Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation (1039 Views)

Send Bulk SMS To DND Numbers Without Registration, Using Cheapglobalsms.com / Cheapest Bulk SMS In Nigeria With Delivery To DND Numbers / Mtn Dnd What You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation by okwutency(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
Good day Nairaland family.

I am writing this with so much pain in my heart and frustration MTN has caused bulksms service due to DND implementation. I am not against the idea of DND, in fact I appreciate it. But the problem is that MTN has used this platform to cripple bulksms services in Nigeria while even the big fish in the business has been quiet on the issue.

Other networks implemented their own DND with no issues, no one was affected except those that opted in for the service. But MTN implemented this same DND and millions of their subscribers were automatically activated without consent. This has led to many people missing important information sent by organisations, churches, associations etc. they belong to. This issue of numbers not receiving bulksms started the first day (1st July 2016) this DND was implemented. When MTN customer was called, they claimed that those people activated for the DND. Now, if you call the owner of the line, they tell you they never heard of DND of know about it. So how can some many people activate for service that was launched today of which no advert was actually done about it?

The worst being that MTN charges bulksms providers for these DND automatically affected numbers and still don’t deliver the sms. I have sent them complaint via twitter, called customer care but they kept on arguing that they never activated anyone automatically. I also sent email to the NCC that initiated this idea to query MTN to review this DND implementation on their network but NCC never replied any of my emails or Facebook messages.

So I have come to this place believing that appropriate authorities might see this cheating and injustice and query MTN to review this problem so that bulksms will deliver to people it was sent to and not charge falsely blocked numbers due to MTN programmers’ incapability.

Thank you very much.

If this could be moved to front page, I will gladly appreciate. lalasticlala, LadyF, Seun...
Re: Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation by adrusa: 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
I don't understand. Are you suggesting that MTN should be queried for giving me the choice to block your spam text messages?
Re: Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation by okwutency(m): 6:12am On Oct 11, 2016
adrusa:
I don't understand. Are you suggesting that MTN should be queried for giving me the choice to block your spam text messages?
No... I am saying that they should be queried on automatic subscription of clients into the the DND service.
Re: Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:37am On Oct 16, 2016
adrusa:

Lolz. guy pity the OP jhoor
Re: Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation by Teelurv9(m): 10:35am On Oct 16, 2016
[quote author=okwutency post=50082275]Good day Nairaland family.

Thoes that u said were activated on DND automatically are they complaining...... Were u activated too? Or did MTN not c u?
Re: Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation by Sezua(m): 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
please, stop lamenting jawe. DND is about the best thing that happened to my phone this year.
Re: Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation by okwutency(m): 7:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
You would have tried to understand the point I am making and not condemn what I am saying... Many ppl call us bulksms providers complaining that they no longer receive sms from their churches or associations... When we tell them that they activated DND, they say they didn't and don't even know what DND is about... It's causing many ppl to miss out from important information.
If it's only the ppl that opted in for DND that don't receive BulkSMS, it's fine and ok of which I love that... But for ppl to be automatically blocked is what I am fighting for. Thank you.
Re: Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation by Teelurv9(m): 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
they told they were activated automatically u believed, Mtn told u they didn't activate anyone automatically and u didn't believe.........why is dat?

1 Like

Re: Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation by adrusa: 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
okwutency:
You would have tried to understand the point I am making and not condemn what I am saying... Many ppl call us bulksms providers complaining that they no longer receive sms from their churches or associations... When we tell them that they activated DND, they say they didn't and don't even know what DND is about... It's causing many ppl to miss out from important information.
If it's only the ppl that opted in for DND that don't receive BulkSMS, it's fine and ok of which I love that... But for ppl to be automatically blocked is what I am fighting for. Thank you.

No one is automatically added. Don't believe bullshit. What is possible is in that in activating the DND, many people did not know that it will block bulk sms. But MTN has a nice website where you can chose what to block and what to allow.
Re: Query Mtn Ng To Review Their Dnd Implementation by okwutency(m): 6:57am On Oct 17, 2016
adrusa:

No one is automatically added. Don't believe bullshit. What is possible is in that in activating the DND, many people did not know that it will block bulk sms. But MTN has a nice website where you can chose what to block and what to allow.

I know what I am saying bro. The day that DND was implemented was the day this problem started. Tell me how is it possible that a package was implemented today with no advert and same day in the morning almost 30% of MTN lines were having sms issue.
I am not talking about ppl that know about DND and activated for it, but ppl that don't even know about DND nor activated anything but still, their lines were barred. Try understand me... DND may be good for u and I respect that, but ppl dat don't need it but we're affected and keep calling us with complaint is what I am concerned about.

Other networks implemented this same DND and only ppl that activated it are the ones not receiving bulksms of which we don't complain about.

(1) (Reply)

Crisp "Clean" HTC M8 & HTC A9 Very Affordable!!! / Clean Samsung Note 5 64gig SOLD / Locked To Network Iphone 6 64gig For Sale( Gold)70k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.