Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

The Man: Thomas Isdore Noel Sankara - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Man: Thomas Isdore Noel Sankara (1246 Views)

Biography Of Thomas Sankara, One Of Greatest Sons Of Africa. / Thomas Sankara Dream Realized: The Lwill Burkina Faso Revolution / Thomas Sankara, Africa's Ché (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man: Thomas Isdore Noel Sankara by alexmakaay(m): 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2009
what do u know about this former president of burkina faso who died in active service while trying to sanitise his country.
plz relevant information is welcomed (not from net plssss)
Re: The Man: Thomas Isdore Noel Sankara by Ikomi(m): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2009
"I would like to leave behind me the conviction that if we maintain a certain amount of caution and organization we deserve victory. You cannot carry out fundamental change without a certain amount of madness. In this case, it comes from nonconformity, the courage to turn your back on the old formulas, the courage to invent the future. It took the madmen of yesterday for us to be able to act with extreme clarity today. I want to be one of those madmen. We must dare to invent the future."

Thomas Isdore Noel Sankara

I dont know the man, he never spent enough time for us to judge him, or leave a legacy.

But if an african leader of the 80's said those words and he meant it.

Then I say the imperialists caused the death of one of Africas great leaders.
Re: The Man: Thomas Isdore Noel Sankara by Recognise: 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2009
Alexmakaay:

What do you know about this former president of Burkina Faso who died in active service while trying to sanitise his country.

plz relevant information is welcomed (not from net plssss)

@Alexmakaay

Died? Wasn't the case cold blooded murder assasination by his sly second in command "Judas" old chum

Anyway he was a young man, a visionary, seemingly sincere and had good intentions but was ahead of his time.

Sadly his idealism costed him his life.

He was considered expendable at home and indirectly by the "powers that be" abroad.

Was gotten rid off in a cowardly & brutal manner because he was ruffling feathers

An admirable man? RIP

[img]http://zwan.files./2007/12/sankara.jpg[/img]
Thomas Isidore Noël Sankara
Re: The Man: Thomas Isdore Noel Sankara by back2back(f): 10:31am On Oct 24, 2009
Sankara change the name from upper volter to Burkina Faso(Land of Upright People).

He started very well compare to many AFRICAN theives.

He never changed is battered car and his mother remain road-side food seller while his father always ride his old bicycle to his farm.

He showed to all you dont have to steal to be a leader in Africa, sadly, 1987 he was killed by his trusted friend Blaise Compaore who remains President till today and still full supported by AU and WEST.

Nobody in AFRICA or WEST condemn this brutal killing rather they backed Compaore!
Re: The Man: Thomas Isdore Noel Sankara by Ikomi(m): 10:36am On Oct 24, 2009
back2back:

Nobody in AFRICA or WEST condemn this brutal killing rather they backed Compaore!

You tell me how thieves would deny their comrade? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Mirage - Buildings And Mountains Appear In China's Xin'an river / 3D The New Way Things Will Be Built (first 3D Printed House Lands In Dubai) / Rothschild: 'Trump Is Threatening To Destroy The New World Order'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.