MK: Mortal Kombat, to make it interesting.

And yeah Name it something like Yoruba gods/gods of Africa/gods of Nigeria but if you chose ''gods of Nigeria'' remember to add that of the S/E, S/S like ''Amadioha'', ''Olammarii'' to the list, i don't think they have gods in the Northern part of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) by sensolution10(m): 3:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
Wowwww...kip it up bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup / 46th Coronation Anniversary Of Oba Adeyemi, The Alaafin Of Oyo (Photos) / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.