Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,105 members, 7,863,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

Buhari Implores Nigerians To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Implores Nigerians To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods (647 Views)

Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) / Buhari To Nigerians: Patronize Made-in-nigeria Goods / Fuel Subsidy: 1 Million Nigerians To Receive N5,000 Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Implores Nigerians To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods by finalboss(m): 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
President Buhari has implored Nigerians to patronize made in Nigeria goods. He made this call today Monday October 10th while speaking at the 22nd Nigerian Economic Summit in Abuja, where he stated that increasing local production of goods and services will not only create jobs for the youths but move Nigeria from an import-based to an export-based economy.

“My greatest desire is that Nigeria moves from import dependence to self-sufficiency in local production and become an export-led economy in goods and services. I am delighted that your theme is: ‘Made in Nigeria’ which lies at the heart of so many efforts we are making to lead us through this trouble times and lay a firm foundation for the future. As I have said in the past, we need to diversify the economy so that we will never again have to rely on one commodity to survive as a country. So that we can produce the food we eat, make our own textiles, produce most of the things we use and create the right environment for our youth to be able to benefit and create jobs through technology. This has been the commitment and the mandate of this administration and I have remain focus on it since the assumption of this administration Fortunately, we have champions of made in Nigeria that have defied the odds over the years to produce locally and contribute to our economy. I hope by the end of this you will make useful and realistic recommendations and policies.” he said

He noted that Initiative and incentives that will enhance work are already been put in place by this administration.
"I encourage more local production, to improve ease of doing business environment, transfer our technology and innovation capabilities, improve quality and standards, promote export and change our old attitude and behaviours to made in Nigeria products and services, he said".
mynd44 lalasticlala

http://www.jeloser.info/2016/10/buhari-implores-nigerians-to-patronize.html

Re: Buhari Implores Nigerians To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods by seunlayi(m): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
finalboss:
sebi creating threads is free? kontinue
Re: Buhari Implores Nigerians To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods by dauddy97(m): 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
lmao....
Re: Buhari Implores Nigerians To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
We have Made in Nigeria Universities but Buhari's children went to UK for same studies. ...

We have made in Nigeria Hospitals but common Ear was taken to London for same treatment.....

We have NIIR in V I Lagos....but Chatham House London was preferred for same lecture presentation......

So....let us have leadership by example.. first.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implores Nigerians To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 10, 2016
I have said in the past, we need to diversify the economy so that we will never again have to rely on one commodity to survive as a country
hypocrisy is one element in Buhari. He talks about diversifying the economy, but he was busy searching for the same oil where it does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implores Nigerians To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods by tinkinjow: 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2016
That's if there r still goods made in Nigeria except akara due what they've done with the economy
Let him and his family start it by buy Nigerian made wrist watches, hand bags and shoes.
Re: Buhari Implores Nigerians To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
In other news Zahra rocks N210000 worth Dior earnings.
www.nairaland.com/3388731/zahra-buhari-rocks-n210000-dior

Last I checked, Dior wasn't Nigerian.

#changebeginswithme
Re: Buhari Implores Nigerians To Patronize Made In Nigeria Goods by Gracious3105(m): 8:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
Yes made in Nigeria goods not services because I can go and treat my "headache" in London

Abeg na headacha I talk I no mention ear before DSS come for me. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Jibrin Withdraws Suit Against House Of Reps / Fulani Cattle Breeders Tackle Fayose Over ‘arrest’ Of Cows / 10 Quotes From President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.